PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to a Mac

gibby1
07-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Dumb question but it won't work. Plug in power, USB and power up camera. It goes to USB mode but then never mounts on my computer. It's a rental and I'm stuck. I'm obviously missing something....

gibby1
07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I think I got it. I took off the flash memory drive and plugged that in via USB and it mounted on my Mac. I'm copying those files over.

Kraut69
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
My FS100 always connects to the MAC when attached, it pops up on the desktop as an UNTITLED drive, and then I click on the touch pad on the FS100 to connect the memory card to the MAC. From the MAC, I copy and paste the PRIVATE folder onto the Mac and load the videos into CS5 from there using Adobe Bridge. I'm looking for a more direct path that allows me to choose which clips on the SD card I want to load. Right now everything in the private folder gets loaded. I haven't found an option to connect the FMU directly from the camera to the MAC. THinking the only way is to disconnect it from the camera and connect it to the MAC. I'm looking for better solutions for unloading the SD and the FMU.

gibby1
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
yeah disconnecting the flash drive and plugging it directly to my computer worked fine. For SD cards a simple reader works fine.

Kraut69
07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
You know when you connect the camera up, that you have to touch the SD icon on the LCD (touch screen) in order for the connection to go forward?