PDA

View Full Version : FS100 with Canon Lenses

Hobbes00
06-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi guys, anyone has any experience/photos so far with the Sony FS100 & Canon lenses?

harrisoncj
06-12-2011, 01:57 PM
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff400/coryjharrison/Canon100mmWEB.jpg

Screen-grab from a quick test today w/ a canon fd mount 100mm macro. Shot at f4.

Quad][Light/JeremyHowell
06-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Both using a Canon FD 50mm lens @ 1.8

http://www.vimeo.com/25005287

David G. Smith
06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
So, let me ask. The Canon FD mount to Sony E mount adaptors are just mechanical adaptors and do NOT have any extra optical element, correct?

harrisoncj
06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
My fotodiox has no optical element, just a tube.

David G. Smith
06-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Ok, just making sure. I don't have any yet, but I am definitely going to pick up some FD lenses for my FS-100. They appear to be a very lost cost way to get great lenses.

Quad][Light/JeremyHowell
06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Ok, just making sure. I don't have any yet, but I am definitely going to pick up some FD lenses for my FS-100. They appear to be a very lost cost way to get great lenses.

This is the adapter im using for the Fs100
http://www.amazon.com/RainbowImaging-Canon-mount-Camera-Adapter/dp/B003XY6HYS/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1307927118&sr=8-15

ectobuilder
06-13-2011, 01:15 AM
So, let me ask. The Canon FD mount to Sony E mount adaptors are just mechanical adaptors and do NOT have any extra optical element, correct?

Correct I got the Bower FD to E-Mount Adapter. Just a dumb mechanical mount. It's tricky to put on though as they got some weird locking mechanism on the lens and then there is a locking mechanism on the adapter which works 50% of the time (I haven't tried every combination and permutation of lens to my adapter but it appears that not all FD lenses are made equal as some don't require the adapter to be in the lock position or vice versa).

Note that this adapter appears to be a general OEM version as the box it shipped with has the Kippon brand on it. I've also seen this adapter under different brand names.

jetswing
06-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Correct I got the Bower FD to E-Mount Adapter. Just a dumb mechanical mount. It's tricky to put on though as they got some weird locking mechanism on the lens and then there is a locking mechanism on the adapter which works 50% of the time (I haven't tried every combination and permutation of lens to my adapter but it appears that not all FD lenses are made equal as some don't require the adapter to be in the lock position or vice versa).

Note that this adapter appears to be a general OEM version as the box it shipped with has the Kippon brand on it. I've also seen this adapter under different brand names.

FYI. There are two types of FD mount locking mechanism: Breech (gray ring) and bayonet (all black). Same mount...just works a little different. With the breech lock style, you turn a ring to lock the lens in place instead of turning the lens body.

I was a looking into buying the Bower adapter but noticed it's rebranded Kippon as well. Got one on ebay for $60.