PDA

View Full Version : LCD setting: bright or normal?

Kyle McConaghy
08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Hello! I'm loving my FS100, but want to make sure I'm getting accurate exposure. I've heard some people say that the LCD "Bright" settings renders better exposure than "normal". What do you all prefer? Is either of them spot on?

Thanks! Kyle

DOSMedia
08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I just look at my histogram for proper exposure and also have my zebra on. Ive never trusted those LCDs for exposure.

I do have mine set to bright though, so I can see what I am filming better. Plus its really hard to see the LCD on normal during the day time.

cuervo
08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
wow...I would NEVER rely on my LCD to determine exposure. That's what the histo and zebra are for. If you really need to use your LCD, turn on the bars preset and adjust the brightness for the pluge bars...just as you would do for any display monitor.

speedracerlo
08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I put my LCD on bright and it seems to be closer to what it really looks like on screen
the normal level is underexposed than it really is
it's not perfect with just two brightness settings, but brighter is better in this case

Mark Crabtree
08-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Bright. Otherwise, regardless of your zebras, you will always be tempted to open the iris a little too much to compensate for the darker lcd image. It seems us humans have a great fear of the dark.