PDA

View Full Version : Re: External Touch Screen?

ectobuilder
06-01-2011, 01:17 PM
If we hooked up an external LCD Touchscreen via HDMI to the FS100 could we use the touch capability?

i.e. such as the Lilliput 8" 869gl-80np/c/t Touch Screen

speedracerlo
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
i'd invest in a real monitor instead
wouldn't recommend a crappy monitor like that with this level of camera

ectobuilder
06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
i'd invest in a real monitor instead
wouldn't recommend a crappy monitor like that with this level of camera

But regardless, if we were to add a touchscreen (good or not) would the touch ability transfer over via HDMI?

maranfilms
06-01-2011, 01:59 PM
The lilliput is far from crappy, I used plenty of different types and brands of monitors, and to be honest I thought the lilliput was better than the ikan hd8000, or what ever it was called. Broke 2 within a month, never broke the lilliput. Im happily using the newest one now that is a bit brighter for shooting in sunlight. For a little over 200.00, it's a hell of a bargain.

Postmaster
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Touchscreen signals usually go over an additional USB cable - so I guess: NO.

Frank

nyvz
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Touchscreen signals usually go over an additional USB cable - so I guess: NO.

Frank

Agreed, that monitor definitely wont be touchscreen unless you hook it up to a computer with usb and proper drivers, plus touchscreen panels have poor contrast ratios due to the resistive film on top of the screen used to sense the touches.

ectobuilder
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM
The lilliput is far from crappy, I used plenty of different types and brands of monitors, and to be honest I thought the lilliput was better than the ikan hd8000, or what ever it was called. Broke 2 within a month, never broke the lilliput. Im happily using the newest one now that is a bit brighter for shooting in sunlight. For a little over 200.00, it's a hell of a bargain.

What type of batteries do the Lilliput LCD's use? Are there battery plates to use existing sony or canon batteries?