PDA

View Full Version : How bou't a movie of the week club?

evinsky
04-28-2005, 01:48 AM
I know it's a little Oprah but I bet we each know of some great underrated movies that we could suggest, watch and then banter about. We do live in the age of Netfix & Blockbuster so you should be able to get and watch at least one movie a week.
It will help us all become better directors by exposing us to new work we can deconstruct and argue about for days.

Some suggested rules:
No blockbusters or recent (Six months) releases. Think under the radar.
Must be available on Netflix in DVD (Nothing truly obscure)
Because were talking about directing let's try to keep it to narritive live action.

As far as who gets to choose...

We all do. A different member each week. Chosen by the previous member.
I think it should be final though. After all, that week he's the director, were the crew.
We can always rip em' a new one if it sucks so there's incentive to be creative.

Of course there's no obligation, some rules may vary, check your local listings and no purchase necessary... and of course...

I go first.

Your assignment if you choose to accept it is...
Millers Crossing. By the Cohen Bros.

Any Takers?
If this works out I'll choose my replacement at the begining of the discussion.

victorian
04-28-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm in!!! Interesting stuff.

Super Trooper
04-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm down with that. Is there any particular day of the week that it needs to be watched by in order for everyone to discuss it, or is it a free-for-all?

J.R. Hudson
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm game.

evinsky
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Once the thread is started then it could go on as long as people keep interested. The discussion can begin as soon as the movie is announced. Because some of us may have already seen it. The one's who haven't can chime in once they have. I know this won't work perfectly, so a week is a loose term. When the discussion seems to die then the next Movie will be announced.

victorian
04-28-2005, 04:23 PM
So it is then "Miller's Crossing?"

evinsky
04-28-2005, 10:19 PM
It is, enjoy.
BTW made in 1990.

Jim Brennan
05-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Is this still a go? It's probably my favorite Coen flick.

evinsky
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I'l start a new topic to discuss.

RONIN FILMER
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
How Do I Join This Thing. Well Im Still Going To Talk About Millers Crossing. It Is Not The Cohens Bros Best But Its One Of There Best. A Very Cartoonish Film Noir Style. Alot Of Textures When It Comes To Cinematography. Two Scenes Stick Out To Me. First Of Course The Scene When John Tuturro Begs For His Life. And When Albert Finny Has The Cool Shoot Out In His Room. Which Was Later Trancended By Tarantino In Kill Bill Vol 1 The Anime Sequence.

evinsky
05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm closing this thread so please go to the Miller's Crossing thread so we can all see the discussion.
E.