PDA

View Full Version : B&H Prepay customers--regarding Sony 12 month warranty

Kraut69
06-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I assume the Sony 12 month warranty starts with the date on the invoice, and since we prepaid B&H in full, sometimes a month (or more, I still haven't received mine) in advance of receiving the camera, we could get shortchanged on the 12 months of warranty, so you may want to take that up with B&H to make sure you don't get screwed.

jetswing
06-10-2011, 09:31 AM
The warranty should start when the camera ships. And for some manufactures, it starts when you receive the package.

ectobuilder
06-10-2011, 10:19 AM
I assume the Sony 12 month warranty starts with the date on the invoice, and since we prepaid B&H in full, sometimes a month (or more, I still haven't received mine) in advance of receiving the camera, we could get shortchanged on the 12 months of warranty, so you may want to take that up with B&H to make sure you don't get screwed.

Note that NO invoice was generated from B&H until your unit is shipped. Check your order history and you see NO downloadable invoice.

Mine shipped last week (arriving today) and the moment it shipped an invoice was generated with the date it was shipped.

Therefore I pre-ordered (in full) the NEXFS100 on May 3rd, but it shipped on June 3rd and my invoice has the shipped date on it.

So worst case scenario you're out 2 to 6 days due to the shipping time, not ~30 days.

Also you can reason with the manufacturer to start when the product was received (I've done this before as this is only fair). You can use your courier tracking info to do this.

jetswing
06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Mine shipped last week (arriving today) and the moment it shipped an invoice was generated with the date it was shipped.

Luck you! Did you get the lens kit? I've also ordered on the 3rd. I even woke up in the middle of the night to order it. Got the email notice for preorder at 5:05am, then ordered placed by 5:12am. Still not a word from them.

imag
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
B&H sucks hard. I can't even cancel my $%@#%@# order because I had to work at a client's all day on Friday, Monday and this morning, so I couldn't get them on the phone before they closed (2:00 PM on Friday!). I am even feeling like the reason they asked for the whole amount up front is that they knew they were going to get a delay from Sony.

Why has EC gotten two shipments without lenses, and B&H none? Why can't they spare a message for customers who prepaid for the entire camera when every other shop in the US has them? It makes no sense. I had about $10K worth of additional stuff I was going to order from B&H for a film, and now I am finding new sources because of this. F- them. Never again.

harrisoncj
06-11-2011, 04:21 PM
B&H sucks hard. I can't even cancel my $%@#%@# order because I had to work at a client's all day on Friday, Monday and this morning, so I couldn't get them on the phone before they closed (2:00 PM on Friday!). I am even feeling like the reason they asked for the whole amount up front is that they knew they were going to get a delay from Sony.

Why has EC gotten two shipments without lenses, and B&H none? Why can't they spare a message for customers who prepaid for the entire camera when every other shop in the US has them? It makes no sense. I had about $10K worth of additional stuff I was going to order from B&H for a film, and now I am finding new sources because of this. F- them. Never again.

+1 - I canceled my order from B&H, and took a walk to EC pro. Really glad I did.

olindacat
06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
+2 - EC has been very patient with this Hawaiian squirrel. B&H bites.

ectobuilder
06-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Luck you! Did you get the lens kit? I've also ordered on the 3rd. I even woke up in the middle of the night to order it. Got the email notice for preorder at 5:05am, then ordered placed by 5:12am. Still not a word from them.

Yes lens kit. I haven't heard anyone else getting it from BH though. You know what I think happened? Because I live in Canada and ordered it prior to Sony placing a shipping restriction to Canada, they probably wanted to get that off of their hands so they shipped it to me first? This is my hypothesis. It wasn't until I emailed them about it (the shipping restriction) that they promptly shipped it to me the day after.

Another hypothesis is that I bought the warranty. So if they didn't ship to me that would risk me cancelling the FS100 AND the warranty thus affecting SageMax's business as well.

Another hypothesis is that I ordered a bunch of crap from them after I ordered the FS100. Did that put me higher on the list? hmmm not sure.