PDA

View Full Version : Great FS 100 skin tones.

Postmaster
07-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Some of the best skin tones I ever saw on a FS100.
Shot with the default (i.e. non) PP.

Jonas told me, that the professional make up helped a lot.

Frank

http://vimeo.com/groups/fs100/videos/26541188

]

yoclay
07-19-2011, 05:18 AM
Interesting. Skin tones look dark, yellow and powdery to me. To each his own I guess.

sinapps
07-19-2011, 05:29 AM
the subject matter needed way more contrast

Postmaster
07-19-2011, 05:47 AM
I think it has a very RED look sometimes.
Actually I like that kind of look - but as yoday says - to each his own

On the other hand, our differences in monitor calibration, may be bigger than the differences in certain picture profiles..

Frank

Matthew Bennett
07-19-2011, 06:24 AM
I thought they were lovely, yes, a bit of a yellow/green cast creeping in, but generally a nice rendition.

I myself shot a spattering of portrait work on the fs100 recently and I was very happy with the skin rendition. The biggest thing is that the sensor/image processor is actually sharp and not mushy, and you can actually see the damn texture of the skin! It's been so long since I've seen the actual texture of something on a low cost camera!!

stevedocmaker
07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
I thought they were lovely, yes, a bit of a yellow/green cast creeping in, but generally a nice rendition.

I myself shot a spattering of portrait work on the fs100 recently and I was very happy with the skin rendition. The biggest thing is that the sensor/image processor is actually sharp and not mushy, and you can actually see the damn texture of the skin! It's been so long since I've seen the actual texture of something on a low cost camera!!

Pump up the color depth values with cinetone1 gamma and you'll have skin texture to your hearts content. If you're looking for that "face with character" look, you can nail it. Definitely not for weddings!

speedracerlo
07-19-2011, 01:50 PM
looks a bit desaturated to judge skin tone, although I do like the look of the soft colors

nyvz
07-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah hard to judge from something so heavily color graded. Perhaps what you are seeing is from the heavy blue shadow hue adjustment which really makes skin tones pop. Others are probably seeing it as yellow because the shadow hue adjustment really brings out the yellow in the midtones.

Postmaster
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Like the skin tone on the dog :)