07-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Some stories don't have a hero.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/zazacast/PSYCHOPATHY_POSTER_7311.png

ZazaCast
07-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Reserved

ZazaCast
07-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Quick, last-minute entry....it's hard to pass these things up!
Shot in just under an hour with the HMC150.

- 5' Kessler Crane
- ZazaSlider (...of course)

Hope you all enjoy. :thumbsup:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/zazacast/mirror1.jpg

FYI... Shannon is also quite an accomplished poet! She has one book published and available on Amazon and is currently working on her second.
Please 'Like' her Facebook page & checkout her work.
http://www.facebook.com/LadyonaWire

"A Place with No Name" - Shannon Lynette
http://www.amazon.com/Place-No-Name-Shannon-Lynette/dp/0741415348/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1309784548&sr=8-1

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/zazacast/APlaceWithNoName.jpg

Chris Messineo
07-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Awesome! What a cool surprise. Way to get in on the fun.

ZazaCast
07-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Awesome! What a cool surprise. Way to get in on the fun.
Chris...you are my hero! (I'm following your lead on the BTS video) :beer:

Anthony Todaro
07-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Good things come in small packages. Looking very creepy.
Can't wait to see it!

ZazaCast
07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Good things come in small packages. Looking very creepy.
Can't wait to see it!

..that's what she said.

Anthony Todaro
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Walked right into that...

Hawk Teflon
07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Yyeeessss!!!!

stinkpot
07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
"One actress"... is a complete cast in my opinion. ;)

Great to see you're back in the fest! I wanted to be as well but couldn't get my shit together. Good luck and can't wait to check out your film.

Chris_Keaton
07-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Looking SWEEETTTT!!!!

ZazaCast
07-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Treated this as kind of a 48hr. fest.... shot and edited in 2 days....accept now I have a little time to tweak!
(which can be a good thing....or not :huh:)

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-04-2011, 12:40 PM
I knew it. :)

Looking forward to this one. Great script.

Hawk Teflon
07-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Can't wait to see yours, too, MAH!

ZazaCast
07-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I knew it. :)

Looking forward to this one. Great script.

:grin:

... You've read it? :huh: Hope I did it justice!

MrFluffy
07-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Love the BTS. Intrigued as to what the film will be.

taylormade
07-05-2011, 07:47 AM
This was an interesting script. Did you actually shoot in the parking lot during the day or wait until it got dark? When I read it, I saw it happening at night. Look forward to your take on the material.

ZazaCast
07-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Love the BTS. Intrigued as to what the film will be.

Thanks...hope you like it.

This was an interesting script. Did you actually shoot in the parking lot during the day or wait until it got dark? When I read it, I saw it happening at night. Look forward to your take on the material.
Damn... is there anyone who HASN'T read the script? LOL! It takes place in the evening, you're just seeing set-up in the BTS video...then there was the wait for the sun to go down.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Can't wait to see yours, too, MAH!
I'm out this Fest. Looking forward to watching and critiquing though. Good luck.

:grin:

... You've read it? :huh: Hope I did it justice!Me too. :D

taylormade
07-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks...hope you like it.

Damn... is there anyone who HASN'T read the script? LOL! It takes place in the evening, you're just seeing set-up in the BTS video...then there was the wait for the sun to go down.

That's what I figured.

Marlon Ladd
07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
YES, ZaZa!!!!!!!! Very nice!! And very sexy. Can't wait to see what you've done now.

ZazaCast
07-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks Marlon....

ZazaCast
07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Crunching away trying to keep this in the 100Mb limit.... :thumbsup:

Hawk Teflon
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
What NLE do you use? If FCS, I just use "File>Export>Using QT Conversion." Select "LAN / Intranet" Then change your dimensions back to whatever you're using in the size option. I just exported a demo of mine (5 and a half minutes), and it was under 60MB.

