PDA

View Full Version : Re: NEX-FS100 SHIPPED!

ectobuilder
05-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey guys post your shipped (not received but shipped) unit here so we can get an idea of the availability of the NEX-FS100.

Here is the first one...

A customer by the name of Paul Antico has tweeted that his NEX-FS100 has shipped! He is getting it by next Tuesday or Friday.

Check out the post here:
http://notesonvideo.blogspot.com/2011/05/sony-nex-fs100-shipping.html

Here's the FS100's twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23fs100

You'll find his tweet there.

Rick Burnett
05-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I think he means this friday from how I read it :) Exciting to say the least, hopefully I will hear from Ablecine soon!

speedracerlo
05-25-2011, 01:43 PM
what!? I haven't gotten any word from B&H....

cheezweezl
05-25-2011, 01:46 PM
what!? I haven't gotten any word from B&H....

lol...

FelixGER
05-25-2011, 02:09 PM
http://sattlers.org/mickey/site/archive/2003/05/images/evil-agent-smith.jpg

ectobuilder
05-25-2011, 04:10 PM
I think he means this friday from how I read it :) Exciting to say the least, hopefully I will hear from Ablecine soon!

My bad you're right he means Friday of this week or Tues of next week.

ectobuilder
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
W. Ashley Maddox is the second person to indicated that hers has been shipped and will be received next week. My assumption is that she used the term "shipping" in place of "receive" as he said it is "shipping next week". However shipping is normally immediate when notified, so I think he has the two terms interchanged. lol.

Posted from here:
http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23fs100 (http://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23fs100)

HHL
05-25-2011, 04:58 PM
http://sattlers.org/mickey/site/arch...gent-smith.jpg (http://sattlers.org/mickey/site/archive/2003/05/images/evil-agent-smith.jpg)

Made me laugh out loud! :)

NeedCreative
05-26-2011, 04:47 AM

I am that Paul Antico. Rule Camera in Boston confirmed they were shipped from Sony earlier in the week and they anticipate having them tomorrow or Tues at the latest. Yay.

ectobuilder
05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
I am that Paul Antico. Rule Camera in Boston confirmed they were shipped from Sony earlier in the week and they anticipate having them tomorrow or Tues at the latest. Yay.

WOW. Happy for you for sure! Can't wait for my official shipped confirmation from B&H.

Just out of curiosity, how early did you reserve your unit? I placed my order on May 3rd at around 1pm PST.

Rick Burnett
05-26-2011, 09:59 AM

Congrats! Hopefully mine will be on the way next week :)

NeedCreative
05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
WOW. Happy for you for sure! Can't wait for my official shipped confirmation from B&H.

Just out of curiosity, how early did you reserve your unit? I placed my order on May 3rd at around 1pm PST.

I'll be happy when I have it :) Long holiday weekend complicates matters but at least I know it won't be long now if not tomorrow.

I ordered on Monday this week.

NeedCreative
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Congrats! Hopefully mine will be on the way next week :)

Congrats to you as well. Excited to get these in our hands so we can talk about experiences.

speedracerlo
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM

thanks for clearing that up
Sony is shipping them out from Japan right now to the distributors
Distributors will have it by tomorrow or Tuesday and start shipping them out afterwards

ah these last days of waiting are torturous

nyvz
05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
thanks for clearing that up
Sony is shipping them out from Japan right now to the distributors
Distributors will have it by tomorrow or Tuesday and start shipping them out afterwards

ah these last days of waiting are torturous

That's basically exactly what ZGC told me so I should have my fs100 in NYC by Tues or Wed!

David G. Smith
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I have been in contact with Abel Cine (NYC) and they said that Sony told them that they should expect them in, "...The first of June...". I tried to tell the person I was corresponding with that, "...The first of June..." was next week, but all I got back was a talking point answer about, "The situation in Japan". I let it slide and will contact them back next week. I am holding up hope for shipment in the next couple of weeks, but the anticipation is driving me nuts!

NeedCreative
05-27-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm thinking next week now as well. Nothing has arrived in Boston yet, and I can't get a bead on the tracking info. May be surprised but I doubt it at this point. Too bad, I wanted to use it this long weekend but I'll live :)

And the more info I get - it could be a week out now. Sony is being a bit cryptic... but either way it's within a week.

