PDA

View Full Version : US MODEL: NEX-FS100 no longer able to ship outside of United States!!!

ectobuilder
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I see that here in Canada, retailers are receiving the NEX-FS100 for $1000 more than the US counterpart.

And as a result, Sony has placed a region restriction as to who can receive the US priced model.

As a result retailers like B&H can no longer ship the unit outside of the United States.

I hope this doesn't affect my shipment and warranty and whoever else abroad that could be affected.

Ironically the competing Panasonic AF100 has no restriction. What in the world is Sony doing. Typical Sony.

imag
05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
One of the many reasons I am embarrassed to be supporting Sony. The corporate side of the company really does suck.

If Panasonic made a camera with a chip like this, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'd actually pay $500 more just to avoid supporting Sony and their anti-customer behavior.

dop16mm
05-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Nothing can stop you from taking a weekend trip to New York. It does suck that they are enforcing region restricted shipping, but Sony's have always been significantly more expensive in Canada, nothing new there. There is no dealer competition and they always charge suggested retail. On a purchase that big I think I'd rather be able to get it fixed in Canada.

cgold
05-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Plus if you come to New York you can pay local sales tax which we desperately need right now, I'm tired of how poorly the G train runs late at night!

ectobuilder
05-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Nothing can stop you from taking a weekend trip to New York. It does suck that they are enforcing region restricted shipping, but Sony's have always been significantly more expensive in Canada, nothing new there. There is no dealer competition and they always charge suggested retail. On a purchase that big I think I'd rather be able to get it fixed in Canada.

The thing is, none of the retailers here in Canada provide extended warranties (that I know of anyways). I really like B&H's warranty as they cover Accidental Damage Handling and will write you a check for the original purchase amount (if they cannot fix or replace).

Here in Canada they write you a check for the depreciated amount and do not cover accidental damage.

vcfilms
05-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Brutal. I was actually looking into getting this from a US dealer and selling my AF-100 (which I ordered from a US dealer BTW). Now I think I will just stay with the AF-100. Just lost yourself a sale Sony

TheDingo
05-27-2011, 12:54 PM
The thing is, none of the retailers here in Canada provide extended warranties (that I know of anyways)

The DvShop.ca ( here in Toronto ) sells MACK extended warranties that are valid if purchased within 30 days of buying your camera.

Mack Extended Warranties (http://www.dvshop.ca/camera/warranty.html)