ZazaCast
07-05-2011, 06:03 PM
What NLE do you use? If FCS, I just use "File>Export>Using QT Conversion." Select "LAN / Intranet" Then change your dimensions back to whatever you're using in the size option. I just exported a demo of mine (5 and a half minutes), and it was under 60MB.

I use Vegas (I edit in native AVCHD)...no worries, I have it down...just like to get as much out of it as possible.

ZazaCast
07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Uploaded!

Marlon Ladd
07-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes!!!!!!

Jason Ramsey
07-07-2011, 03:23 AM
heh, heh.... 3 for 3 so far on the bts videos guys....

I know you want to get rid of them, but you are just making me want to keep them. They are fun, and insightful.... come on... you know you love them :evil:

ZazaCast
07-07-2011, 04:19 AM
heh, heh.... 3 for 3 so far on the bts videos guys....

I know you want to get rid of them, but you are just making me want to keep them. They are fun, and insightful.... come on... you know you love them :evil:

As long as I don't have to be IN them... and you keep it loose & free, I can live with that. :beer:

Jason Ramsey
07-07-2011, 04:21 AM
maybe next fest the requirement will be that you have to be in everyone's bts video :beer:

ZazaCast
07-07-2011, 04:54 AM
maybe next fest the requirement will be that you have to be in everyone's bts video :beer:

I think the mods should have to post videos of themselves...it's only fair!:thumbsup:

MrFluffy
07-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Maybe the mods should have a BTS on the running of the fest :)

ZazaCast
07-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Maybe the mods should have a BTS on the running of the fest :)
I think it would look a lot like your BTS....

MrFluffy
07-07-2011, 06:22 AM
I think it would look a lot like your BTS....
:)

Jason Ramsey
07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
yes. you already stole the narrative for the mod bts :)

Tim Joy
07-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Zaza you cheeky b-tard. :)

Why not the Af100?

ZazaCast
07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Zaza you cheeky b-tard. :)

Why not the Af100?

A few reasons:
1. This was a really last minute thing & a film that HAD to be made right away (you'll know why when you see it).
B. HMC150 has a really wide lens and easier to handle run & gun.
3. OIS was useful...

:thumbsup:

Matt Harris
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Can't wait to see this Zaza, you and Todaro make a great team.

ZazaCast
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Can't wait to see this Zaza, you and Todaro make a great team.
I don't know if that's a compliment...but I'll take it! :grin:

Matt Harris
07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
lol, it was a compliment.

Wilbur Eddings
07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
ooh! Looks very cool. I really like your poster!

Very Clever!

ZazaCast
07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
ooh! Looks very cool. I really like your poster!

Very Clever!

Thanks Wilbur... hope you enjoy the film.

Matt Harris
07-08-2011, 06:52 PM
just watched the BTS, holy crap i need a kessler crane asap! anyone in LA have one?

ZazaCast
07-08-2011, 06:59 PM
just watched the BTS, holy crap i need a kessler crane asap! anyone in LA have one?
Yeah, that's nice... but those boots! :evil:

Matt Harris
07-09-2011, 04:21 PM
You knocked this out the park dude, very very effective. I knew you and Todaero would be a good team!
Nice crane shot, nice music and sound design, really creepy. Good actress, good phone call effects. Well done sir.

Gord.T
07-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Ċreepy. Short but effective. Nice and tight. (Matt kind of stole my words.) Great job Joe, actress(Shannon) and story (Anthony).

Hawk Teflon
07-09-2011, 05:17 PM
SPOILER REVIEW:

This one makes me sad.

the good: Great story. I also liked your actress. She seemed pretty natural with a lot of those lines. "Women drivers," amirite?!

the not as good: This is just really depressing. I know that's not really a bad thing or whatever, but ... man. I think I need to go play with my daughter some. I'll finish these reviews later...

Marlon Ladd
07-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey, Za!! Very nice and creepy story. Very well done. I really like your execution and I thought the actress was great. Road rage - very funny. This was sad, but creepy and true especially with what's been going on with the news and CA.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I read this script and really wanted a shot at it but it was not to be.

