PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets - FS100 arrival

imag
04-11-2011, 07:55 AM
When will it get here?

Some sources said May
Zeiss lenses are coming in June
B&H says July

When, realistically, do people think we might be able to get them in our hands?

I ask because I have am starting to shoot a feature on July 11. If the FS doesn't come, I'm going to have to get something else, which will send me down a whole different path as far as lenses, etc.. And of course it would be *nice* if we could get it in May so we could actually figure out how to use it.

I keep hoping they will confirm a time at NAB, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. I'm sure the earthquake didn't help.

Moses Chisel
04-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Take two dice, each dot represents a month

then roll 'em, see what you get :)

Centro
04-11-2011, 08:28 AM
At the event in NYC they mentioned July

Duke M.
04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Or rent an F3.

nyvz
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Don't hold your breath... Sony said June-July, and that could just be when they start to become available to vendors. Who knows, but I wouldn't count on anything, especially after seeing how slow other similar products were rolled out by other companies (AF100 took over a month after "release" to get to a lot of early pre-orderers).

I like think there is always that chance they'll actually be available in May like originally projected, but I wouldn't bet any jobs or any money on it.

dsleep
04-11-2011, 10:50 PM
I am guessing September, at least for us up north. Sometimes things are a bit slower to come to Canada.

It seems like things are usually late and with the disaster in Japan, a lot of parts and products are slowed. I would LOVE for this to come out in may or june. If not, I will end up with the F3.

dcloud
04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
it was originally said to be on may BUT the tragic earthquake happened in japan so it was pushed to July
so far theres more aftershocks happening in japan. it could again be pushed if something bad happens.
Lets hope things get better there.

Lee Saxon
04-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Still no official statement from Sony?

Rick Burnett
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I've emailed them to find out more. I'll let you know what I find out.

brunerww
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I've emailed them to find out more. I'll let you know what I find out.

Here is what Andy Shipsides is saying on Twitter today (I also posted this on the FS100 links thread, but it seems to be appropriate in both places):

Sony news today the FS100 will be available at the end of May for $4,999 w/o lens and $5,599 with lens. Look for it @abelcine

John Caballero
05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Wow! That's good news! Great price. AbelCine, my favorite video camera store!

imag
05-02-2011, 07:48 AM
The price is right. Fingers crossed on the time. Thanks for updating!

DM_rider
05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Just got my pre order in with Abel Cine!

marlontorres
05-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Just called BH and they said they don't expect it before July :/

sean90291
05-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder what the release schedule might be for countries other than the U.S. For example it looks like F3's are still a "pre-order" camera in New Zealand, and yet they seem to be available for purchase in the U.S. now, aren't they?

AGMedia
05-08-2011, 02:42 AM
yet they seem to be available for purchase in the U.S. now, aren't they?

No. And to my knowledge no one has yet seen an actual production model. All the videos you're seeing from folks like Philip Bloom are pre-production models.

The major sellers in the US are now accepting "pre-orders."

I pulled the trigger on this one, and the major pro source in the US said probably July. Bloom reported this week August.

Beyond that, you're probably going to have the standard scenario where the initial shipment shows up in a limited number, and then it's back-ordered for another month or so, and then another limited shipment comes in, etc. In truth, FS100 cameras just sitting in boxes in stock probably won't happen until October.

Of course, all of the above is a guess -- but it's a guess based on experience.

ectobuilder
05-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Just called BH and they said they don't expect it before July :/

Got an email reply from BH:

"We are taking Pre-Orders now. This typically means that B&H will have Cameras shortly - Normally in 30 Days. Which is the Worldwide release date. (Sometime this month) "

That's right so end of May 2011, wooohooo!

nyvz
05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
No. And to my knowledge no one has yet seen an actual production model. All the videos you're seeing from folks like Philip Bloom are pre-production models.

He was talking about the F3

nyvz
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
By the way, I have an FS100 pre-order with ZGC and Christine from ZGC just notified me that they are on track to ship at the end of the month. They told me when I ordered a week or two ago that I was near the top of the pre-order list. All good news it seems. I'm just hoping the Birger EF mount and remote are available as soon as possible.

rgdfilms
05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Abel Cine let me know today that not only am I at the top of the list but that Sony assured them shipments by the end of the month! Awesome!

Rick Burnett
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Abel Cine let me know today that not only am I at the top of the list but that Sony assured them shipments by the end of the month! Awesome!

