PDA

View Full Version : Change Lens = Change Black Balance ?!

P. Harrill
07-22-2011, 06:51 PM
The things one learns when reading the manual. On page 19 of the FS100 manual it says, "When you have changed the lens, it is recommended to adjust the black balance before recording."
Really?

I certainly haven't been bothering to do this, nor have I noticed any effect on my footage for not doing this. (I presume they only want you to black balance after changing lenses with the camera on -- I can't imagine why black balance would need to be changed if changing lenses while the power was off.)

Anyway, I imagine a lot of you hadn't even read this in the manual. Has anyone actually been doing a black balance after each lens change? And, if so, have you seen a difference?

I know with the Red One a black balance is recommended when you change the firmware... but changing the lenses? That's a new one for me.

Kraut69
07-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Yes, what is the purpose of this? I saw one post that sort of suggested to a person that he would get rid of his red dead pixel if he black balanced. Sounded like it worked. That's all I've seen about this.