Postmaster
05-27-2011, 06:49 AM
My dealer says I can pick it up next week - so I can have my hands on it not later than next Friday.

Yeeehaaawww!

Frank

Rick Burnett
05-27-2011, 10:18 AM
David, keep us posted :). I have a preorder with Abelcine as well, but if you are already talking to them, no need for me to call!

ptaber
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM
FWIW, I ordered mine from ecprostore.com last week, it shipped today and FedEx tracking says it will be here tomorrow. (Not special -- ground shipping from NYC to Boston only takes a day.)

David G. Smith
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
David, keep us posted :). I have a preorder with Abelcine as well, but if you are already talking to them, no need for me to call!

I got a confirmation that mine shipped, from Sun Valley CA today via FedEx ground. They say it should be her on 06/08. That works out great for me as I am going to be gone from tomorrow to 6/07.

Rick Burnett
06-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Mine ships tomorrow and gets here Saturday! I REALLY wish Sony would put the user manual online!

LowDown
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Got mine yesterday from omegabroadcast in Austin. Shot a job with it today. Love this camera.
http://shanekelly.readyhosting.com/letus/fs100.JPG

Doctor Wu
06-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Looks like BH Photo was the wrong place to order from. They've had my $5000 for a month now and not a clue when you ask them for a status. Much better to go with the smaller shops 1. They don't take all your money up front and 2. Price will be the same.

There's nothing to be gained it seems like from going BH Photo for pre orders.

Cosimo Bullo
06-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to avoid B and H.

Camera looks amazing.

NeedCreative
06-03-2011, 03:13 AM
FWIW, I ordered mine from ecprostore.com last week, it shipped today and FedEx tracking says it will be here tomorrow. (Not special -- ground shipping from NYC to Boston only takes a day.)

Jealous. I ordered from Rule in Boston 2 weeks ago and their shipment isn't coming in until Monday. but they're a good outfit so I can wait. Besides in the meantime I can contemplate getting an F3 instead. :) No, not really. Ok maybe.

The Dane
06-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Hi.

Does any of you knows anything about delivery-time in EU?

Or has anyone in EU got there camera yet?

I have ordered mine a month ago in UK and haven’t heard anything from the supplier yet. For the last 2-3 weeks they have stated on there web-page that the camera is shipping in les than 7 days!!

Thanks
Brian
Denmark.

FelixGER
06-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Itīs available at a german retailer. Seems like itīs shipped worldwide

Jean-Philippe
06-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Here in Canada (soooooo far from the US!) there is not a single retailer that can give me any insight about when the camera will be available. I have one in pre-order.

vcfilms
06-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Here in Canada (soooooo far from the US!) there is not a single retailer that can give me any insight about when the camera will be available. I have one in pre-order.

Just like with the AF-100, we always get them later. That's why I bought the AF-100 in the US

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 07:43 AM

I believe it is Mid-Summer or late August for Canada.

The Dane
06-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Itīs available at a german retailer. Seems like itīs shipped worldwide

Thanks for the info.
Can you provide me with a link to the store?

Rick Burnett
06-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Woohoo, just paid the balance on my FS100 and it arrives tomorrow!

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 08:09 AM
woohoo, just paid the balance on my fs100 and it arrives tomorrow!

yay!! Congrats!

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Just checked my B&H order status and low and behold! SHIPPED! With tracking #!!!

Sony NEX-FS100 SUPER 35mm CAMCORDER w/LENS - SONEXFS100UK
Purolator Ground

Shipped

vcfilms
06-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Anyone know of anywhere that has them available or available in the next few weeks? Send me a PM. Thanks so much!

Jean-Philippe
06-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Could you please explain to me how did you managed to convince B&H to ship to you in Canada? They said to my that there is a SONY policy preventing them to ship outside the US.

hdpictures
06-03-2011, 09:46 AM
ectobuilder, who is lying, you or B&H?

Live chat with B&H at 1:30pm.

