PDA

View Full Version : Importing an FS100 to Europe (Sweden)?

Gabel
06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Hello everybody!
I am really liking what I've seen with the FS100 and I'm thinking about getting one.
However an EU version would be worthless. I want 60FPS and most of all, I need 24FPS! Therefore, that means import for me. But problem is, I can't order it from BH for example! So I'm asking if anybody has any links to stores that would sell it to Sweden or if not, ideas for a solution?
I should add that my company is buying it, so taxes and VAT aren't a major issue for us anyway.

Gabel
07-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Well I know it's bad rap to bump your own threads... But this could interesting for other Europeans!
I called Sony themselves and asked what they could do. After more than a weeks waiting I got an answer, which was:
No.

Why Sony? Why do you have to limit the cameras for us in Europe and THEN make sure that we can't import them?
But again, if ANYBODY here knows a store that will sell to Sweden, please do contact me!

anatusa
07-07-2011, 04:58 AM
can u tell once more why u cant buy from BH? i also in eu and ordered many things from BH over the last 3 years

Postmaster
07-07-2011, 05:46 AM
But Sony does not allow to sell US cameras in other countries.

A real WTF?-.Duh!
The only thing you can do is getting a cheap flight to NY, and just buy one.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Philip Bloom (who's neighbor is a developer for the FS100) said there will be an firmware upgrade (late Summer), that enables at least 24p on European cameras.

So itīs wait and hope.

Frank

moldcad
07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
It would be nice to have 60p, not just 24p - this combination allows 2.5x slomo (as opposed to just 2x in the current 50Hz settings).

mandrean
07-08-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm from Sweden and I bought mine from B&H in NY. They don't ship outside the US though. Strict orders from Sony for every store in the US that sell the FS100. You have to buy it in store or ship it to someone you know in the US, or maybe use a freight-forwarding service.

It's absolutely perfect for web and film festivals with 24p and 60p. And almost half the price compared to Sweden (~$10,000 at home.) Watch out if you're shooting broadcast PAL TV stuff though, since it's NTSC only and can give flickery-footage on some PAL TV's. But I saw a Sony rep/boss/whatever in a random youtube interview saying that a future firmware upgrade could upgrade all FS100:s to both NTSC & PAL.

legrevedotcom
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm from Sweden and I bought mine from B&H in NY. They don't ship outside the US though. Strict orders from Sony for every store in the US that sell the FS100. You have to buy it in store or ship it to someone you know in the US, or maybe use a freight-forwarding service.It's absolutely perfect for web and film festivals with 24p and 60p. And almost half the price compared to Sweden (~$10,000 at home.) Watch out if you're shooting broadcast PAL TV stuff though, since it's NTSC only and can give flickery-footage on some PAL TV's. But I saw a Sony rep/boss/whatever in a random youtube interview saying that a future firmware upgrade could upgrade all FS100:s to both NTSC & PAL. www.shopusa.com....