PDA

View Full Version : FS100 & Lens adapters

ROCKMORE
06-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm looking into an FS100, but don't want to return a a variable aperture kit lens like the 18-200. I have a 60D and Canon EOS lenses and plan add more L glass to my set. Can these be used on the FS100 with auto controls.
I also have a full set of Olympus OM manual lenses and a set of a combination of Zeiss and Schneider Arri standard mount lenses. Any adapter suggestions for the Arri Standard mount?

Alpern
06-27-2011, 12:13 AM
For EOS to E mount the best will be the birger mount (birger.com) the only problem is that it's not out yet. As for Arri Standard mount, I would get a to PL for them and use a Hot Rod Cameras PL to E mount (hotrodcameras.com/product/tuner-s/). I have the tuner-S Kit and its rock solid.

DOSMedia
06-27-2011, 04:49 AM
For the EOS lenses, I bought a Kipon, http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/kipon-eos-to-nex-adapter-with-built-in-aperture-control/

I cant find an ebay link at the moment, but mine has a built in aperture control and works good for me (absolutely zero play in it to). Spent about 110 on it.

alarch
07-05-2011, 05:03 AM
As anyone tried this one?
http://cgi.ebay.fr/Adjustable-aperture-Canon-EOS-Lens-to-SONY-NEX-Adapter-/110704010135?pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessorie s&hash=item19c6792397#ht_2176wt_1141

gilzoo
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Has anyone purchased the EOS to NEX adapter from Adorama?

http://www.adorama.com/CZEOSNEX.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_3726866

I bought one and have been pretty disappointed. A good bit of play both with the rotation and side to side movements. Also, it seems to be upside down as my lens presents itself with witness marks on the bottom rather than the top. Anyone else have this problem with other adapters?

imag
07-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Has anyone purchased the EOS to NEX adapter from Adorama?

http://www.adorama.com/CZEOSNEX.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=cj_3726866

I bought one and have been pretty disappointed. A good bit of play both with the rotation and side to side movements. Also, it seems to be upside down as my lens presents itself with witness marks on the bottom rather than the top. Anyone else have this problem with other adapters?

I did get the Adorama. It hasn't been a problem. It's not the best made device, but I'm getting no more slop than is already in the E-Mount design. It is a bit tight on the lenses, in fact, but it seems to be working.

Buying again, I would probably get the Kipon. I was hoping that the Birger would be out by now, so I wasn't planning on the adapter being used for more than a month or so.

cuervo
07-09-2011, 02:28 PM
After my near disaster with the $20 brand of dumb adapter(which some people don't care to admit to, thinking I was ignorant of how to mount it), I bought the Kipon adapter. This thing is built like a tank, close tolerances, no slop...very nicely made. Unfortunately, as you might expect, the aperture adjustment does nothing but vignette the image. No problem, tho'. I like this adapter at wide open. Just don't expect it to modulate the incoming light...no way...no how.

gilzoo
07-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Returned the Adorama and just got the EOS to NEX from Kipon. I agree - it's built pretty solid and actually mounts lenses right side up! And yes - it will vignette some lenses at some apertures. Haven't done a systematic test to see which focal lengths but it definitely vignetted on a Tamron 17-55 (which is an EF-S lens). Will probably leave it wide open and use a variable ND with that one. The Kipon instructions said they didn't support EF-S but my Tamron seemed to mount fine - a little tight but not a problem.

One strange issue - the Kipon aperture ring seems to be coated with some kind of grease/lube. Hope it's just a bit of excess grease from the factory. If those aperture blades inside of it are leaking then it's liable to screw up my lenses AND sensor. Anyone experience this with the Kipon?

After my near disaster with the $20 brand of dumb adapter(which some people don't care to admit to, thinking I was ignorant of how to mount it), I bought the Kipon adapter. This thing is built like a tank, close tolerances, no slop...very nicely made. Unfortunately, as you might expect, the aperture adjustment does nothing but vignette the image. No problem, tho'. I like this adapter at wide open. Just don't expect it to modulate the incoming light...no way...no how.