You have been connected to Chris H.
Chris H: Hello Scott. My name is Chris, and I will be glad to assist you.
Scott : Can you please tell me the status of this order. How many have you shipped and where am I in the delivery order?
Scott: Order # 10167*****
Chris H: checking
Scott: Thank you
Chris H: SONEXFS100U - will release sometime this month - the shipment has yet to arrive.
Scott: I think many buyers in my position are frustrated with B&H as you all require full down and have been the last to ship. Abel and others are supposedly already shipping. Can you explain this?
Chris H: one moment
Chris H: Abel may have only got there demos and sold them
Chris H: We also do offer full refunds on your purchase at any time.... but we typically have cameras to sell before most other companies
Scott: Yes, this is why I ordered from you
Scott: How many units will you receive and what is my pre-order location?
Chris H: We will possibly have better info on Monday but today I'm not able to get better info. Also we as a policy do not give out pre-order info or stock levels.
Chris H: But - contact us on Monday - at about 11pm EST we can offer better info possibly where you are in line as well.
Scott: ok, Thank you for your time.
Chris H: Thank You for selecting B&H as your Professional Source
Scott has left the session.

Rick Burnett
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
It's also possible that Chris is just giving you the information he has at the time. When I talked to Abelcine on the day my camera came in, they just didn't know if it was coming or not. They told me to try back at the end of the week and then, it arrived that day. To me, it did not sound like Abelcine was just selling their demo units because I know I was not at the top of the list, there were people ahead of me, as I asked. I think B&H probably just doesn't know OR they've not received enough to fulfill all orders. Every person that seems to contact B&H posts a different set of answers.

jetswing
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Anyone else get a shipment notice from B&H yet?

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 10:00 AM
ectobuilder, who is lying, you or B&H?

Live chat with B&H at 1:30pm.

You have been connected to Chris H.
Chris H: Hello Scott. My name is Chris, and I will be glad to assist you.
Scott : Can you please tell me the status of this order. How many have you shipped and where am I in the delivery order?
Scott: Order # 10167*****
Chris H: checking
Scott: Thank you
Chris H: SONEXFS100U - will release sometime this month - the shipment has yet to arrive.
Scott: I think many buyers in my position are frustrated with B&H as you all require full down and have been the last to ship. Abel and others are supposedly already shipping. Can you explain this?
Chris H: one moment
Chris H: Abel may have only got there demos and sold them
Chris H: We also do offer full refunds on your purchase at any time.... but we typically have cameras to sell before most other companies
Scott: Yes, this is why I ordered from you
Scott: How many units will you receive and what is my pre-order location?
Chris H: We will possibly have better info on Monday but today I'm not able to get better info. Also we as a policy do not give out pre-order info or stock levels.
Chris H: But - contact us on Monday - at about 11pm EST we can offer better info possibly where you are in line as well.
Scott: ok, Thank you for your time.
Chris H: Thank You for selecting B&H as your Professional Source
Scott has left the session.

Dude read my post again. I ordered the NEXFS100UK (lens kit), you ordered the body. Body and Lens Kit are separate SKU's. It could be the BH received more orders for the lens kit version and therefore placed more emphasis in ordering that first from the vendor.

I will be getting it in 6 business days so I will post video once I get it. They even gave me the tracking number from Purolator.

Keep in mind their Live Chat is really useless, they provide zero help, like when I was ordering the online calculator could not factor in duty correctly and they couldn't assist in solving the issue. I had to figure it out on my own by playing around with my shopping cart.

Put it this way, take a look what "Chris H" said "Chris H: Abel may have only got there demos and sold them". Ummm, last time I checked Abel said that their first 2 shipments was able to fullfill 75% of their pre-orders. So once again this shows how useless BH Live Chat is.

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Could you please explain to me how did you managed to convince B&H to ship to you in Canada? They said to my that there is a SONY policy preventing them to ship outside the US.

My order predated the shipping restriction (May 3rd @ 1pm PST). When I pre-ordered it, Sony had yet to apply any restriction to Canada, so I managed to avoid this. IF you email Sony they can confirm when they implemented their shipping restrictions, I think this was a mess up on their behalf and let it slip. Luckily I bought from BH because they were charging the full amount, had I gone with a deposit only transaction I would not have gotten it shipped. So I was lucky that way.

As a matter of fact when I asked BH to upgrade me to overnight shipping they said:

"Hello , my name is David L:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

After you placed your order, the manufacturer put a restriction on this item. The restriction is that it can be shipped only within the United Sates. If I change anything on this order, even to change it to overnight, the restriction will prevent us from sending it to you. As long as we leave it as is, we will send it to you, since you predated the restriction.

Our suggestion is that you leave it as is.