Zaza, I think you pretty much nailed it. The actress was spot on. Dialogue and attitude throughout was just great. The whole thing had a gritty/real feeling to it.
I'm sure the content had a lot to do with that but it's also the way it was shot. Of course the closing scene was perfect.

You know how I feel about the subject matter and I think you captured it extremely well.
Pisses me off but that's the intention. Real life is depressing sometimes.

Excellent way to capture the theme of the Fest, guys. Kudos!

PS - The sound was pretty good too. :)

Great job.

taylormade
07-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Already been said Ė gritty, depressing, tight and to the point. Simple idea, simple script done well. Nice job by your actress Ė itís tough taking to no one and making it sound convincing.
Didnít care for the voice on the phone. Sounded fake, almost comical and didnít seem to have anything to do with what the woman was saying. It brought me out of the otherwise realistic scene.
Also didnít care for the child sound effects coming from the trunk. It sounded more like a doll than a person and also seemed repetitive as if looped.
Might have been more effective if sheíd parked outside a bar or a nightclub. It looked like she was going shopping at the mall.

MrFluffy
07-09-2011, 10:25 PM
That was well executed and did an excellent job of puting you there. I thought the light sweep over her legs was superfluous and didnt fit but that was the only part that didnt fit for me. Well done.

Matthew B
07-10-2011, 04:22 AM
My biggest issue with this was that it was too short. The light sweep over her leg was a little distracting. I liked the clever use of production design with the duct tape and pill bottle and thought the ironic line of her calling the other driver a psycho was funny (in hindsight). Your last fest entry was too long, this one was too short, therefore the next one should be just right.

Matt Harris
07-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I wish this was longer as well, i would have liked to see this gone a bit. But the whole point of it, as written by Todero, was to be a simple little one page ditty. And I like small short vignette's like this sometimes because it reminds us that short films can be... really short. And it got Zaza off his butt to make something, which is the most important thing.

ZazaCast
07-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I wish this was longer as well, i would have liked to see this gone a bit. But the whole point of it, as written by Todero, was to be a simple little one page ditty. And I like small short vignette's like this sometimes because it reminds us that short films can be... really short. And it got Zaza off his butt to make something, which is the most important thing.
Good point... a short can actually be short. If the story is there, it works.
...and this is my 9th fest entry, I think I've only missed one fest since TimeFest... I really don't spend much time on my butt! :grin:

ZazaCast
07-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the comments guys... this stuff is very helpful...keep it coming!
Note for those in other countries, this is a story that is based on a very current news story here in the US... a BIG one.

This is really a spoiler...are your sure you want to know?
O.K. then... if you're sure!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Anthony_trial

Matt Harris
07-10-2011, 04:40 PM
9th entry? damn dude you are an O.G.

Dustin R. Rogan
07-10-2011, 07:54 PM
o.O

Understanding the time crunch, I'll keep that in mind...

Liked the look, seemed natural and unforced (which I liked a lot) just too damn short Bub, she met someone at Wally world?

They weren't shooting one of those damn rap videos in the parking lot were they? I hope not...shhesh

Overall, no BS only wish it were longer (thats what she said)
Good job looked great visually

Rogan

Nemesis TS
07-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Short and sweet. Well acted well made short.

ZazaCast
07-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Liked the look, seemed natural and unforced (which I liked a lot) just too damn short Bub, she met someone at Wally world?

Overall, no BS only wish it were longer
Good job looked great visually

Rogan

:huh: Too short for what? Why would you want it longer... the story is completely told...start to finish... is there some kind of un-known rule about how short a short can be?
This is a visual definition of psychopathy.

Up here in the north country, we have bars & clubs that are in malls... a good psycho should always park away from other cars and it should be obvious why. :shocked:

Tim Joy
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
...Very interesting. Where did you get the idea?

