View Full Version : Help to find rotating plate support -rail- for

Tony Hernandez
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Does any one knows some kind of rail rod support thing like the one on the picture (middle left) that can be rotated ?

I'm thinking as for mount the cinemartin, just on the back of a camcorder, lets say above the rail, of any form that can be rotated (just like the mount for the vmount on the photo).


The recorder i have on my hands have 1/3 holes on top, i try using arms and its good but i think may be better to put on the back of the camera, cause also have holes on the bottom. I can mount over a tripod plate, but i want to know if its possible to be on the back of a camera.

Just like a tripod plate above a rail, but turned 90 degrees instead of horizontal, and if can be rotated best of the best, or some other kind of system like the pic. to allow the device be place above the rail and be rotated.

Can anyone give me some ideas, pls

05-31-2011, 06:48 PM
scroll down to the bottom on this page http://www.ulcs.com//cinema.html there's a 15mm rod adapter there that you could maybe combine with their arms.

Tony Hernandez
05-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi LowDown thanks, .. but
I don't want to use arms (i have a noga arms), what is need is something like the pic i draw attached



Light gray are the recorder, dark gray are the fs100 body only.
TO FIND: Yellow is like a horizontal rod, PLUS orange1 (circle with 1/3) and/or orange2 (rear plate) ..

Some kind of system to support the recorder on the back of the camera above rails, without arms

Any idea, any recommendation, pls helpppp

06-01-2011, 04:35 AM
did you look at the aja one for the kipromini?

Tony Hernandez
06-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Yes i saw, but it seems to have not rotation (i understand cause aja dont have monitor), also i think it have special holes for kipromini.

Look at my pic, orange circle with a 1/4, .. this simple piece, that can be rotated, is a piece like the ones founded on tipycal arms (just on the sides). On that piece the recorder itself or a plate with the recorder can be mounted on,. Problem is to find some kind of that piece, and/or some kind of system to mount on a rail ..

Maybe using some thing like:

34618 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/552599-REG/Cinevate_Inc_CI_RA_AS_000002_CI_RA_AS_000002_Unive rsal_Rails_Block.html)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/552599-REG/Cinevate_Inc_CI_RA_AS_000002_CI_RA_AS_000002_Unive rsal_Rails_Block.html

with maybe putting on the center some thing like this (manfrotto 492):


Has anyone try HalfInchRails: link1 (http://www.halfinchrails.com/hir/halfinchrails.asp?DID=&FID=1&KID=&PID=29&COD=&DRN=&ORN=&CST=&PIG=1&SID=&TAG=0&STC=&SES=) - link2 (http://www.halfinchrails.com/hir/hal...AG=0&STC=&SES=)

Any idea ? any thing that can be fitted on the center of the top pic, like the bottom piece ?

06-01-2011, 09:17 AM
might be better off with one of these http://www.manfrotto.us/product/8374.31708.76902.0.0/234/_/Monopod_Tilt_Top-Swivel_Tilt_Head-90%26%23176%3B rather than the ball head.

Tony Hernandez
06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
might be better off with one of these &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.manfrotto.us/product/8374.31708.76902.0.0/234/_/Monopod_Tilt_Top-Swivel_Tilt_Head-90%26%23176%3B&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;http://www.manfrotto.us/product/8374.31708.76902.0.0/234/_/Monopod_Tilt_Top-Swivel_Tilt_Head-90%26%23176%3B&lt;/a&gt; rather than the ball head.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>Ye seems good, but</p>
<p>Where to place that manfrotto ?</p>
<p>Is it possible to be placed on the item pictured at the image ?</p>

06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes, just put a 3/8 bolt (maybe with a washer) through the bottom of the 15mm rod adapter.

06-01-2011, 01:20 PM
something like this:

Tony Hernandez
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi LowDown, when i click the reduser link i see nothing ..

May that item you referr from manfrooto works with the mentioned (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/552599-REG/Cinevate_Inc_CI_RA_AS_000002_CI_RA_AS_000002_Unive rsal_Rails_Block.html)

I can't see nothing

06-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Here you go Tony - picture from the RedUser link



Tony Hernandez
06-02-2011, 04:55 AM
i don't see,
I'm the only one ?
Can save the pic. in your computer and post on the thread

06-02-2011, 08:14 AM


Tony Hernandez
06-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Now i can see..
But i see on a zacuto piece ..

Will that manfrotto -called Monopod Tilt Top-Swivel Tilt Head-90- be fit on the rail piece -Cinevate Inc CI-RA-AS-000002 Universal Rails Block- ??

So question now is .. what are the pieces i need to buy ? that cinevate and that manfrotto ?
i ask cause looking at the pic from reduser (last pic), i don't know if the two mentioned pieces will be the ones for make a solution

06-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I used the zacuto adapter because that was what I had on hand. The idea is still the same - a 15mm rod adapter and the manfrotto head. Any 15mm rod adapter should work as along as you can thread a 3/8 -16 bolt through it.