Please advise how we should proceed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

David L
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Customer Service Department
http://www.bhphotovideo.com "

Therefore I now have a Purolator tracking number and will be receiving it within 6 business days and I will post video of beautiful Vancouver when it arrives. Perhaps the first thing I will shoot is the Olympic Torch!

Jean, are you from Vancity as well?

DC EX1
06-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I just ordered my nex100 today from B&H, wondering if anyone has actually received their nex100 from B&H yet or have any info on possible release dates.... I figure it'll come within a month... for those of you who luckily have the nex100, how are you liking it thus far? Cheers!

Jean-Philippe
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Nope, I'm a little bit eastern, about 3000 km. Chicoutimi, Québec. So I might not be able to stop by your home to look at it in 6 business days.. ;-)

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I just ordered my nex100 today from B&H, wondering if anyone has actually received their nex100 from B&H yet or have any info on possible release dates.... I figure it'll come within a month... for those of you who luckily have the nex100, how are you liking it thus far? Cheers!

Depends on your SKU. Is it the U (body) or UK (lens kit) version? If Lens Kit, then yes it has shipped, and will be arriving in 6 business days.

DC EX1
06-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I bought just the body... maybe it was worth the extra $600 just to have the camera now huh? hah... I wonder why the kits are shipped first?

harrisoncj
06-16-2011, 10:56 PM
I got my fs100 from ec pro video. I canceled my order from b&h becuase I was worried it wouln't ship in time for a couple of projects. Everything else in my rig is from B&H - Just found out everything shipped today though! --- MTF PL mount adapter, zeiss cp.2 85mm, digioptical 18-50, Zacuto universal baseplate, Z-focus, micro-mattebox,+ some sachtler sticks. Lights> ARRI open face 1k, ARRI fresnel 650x2, ARRI fresnel 300..... I'm excited to start shooting! I'll post a pic up of the rig soon.

... i know the lights have nothing to do with the fs100... just wanted to gloat about my new babies..

tanega
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Mine shipped today Order Date 5-13 from B+H Kit...

cheezweezl
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
I got my fs100 from ec pro video. I canceled my order from b&h becuase I was worried it wouln't ship in time for a couple of projects. Everything else in my rig is from B&H - Just found out everything shipped today though! --- MTF PL mount adapter, zeiss cp.2 85mm, digioptical 18-50, Zacuto universal baseplate, Z-focus, micro-mattebox,+ some sachtler sticks. Lights> ARRI open face 1k, ARRI fresnel 650x2, ARRI fresnel 300..... I'm excited to start shooting! I'll post a pic up of the rig soon.

... i know the lights have nothing to do with the fs100... just wanted to gloat about my new babies..

better be prepared to find a way to shim your camera. the zacuto baseplate doesn't go high enough to marry your lenses to your mattebox correctly. after two weeks of gong back and forth with them, they finally changed the website today to indicate this. so far, no solution that i am happy with. it's either "buy this other zacuto thing" to go with the baseplate or use a bogen quick release to raise the camera up.

harrisoncj
06-17-2011, 02:33 PM
RedRock says that their mattebox has +/- 10mm height adjustment so I'm hoping I'll be okay.

cheezweezl
06-17-2011, 02:47 PM
The baseplate is just shy of 1/4" short. I don't know what that works out to in mm, but it sounds like it may work. Be advised though that this is merely a band aid on a bigger problem. There are other accessories that may cause conflicts. For instance, a lens support that doesn't adjust. Or if you use a big fat lens and it's rubbing on your follow focus base, etc. Lens center height is supposed to be exactly 85mm from rod center height. Most accessories are designed with this measurement in mind.

thxdave
06-17-2011, 10:06 PM
better be prepared to find a way to shim your camera. the zacuto baseplate doesn't go high enough to marry your lenses to your mattebox correctly. after two weeks of gong back and forth with them, they finally changed the website today to indicate this. so far, no solution that i am happy with. it's either "buy this other zacuto thing" to go with the baseplate or use a bogen quick release to raise the camera up.

I had this same email discussion with Jens. I told him they ought to at least put an asterisk next to the FS100's name because they were listing it as compatible with the Universal Baseplate. They ought to offer some longer metal parts to add more vertical movement.

Konstantinos
07-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Got mine yesterday from omegabroadcast in Austin. Shot a job with it today. Love this camera.
http://shanekelly.readyhosting.com/letus/fs100.JPG

Hello everyone,new here and this is my first post.

Which slider is that in the pic?