ZazaCast
07-11-2011, 11:44 AM
...Very interesting. Where did you get the idea?
It was an Anthony Todaro script...and with current events & all... thought it might be fun to make.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
It was an Anthony Todaro script...and with current events & all... thought it might be fun to make. I still have a bunch to watch but I'm not sure why people are saying this is too short? I thought it was the perfect length for the story you were trying to tell. What more needs to be said?

Hawk Teflon
07-11-2011, 11:51 AM
You probably should have had about 3 and a half minutes of credits to make it longer.

I agree with MAH. The length was perfect. Adding more would have drug it out just to drag it out.

lawriejaffa
07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey there Zaza! Now your film actually split the ol' viewing party I sat and watched the entries with. Some of them turned to me with a kind of confused expression (like is this it?) however I actually thought it was fine! Perhaps the points and focus points of the narrative (and its curt arc) could have been made a little more obvious. It's really one of those films where familiarity with the title's word meaning makes it all a little more accessible.

I felt perhaps the cutting to the back seat of the car, and other areas went on a little too long (we sometimes lost the feeling of motion inside the car) but in all, a dark amusing little piece that might not set the world on fire but made me chuckle at the end muhahaha!

Chris Messineo
07-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I think this might be my favorite of your films.

I love the simplicity of it. It works for me because it it so short - a great dark and tight script from Anthony Todaro. I love all the subtext and the stuff left unexplained.

If I had one major complaint, it would be the child sounds at the end. They're not bad, but they just don't sound authentic and I think if they did this would really be chilling.

Still, this a great film and another of my favorites from the fest.

ZazaCast
07-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks again for all the comments. This is all really good stuff.

If I had one major complaint, it would be the child sounds at the end.
They're not bad, but they just don't sound authentic and I think if they did this would really be chilling.

...if you're implying that you know what a child sounds like crying in a locked car trunk.... then you're starting to scare me! :shocked: :)
(Shannon wouldn't let me shut her daughter in there to get authentic sound...go figure)

:beer:

Chris Messineo
07-12-2011, 05:34 AM
...if you're implying that you know what a child sounds like crying in a locked car trunk.... then you're starting to scare me! :shocked: :)
(Shannon wouldn't let me shut her daughter in there to get authentic sound...go figure)

The sad/scary/funny thing is, I've made my own daughter so many crazy things in films just so I could get a particular shot. I hope I haven't scarred her (too badly). :)

ZazaCast
07-12-2011, 05:38 AM
The sad/scary/funny thing is, I've made my own daughter so many crazy things in films just so I could get a particular shot. I hope I haven't scarred her (too badly). :)
...I've done the same! LMAO!!

Mobie540
07-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Very effective use of shots at the beginning. Really gave me a feel of 'oh, one of those moms'. Very here and know with what's going on in the news, not sure how I feel about it's appropriateness. (I still think Titanic was too soon, jk). Complete with duct tape.

I liked the crane and the push in at the end. Was that day for night in the parking lot or did you wait for dusk. I can't tell for sure, good job.

One nitpick, I think one of the close ups of the back seat...was the car still? Maybe a little bit of shake in post will sell those better.

Yes the acting was a little flat in areas but I think she did a good job. Overall it was very short and one note. Technically sound as far as cinematography, framing, lighting, etc. One final thought, do you think Xanax is the right medication here? Maybe instead an antidepressant that's empty...who knows, maybe I'm reaching.

Good job!

ZazaCast
07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Very effective use of shots at the beginning. Really gave me a feel of 'oh, one of those moms'. Very here and know with what's going on in the news, not sure how I feel about it's appropriateness. (I still think Titanic was too soon, jk). Complete with duct tape.
Yes... maybe....but that's what makes this so cool!

I liked the crane and the push in at the end. Was that day for night in the parking lot or did you wait for dusk. I can't tell for sure, good job.
Waited for the sun to...kind of go down...then tweaked a bit.

One nitpick, I think one of the close ups of the back seat...was the car still? Maybe a little bit of shake in post will sell those better.
All that was shot while the car was moving...or maybe at a stop light at the time? Hard to remember.