Nice! I am on their list as well. Which reminds me, time to buy a dumb mount for my EOS glass.

dsleep
05-12-2011, 10:51 PM
I am guessing September, at least for us up north. Sometimes things are a bit slower to come to Canada.

It seems like things are usually late and with the disaster in Japan, a lot of parts and products are slowed. I would LOVE for this to come out in may or june. If not, I will end up with the F3.

I'm happy to be wrong! I just got on the abelcine pre-order list today. I hope this means I will be in the initial batch. I actually stopped paying attention to the FS100 because I assumed it would be august or september.

olindacat
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I just ordered mine from B&H. Is Abel Cine better? I always get terrible service from B&H!

ectobuilder
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I just ordered mine from B&H. Is Abel Cine better? I always get terrible service from B&H!

Interesting, my guess is since BH charges the full amount they would get it first? AbelCine is simply taking deposits, meaning they would be using some kind of line of credit as opposed to remitting the entire amount sooner to the Vendor?

olindacat
05-19-2011, 09:49 PM
I called them 5X today and was put on hold and cut off 3X, given the run-around by a video guy who didn't even know what an FS100 was, and left a message for a supervisor my last try!

David G. Smith
05-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Interesting, my guess is since BH charges the full amount they would get it first? AbelCine is simply taking deposits, meaning they would be using some kind of line of credit as opposed to remitting the entire amount sooner to the Vendor?

I have my deposit in with Abel Cine (NYC). They have also told me that that expect to ship at the end of May.

cheezweezl
05-20-2011, 01:19 AM
my dealer confirmed yesterday that they are due to receive 10-20 units during the first week of june and that i am number 4 on the list. looking good...

Kraut69
05-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Can anyone speculate why B&H is pre-charging the full amount? Just to eliminate people who place orders in more than one place to get the earliest delivery and then cancel out on others who don't ship first? Have they done this before?

Duke M.
05-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Yes twice.

maranfilms
05-21-2011, 06:31 AM
BnH has great service when your in store. It's not always the best service when you call by phone. Although my experience hasn't been as bad as yours. I dont like that they charge for the camera in full. I like Abels policy better on preorders.

olindacat
05-21-2011, 12:42 PM
BnH has great service when your in store. It's not always the best service when you call by phone. Although my experience hasn't been as bad as yours. I don't like that they charge for the camera in full. I like Abels policy better on preorders.

Still can't get my status on any lists at B&H. This after two days of trying and two emails from them telling me they "can't call out on their phones". I replied to both emails and no response to those either. I go there 1-2x a year to get whatever I need as we have high shipping costs in Hawaii. I normally don't have these issues. But I can also remember when I switched to Nikon back in '07 and had done all kinds of research and a flew in only to have two reps look at me dumbfounded about the D2X, as though no one knew what they were doing. I just had the exact same exp with a video salesperson the other day. He didn't even know what an NEX FS100 was, let alone the stock status of the Ki Pro Mini!! Every time I'm about to drop $10K this happens. I've been a still guy until the past three years, so you Cine folks are big spenders and maybe that's why they're so nice to you ($10K is chicken feed.).... I take it Abel Cine is different. I don't like them having all my money and not even giving me a status. Lame IMHO.

Rick Burnett
05-21-2011, 01:02 PM
I've never pre-ordered with B+H before, but I have with Full Compass and now Ablecine with a high (to me) ticket item. Both Full Compass and Ablecine have been REALLY great to me so far.

speedracerlo
05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Abel Cine was normally catered to the much higher standards of the film industry before all this DSLR video revolution started and they are probably one of the most professional and knowledgeable sources to go to for buying professional film cameras.
When I was in film school back in 07-08, my school used to send me to Abel Cine in Burbank to learn about all the high end cameras during my Cinematography classes and then I ended up renting an Aaton Super 16mm film camera from them to shoot my Thesis for $25k total (film processing/coloring costs so much and I also had real guns etc).
I remember seeing the Phantom at work back in 08 and I was just blown away by that thing's demonstration.
I would have gone back to Abel Cine for the FS100, but california tax is just a bit too much for this camera and I need to save wherever I can so I ended up ordering from B&H, which is probably the least knowledgeable source for cameras, but it's still also one of the most realiable places to go to.

