PDA

View Full Version : Lenses wit Optical image stabilisation and autofocus support

Eimulis
05-12-2011, 07:30 AM
I know only two lenses for FS100 with Optical image stabilisation and auto focus support:
Sony E 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS
Sony E 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

there is more?

nyvz
05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm pretty sure any sony alpha mount lens should work with these things if you use the sony alpha adapter. Don't quote me on that though.

This would mean there are a bunch of sigma and tamron lenses that have OIS should work among others.

brunerww
05-12-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure any sony alpha mount lens should work with these things if you use the sony alpha adapter. Don't quote me on that though.

This would mean there are a bunch of sigma and tamron lenses that have OIS should work among others.

With the Sony LA-E1 adapter ($148.50 at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Alpha-LAEA1-Mount-Adaptor/dp/B003QK1VK4?tag=battleforthew-20)), and A-mount lenses, you get auto-exposure plus limited autofocus. Image stabilization is available for A-mount lenses that have it built-in. There are challenges with getting third party lenses to autofocus.

Here is a review (http://fuzzcraft.com/Sony_LA-EA1.html) of the adapter that spells it out, using one of the small NEX cameras as a testbed. FS100/A-mount lens compatibility may be different.

Kraut69
05-12-2011, 02:48 PM
The reviews at amazon on the Sony LA-E1 adapter are not encouraging. 5 Seconds to get focus says one person, not acceptable for stills, definitely not for video, how can anyone advertise autofocus as a possibility for video using A-mount lenses?

eheath
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
The reviews at amazon on the Sony LA-E1 adapter are not encouraging. 5 Seconds to get focus says one person, not acceptable for stills, definitely not for video, how can anyone advertise autofocus as a possibility for video?

If you want auto focus for video, buy a video camera with a fixed lens.

nyvz
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
It is entirely possible that AF will be pretty useless on most lenses. Maybe it will be best on native e-mount lenses like the kit lens, but it also seems likely that for 35mm AF will be a whole different thing than small sensor cameras. I don't even trust AF on 1/3" cameras, I certainly wouldn't trust it with far less depth of field.

As for OS and electronic aperture control, sigma/tamron make plenty of good lenses with OS and sony/sigma/tamron/zeiss all have lenses that will work with the electronic aperture with that sony adapter.

anatusa
06-19-2011, 09:25 AM
my self i think video AF on dslr - is a very stupid idea from the begining , how it will choose or decide where to focus? only u can tell where u want it to focus. auto focus will works only on small sensor as there is simply EVERYTHING in focus, so i would say just forget it, u transfer to DSLR just 1 major reason in general - u want to play with focus, well maybe with low light as well - and there is no such thing as AF.......... the only thing i would want is IS/OIS .......