PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting aperture on Sony NEX 18-200mm stock lens and on Nikon Lenses

Budgieboots
07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Hello,

I was just wondering how you control the aperture of lenses mounted onto the Sony FS100. Specifically, the stock 18-200mm lens and NIkon lenses mounted with an adapter.

Is it done by adjusting the dial on the side of the camera? Or do you have to manually adjust the aperture on the lenses?

Thanks.

morgan_moore
07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
kit lens on the side - its pretty slow - but no clicks

nikkors grab the lens

or if its a G do a stupid lil screw on the adapter

S

Budgieboots
07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
So if I were to use the Nikon lens, and adjust the aperture by handling the lens, would the camera display the changed aperture setting on the LCD screen?
Like would the number saying F 2.8 or whatever switch to 5.6 after adjusting the aperture via the lens?

jetswing
07-20-2011, 04:46 PM
So if I were to use the Nikon lens, and adjust the aperture by handling the lens, would the camera display the changed aperture setting on the LCD screen?
Like would the number saying F 2.8 or whatever switch to 5.6 after adjusting the aperture via the lens?
If you using anything other than a NEX or A mount lenses (with Sony adapter), there won't be any communications between the camera and lens. The camera won't know what aperture the lens is set at.

P. Harrill
07-20-2011, 05:47 PM
For the Nikons, if you have a Novoflex adapter, you can use it to change the aperture. This includes G lenses. There are no clicks. And for Nikons that do have a manual aperture, you can adjust as normal OR using the adapter. But, as the other posters have said, the camera will not display aperture information in LCD or in metadata.