Yes the acting was a little flat in areas but I think she did a good job. Overall it was very short and one note. Technically sound as far as cinematography, framing, lighting, etc. One final thought, do you think Xanax is the right medication here? Maybe instead an antidepressant that's empty...who knows, maybe I'm reaching.
Good job!
Zanny the nanny...Xanax was the correct drug.

Mobie540
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh btw, I think you spelled Xanax versus Xanex wrong on the bottle.

I had to look up Zanny the Nanny. I get the reference now. Nice.

ZazaCast
07-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh btw, I think you spelled Xanax versus Xanex wrong on the bottle.

I had to look up Zanny the Nanny. I get the reference now. Nice.

Yes... wouldn't want a copyright infringment... those drug companies can be brutal! :beer:

Marlon Ladd
07-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey, for the record (not to knock anybody), I liked the light sweep of the legs. I thought it fit and was more of trying to show who she was and what she was about, which was dressing scantily clad and partying. Plus it was a cool shot.

Chris_Keaton
07-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I just watched this thanks to Zaza sending me a film of a size I could actually download.

There is nothing I can think of to add that would add anything to the story. It was pretty damned creepy. I also had no problem with the leg sweep because it did show the type of party girl she was. As a first time actress she did a really great job. Excellent!

ZazaCast
07-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey, for the record (not to knock anybody), I liked the light sweep of the legs. I thought it fit and was more of trying to show who she was and what she was about, which was dressing scantily clad and partying. Plus it was a cool shot.
Thanks Marlon...and it only took 10,000 takes to get it right! :evil:

I just watched this thanks to Zaza sending me a film of a size I could actually download.

There is nothing I can think of to add that would add anything to the story. It was pretty damned creepy. I also had no problem with the leg sweep because it did show the type of party girl she was. As a first time actress she did a really great job. Excellent!
Glad you liked it Chris, thanks for leaving a comment. :thumbsup:

MattinSTL
07-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Not bad! Short and sweet! (another of my possible suggestions for future fests, because I often find that the extra time wasn't necessary for many shorts)... I like that you pretty much got right to the point. I also appreciate the establishing shots to define who she is... AND it doesn't hurt that this short is really current (nothing more to say here or it's a spoiler).

My only criticism, at least on my macbook... is that it's dark... but the sound was nice and clear. In the parting shot... I had mixed feelings about the (audio) performance, but it was still adequate to give me chills.

I didn't want to read anything above my "review"... as suggested by another member in MAH's thread... but yeah, I was going to comment on the light sweep across the legs too... see last sentence of first paragraph. (that... bitch!)

Chris Lukeman
07-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Spot on delivery of the first line, it set the mood really well and I cannot stress enough how much it made me loath her character. I was actually hoping for a twist just so I could see something bad happen to her haha. Good build from there. Great job.

ZazaCast
07-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Not bad! Short and sweet! (another of my possible suggestions for future fests, because I often find that the extra time wasn't necessary for many shorts)... I like that you pretty much got right to the point. I also appreciate the establishing shots to define who she is... AND it doesn't hurt that this short is really current (nothing more to say here or it's a spoiler).

My only criticism, at least on my macbook... is that it's dark... but the sound was nice and clear. In the parting shot... I had mixed feelings about the (audio) performance, but it was still adequate to give me chills.

I didn't want to read anything above my "review"... as suggested by another member in MAH's thread... but yeah, I was going to comment on the light sweep across the legs too... see last sentence of first paragraph. (that... bitch!)
Thanks for watching Matt & commenting! I played with it a bit and tried to get it just right for a variety of monitors, sorry you found it dark (althought it was night)....but it was shot at night with mostly available light. I used a little LED light on the dash for a little fill. Dark subject too...

Spot on delivery of the first line, it set the mood really well and I cannot stress enough how much it made me loath her character. I was actually hoping for a twist just so I could see something bad happen to her haha. Good build from there. Great job.
This is the reaction I was looking for... thanks Chris!

ashpatel
07-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Nice poster. Was that all through the lens or was some photoshop blur involved?

