PDA

View Full Version : Re: S&Q Mode vs DSLR Timelapse

ectobuilder
07-31-2011, 08:42 PM
If you had to choose given the pros and cons, would you use the FS100 or DSLR for Timelapse? Assuming you don't mind recording in increments available on the FS100.

We can also assume that we have Magic Lantern.

On that note, does anyone find that the 1fps S&Q to be very unresponsive on the FS100? After you press record it seems to hang.

alaskacameradude
07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
If you had to choose given the pros and cons, would you use the FS100 or DSLR for Timelapse? Assuming you don't mind recording in increments available on the FS100.

We can also assume that we have Magic Lantern.

On that note, does anyone find that the 1fps S&Q to be very unresponsive on the FS100? After you press record it seems to hang.

It takes a few seconds for the 1fps S&Q mode to both start and stop. I am guessing it is writing to a cache or something like that. Just wait a couple seconds, it works
great as long as you just wait for it to start and finish writing to the card.....I don't think it is 'hanging' so much as it is writing to the card.....in other words
I think it is probably normal behavior in this situation. I could be wrong, but mine behaves this way as well, but it works just fine if I wait a few seconds.

morgan_moore
08-01-2011, 08:52 AM
A dslr offers shooting 4k raw images - that will have flexibiity and quality an order of magnitude better than the images from an FS100 with incredible post options avaialble too

For example one can pan in post at full 1080 with a DSLR

of course the simple workflow of an FS can put a TL into your sequence quickly and simply

S