PDA

View Full Version : Kipon EOS to NEX

gilzoo
07-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Carrying this over from another thread:

I just got the EOS to NEX from Kipon. It's built pretty solid and actually mounts lenses right side up! It will vignette some lenses at some apertures. Haven't done a systematic test to see which focal lengths but it definitely vignetted on a Tamron 17-55 (which is an EF-S lens). Will probably leave it wide open and use a variable ND with that one. The Kipon instructions said they didn't support EF-S but my Tamron seemed to mount fine - a little tight but not a problem.

One strange issue - the Kipon aperture ring seems to be coated with some kind of grease/lube. Hope it's just a bit of excess grease from the factory. If those aperture blades inside of it are leaking then it's liable to screw up my lenses AND sensor. Anyone experience this with the Kipon?

Matthew Bennett
07-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Grease? Unsettling...

Cekko
07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Vignetting fol all my lenses over f4 on kipon.

ck chan
07-15-2011, 07:39 AM
i bought one from a local camera shop 2 weeks ago, tried it & returned it the next day for a refund. The vignetting is unacceptable.

allantab
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I bought the $80 Kipon EOS to NEX mount from VCC (Florida vendor) on ebay. Kipon has two adapters -- my adapter does not have the aperture blades. It is well built and I'd recommend it.