ZazaCast
07-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice poster.
... I could say the same to you! :)

Charli
07-18-2011, 05:56 PM
You know you're my McDreamy, but...

Uh, uh. The girl talking on the phone, I know, I know, you're a one-man-band. I could feel that in this short-short. The blah-blah chatter on the other end of the phone reminded me of Charlie Brown how the grown-ups talk. Wasn't necessary. Also, you left a lot of clues, but it really didn't sink in as it should until the end.

The fake-crying wasn't that great. I also agree she could have gone to a night club, somewhere other than just a mall. Despite the subject matter, this fell short, not just time wise, but overall. Not your best work.

Sigh. You know that's hard for me to say, buddy.

ZazaCast
07-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the awesome review Charli... I just wish you were up on current events, then I feel you would have understood it.
Sometimes these things go over the heads of the viewer (as in this case). Reality will always be stranger then fiction.

Fake crying... didn't have the heart to make a child cry for a short film.
Night club... one of the largest dance clubs in this area is in that mall.
Short film... didn't know you had to fill time for no reason, it's a visual definition of psychopathy.

Sorry it fell short for you.:beer:

Rodney V. Smith
07-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Zaza! You get my first review so rejoice! Great little story you told there. It was complete from start to finish and very well told, so kudos to you and your actors. Nice use of Day-For-Night. It surprised me that it was so short, but I'm glad you cut it where you did: perfect length and with the perfect beat. Next time, don;t feel too bad about making a kid cry though: they'll stop eventually and you'll have a great recording! (I kid! I kid!) Great job man. Next time you gotta haul my ass outta Toronto to come shoot with you.

Charli
07-19-2011, 06:01 AM
The animation was short but it fulfilled the story itself. On this mall, how was I suppose to know there was a club here? Also, keeping up with current events does not make your story any better, just because it's based on one. Lighting was off. She had no one to act off of. It was a rush of a short. You took a tough subject matter to make the audience care for your short. That to me is a cheat. Sorry, no go here.

ZazaCast
07-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Zaza! You get my first review so rejoice! Great little story you told there. It was complete from start to finish and very well told, so kudos to you and your actors. Nice use of Day-For-Night. It surprised me that it was so short, but I'm glad you cut it where you did: perfect length and with the perfect beat. Next time, don;t feel too bad about making a kid cry though: they'll stop eventually and you'll have a great recording! (I kid! I kid!) Great job man. Next time you gotta haul my ass outta Toronto to come shoot with you.
Thanks Rodney for stopping by and commenting (rejoice, rejoice!)...and I would look forward to shooting with you in the future! :) :beer:

Sorry, no go here.
Rock on Charli...rock on. :thumbsup:

Chris_Keaton
07-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Charli is just never satisfied, poor girl. But I think this is great and probably one of your best DVX entries. I know that my acknowledgment of your greatness was all that you were ever dreaming of. :)

Dustin R. Rogan
07-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Charli is just never satisfied, poor girl. But I think this is great and probably one of your best DVX entries. I know that my acknowledgment of your greatness was all that you were ever dreaming of. :)

Yep i'd have to agree about Charli not being satisfied...least she went into detail with you Zaza...me she just said "at least you finished" so theres that lol

maybe more male a$$ would have made her like it...dunno

Good job sir as per usual

Rogan

Charli
07-19-2011, 08:33 AM
@ Chris - did you not read my reviews on the animation, the doll and the water's edge? I think that is an unfair poke at me personally, Chris. My reviews are unbiased. I happen to adore Joe here. He's one sweet dude. But unlike many here who are so happy to pat each other on the back and whisper things unsaid how they really feel, I don't go that route. If filmmakers were more willing to really state the "truth" about a project, maybe we would see better flicks after all of these years.

