PDA

View Full Version : Lenses and Focus on FS100 with adapters

shortnstout
08-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi All,
I have a Zeiss Nikon mount lens for my 60D and I don't like how it focuses past infinity and the distance markers are also rendered inaccurate because of the adapter you must use between the lens and camera.

I'm not interested in the NEX lenses that are out there, so it seems I'd need SOME adapter for whatever lens situation I run with on the FS100. So my question is--- will some or all all of the following adapters mess up my focus marks and allow the lenses to focus past infinity?:
- the Birger,
-the Novoflex for Nikon to FS100,
-Sony LA-EA1 for Alpha lenses)

cuervo
08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I've got a Kipon adapter and I see the same problem. Infinity focus occurs before the infinity mark on my Canon glass.

Mark Crabtree
08-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Be happy. If it focused too late you would have no infinity. Seriously, all my L glass hits infinity a little before the lens barrel stops turning. I think it works better for autofocus that way. I like being able to focus manually all the way through the infinity position to nail exact infinity.

rejdmast
08-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Lenses are made to focus past infinity to compensate for temperature changes, etc.

cuervo
08-07-2011, 02:29 PM
It's a backfocus issue. The RIGHT way to design a lens is with an adjustable backfocus.....or an adapter with backfocus adjustment.

speedracerlo
08-07-2011, 06:03 PM
yes backfocus adjustment would take care of that; on the Sony F900, there was a tightening/loosening knob to adjust backfocus