PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous output - HDMI, Component AND AV-Output?

ectobuilder
06-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I was reading the manual and it was a bit confusing regarding the simultaneous output.

Therefore anyone who has this camcorder, does the HDMI, component and AV (Composite) output at the SAME time?

Postmaster
06-08-2011, 08:59 AM
That would solve a lot of my head aches.

jetswing
06-08-2011, 09:06 AM
That's what I've heard. For example, you can run the HDMI to the external recorder and the component to a field monitor. I don't know about composite out...

ectobuilder
06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
That's what I've heard. For example, you can run the HDMI to the external recorder and the component to a field monitor. I don't know about composite out...

The manual does say HDMI + Component is OK. But does not mention anything about the Composite.

My Steadicam Pilot uses Composite only for the monitor. And I still want to use the HDMI for an external recorder at the same time. Am I hooped?

cheezweezl
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Hmmmm... Haven't tried this. However, I know that on the ex1, if you were using the component and/or the sdi out, the composite was disabled. You have to set the output to SD to make the composite work. Dunno if they "fixed" this on the fs100

ectobuilder
06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Just got a Reply from Pro Sony:

"Yes, all outputs are active simultaneously."

Postmaster
06-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Here is from the manual:

Signals are output from the HDMI OUT and COMPONENT OUT jacks simultaneously.
In the case of the A/V connecting cable connection, signals are output from the VIDEO OUT
jack

• When 25p of frame rate is selected in [ REC FORMAT], progressive signals are converted to
interlace signals by the pull-down system to be output.
• During recording with [ REC FORMAT] set to [1080/50p PS], the camcorder does not output 720p
or 576p signals. Therefore, if [HDMI/COMPONENT] is set to [720p/576i] or [576p], the screen of the
connected device becomes blank, until you change the setting.
• If you display the edit screen while outputting signals to a TV or monitor, the menu may not be displayed
correctly.

ectobuilder
06-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Here is from the manual:

Meaning? I really hate the way they wrote all of that. Nothing still implies simultaneous output from all THREE outputs.

However Pro Sony did confirm that this works. I get my FS100 tomorrow so I will be confirming then.

jay_switzerland
09-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Just got a Reply from Pro Sony:

"Yes, all outputs are active simultaneously."

I just discovered that this is not true. I repeat: it is NOT working. As soon as I power up my HDMI monitor, the composite signal stops working! Component out and HDMI work simultaneously with no problems. But composite will stop working while HDMI or component signal is used, no matter which resolution is set. Composite is also not working when setting the video output for all outputs to 576i in the video out menu. Still the same problem: plugging in a component display, boom, composite out is not there anymore. Why, Sony???