PDA

View Full Version : How to make someone look albino and how to make realistic scars?

Jackson Miller
06-13-2011, 12:42 AM
So to make someone look albino, I guess I would just find someone who is blonde and as close to albino as possible, is that what you would do? How could I apply makeup in a believable way after that and what kind? What would I do with the hair?

And then scars, on the face, any tips on that? I don't want to overdo so I thought some sort of makeup might work. Will that hold up for closeups though?

Thanks.

David W. Jones
06-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Airbrush makeup, wig, contacts for a start. But honestly you have to ask yourself...
Do you want this to be believable?
Then hire a makeup artist.

Sad Max
06-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Seconded. Just out of curiosity, how is the character's albinism important to the story?

Gregg Juke
06-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Hiring a pro make-up artist is a great idea... I've done some theater work, and it's _amazing_ what a pro can do with some basic tools...

On the DIY tip, there was a kit I had when I was a kid. All kinds of molds and this latex goop stuff that you could use to make your own appliances, and it even had spirit gum to glue them on with... I wonder if such a thing is available nowadays, and if it would be available for a reasonable cost.

Try some costume/theater pro shops in your area, or talk to some folks that work with community theater. They might know where to shop for stuff, but they can probably put you in-touch with a good make-up artist too.

GJ

Gregg Juke
06-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Try this place:

http://www.mostlydead.com/

GJ

Michael Carter
06-17-2011, 11:59 AM
There are dozens of sites with tutorials, supply kits, etc - from simple collodion scars to casting a human head. Google is your friend.