PDA

View Full Version : Random thought

alaskacameradude
07-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I was just thinking, 'I wonder if a third party could build in a ND filter wheel into a lens adaptor'? Just looking at the different lens adaptors, it looks like it might be possible. If so, I could see an enterprising third party making some money if they did it. Look at what people like me are willing to pay for a Heliopan filter!!

MadMonkFish
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Isn't Alister Chapman doing something like this with his NEX to Nikon adapter (he mentions it'll have behind the lens ND's)... and will be out in a month.

Maybe he'll utilise the design and modify it for others (like PL etc) if it's a success?

speedracerlo
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Funny cuz I almost posted this same exact topic just a few hours ago, but you beat me to it
I think if the ND filter is just slightly bigger than the sensor size and the adapter just increase in diameter to compensate for needed space, then there should be a way to flip these on and off.
If Alister Chapman makes that, I'd buy it immediately

alaskacameradude
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
I guess great minds think alike :beer:

Yeah if Alister makes something like that, I would buy it too....as would a lot of people I bet. I hadn't heard he was doing that though, but if so, that's awesome!