@ Rogan - I didn't go in detail with your flick because there wasn't much to say. It wasn't much of a story.

@ ZaZa - right on back at you

Hawk Teflon
07-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't go that route. If filmmakers were more willing to really state the "truth" about a project, maybe we would see better flicks after all of these years.

This. And thank you!

Chris_Keaton
07-19-2011, 10:10 AM
@ Chris - did you not read my reviews on the animation, the doll and the water's edge? I think that is an unfair poke at me personally, Chris. My reviews are unbiased. I happen to adore Joe here. He's one sweet dude. But unlike many here who are so happy to pat each other on the back and whisper things unsaid how they really feel, I don't go that route. If filmmakers were more willing to really state the "truth" about a project, maybe we would see better flicks after all of these years.

An oppinion by its nature is biased. You are not a special type of nuetral person. Your reviews are honest as you see them and I'm sure everyone appreciates that. I do think there is maybe a better way to express your oppinion, but to each their own. Seriously cheer up. :)

Charli
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
@ Chris - uh, you poked me "personally" stating I'm never satisfied. That's a personal poke, Chris that was unwarranted. Also, each person is allowed to review each film in their own opinion in their own way. Because I don't pat everyone on the back as you do (for the most part) does not mean I am erroneous in my method of reviewing. I don't sandwich a critique between two compliments. I just call it as I see it. I'm neither mean spirited nor in any way trying to pick favorites by people I like.

It's just straight to the point. I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to poke at me. I wouldn't be reviewing this fest had not a fellow member sought me out for an "honest" review. I totally forgot about it. So Chris, why don't you allow me to review in the manner in which I've always reviewed, which is by the way appreciated by some, but not by all. That's life. But who are you to tell me "how" to review a film? So please, why don't you chill.

@ZaZa - oh the kids are out to play. Sorry buddy, but I had to respond as you well know me. Miss talking to you. Hope all is well.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I almost posted something but I'll take it to PM instead.

Joe, some of the negative things in this thread have already been mentioned in other reviews, but sometimes it's in the delivery.
Blunt can be fine, sometimes it comes off as rude.

As for the length of this short, I don't think it would even be discussed if the crying, nightclub, etc... were all nailed down perfectly.
Great way to end it IMHO.

There are plenty of things in this entry that show how much you keep growing as a filmmaker.

Cheers,

Charli
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
All is well. Let's just move on now.

Chris_Keaton
07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
All is well. Let's just move on now.

Ouch! Peace. How can you say calm down and not have it taken the wrong way?

You are are still great Charli, keep smiling. :)

Charli
07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks, Chris. And my I just say your avatar gives me nightmares, seriously...

Dustin R. Rogan
07-19-2011, 01:08 PM
@ Rogan - I didn't go in detail with your flick because there wasn't much to say. It wasn't much of a story.

WOW! Thank you for watching?? err...

yeah...

keeping my mouth shut

Rogan

ps Zaza for president!

Chris_Keaton
07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Chris. And my I just say your avatar gives me nightmares, seriously...

Think you are scared, that squirrel was terrified. :)

pauly_the_hitman
07-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey Zaz glad to see you got one in. I was hoping for more but I got it as was. I didn't bother to read everyone Else's posts so whatever did they make a film. I'm just sayin. I am so looking forward to kicking your ass in the next fest if I can get my crap together. LOL

ZazaCast
07-21-2011, 09:14 AM
I am so looking forward to kicking your ass in the next fest if I can get my crap together. LOL
All you have to do to kick my ass is just enter a film...it's just that easy. :thumbsup:

Anthony Todaro
07-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all the crits reviews, opinions, hot air and love. All is much appreciated by me. Thanks for playing.

Scott F
08-24-2011, 08:55 PM
It's got moments of awesomeness. Nice job, guys.

No need for me to get in the details, the shortcomings have all been covered.

The girl's performance reminds me of a cable TV spot I shot years ago. A "non" actor delivered the same emotions & tone while driving and talking on a phone. Uncanny.