David G. Smith
05-21-2011, 01:21 PM
This is the first time I have ordered something from Abel Cine. I have usually bought through B&H, but that full price pre-order thing kind of rubs me the wrong way. I will still buy from them, but not on the FS100.

olindacat
05-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Abel Cine was normally catered to the much higher standards of the film industry before all this DSLR video revolution started and they are probably one of the most professional and knowledgeable sources to go to for buying professional film cameras.
When I was in film school back in 07-08, my school used to send me to Abel Cine in Burbank to learn about all the high end cameras during my Cinematography classes and then I ended up renting an Aaton Super 16mm film camera from them to shoot my Thesis for $25k total (film processing/coloring costs so much and I also had real guns etc).
I remember seeing the Phantom at work back in 08 and I was just blown away by that thing's demonstration.
I would have gone back to Abel Cine for the FS100, but california tax is just a bit too much for this camera and I need to save wherever I can so I ended up ordering from B&H, which is probably the least knowledgeable source for cameras, but it's still also one of the most realiable places to go to.

I am going there next month and will always buy from them, but it would be nice to talk with someone in the know before I make these big purchases. I think they sell so much, of so much, that they can't keep up with everything. That's not to say anyone was at all rude. I like B&H I just wish I had a better knack for asking the right questions, the right way....Maybe Abel Cine is simply more equipped to talk story with dummies like me ;-) David: irks me too!

Postmaster
05-21-2011, 04:56 PM
BPM website here in Germany says delivery in 6-10 days.

I wrote them a mail, cause it said the same thing on the TVLogic monitor and it took the 3 weeks.

Letīs see...

Frank

cheezweezl
05-21-2011, 08:44 PM
to anyone without a res or going thru bs with b&h:

ec pro video in new york has 10-20 units showing up in their first order and only 5 people with pre-orders. their deposit is only $250 and if you find one quicker, you can cancel and get your deposit back minus a $10 pain-in-the-butt fee (which is fair). they are offering free shipping as well. talk to lisa g. she tells me that they were one of the first dealers to order from sony so they should have cameras the same time everyone else does.

EC Junior
05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
to anyone without a res or going thru bs with b&h:

ec pro video in new york has 10-20 units showing up in their first order and only 5 people with pre-orders. their deposit is only $250 and if you find one quicker, you can cancel and get your deposit back minus a $10 pain-in-the-butt fee (which is fair). they are offering free shipping as well. talk to lisa g. she tells me that they were one of the first dealers to order from sony so they should have cameras the same time everyone else does.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the pre-ordering with us and the unsolicited advertisement here. The $10 fee cancellation fee only applies to credit card deposits (the credit card company charges us that fee). Deposit by cash or check, there will be no cancellation fee.

We still have room on our pre-order list. NEX-FS100 http://www.ecprovideo.com/nexfs100/

Curtis_Rhoads
05-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, I dunno where I'm at on the "list", but I placed my deposit with AbelCine in Burbank back on May 5, so hopefully I'll be one of the lucky few to get an FS100 in the first batch released.

Postmaster
05-24-2011, 01:06 AM
BMP says they can deliver in 2 weeks - so I pushed that "buy now" button.

Now letīs wait and see.

No delivery date for the BM Hyperdeck though. :-(

Frank

David G. Smith
05-24-2011, 01:29 AM
BMP says they can deliver in 2 weeks - so I pushed that "buy now" button.

Now letīs wait and see.

No delivery date for the BM Hyperdeck though. :-(

Frank

Abel Cine (NYC) says I am #23 on the pre-order list..., but you may get yours before I do Frank..... F**KER!!!!.... JUST SAYIN'!!!!

Postmaster
05-24-2011, 02:11 AM
....but you may get yours before I do Frank..... F**KER!!!!.... JUST SAYIN'!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Frank

ectobuilder
05-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Still can't get my status on any lists at B&H. This after two days of trying and two emails from them telling me they "can't call out on their phones". I replied to both emails and no response to those either. I go there 1-2x a year to get whatever I need as we have high shipping costs in Hawaii. I normally don't have these issues. But I can also remember when I switched to Nikon back in '07 and had done all kinds of research and a flew in only to have two reps look at me dumbfounded about the D2X, as though no one knew what they were doing. I just had the exact same exp with a video salesperson the other day. He didn't even know what an NEX FS100 was, let alone the stock status of the Ki Pro Mini!! Every time I'm about to drop $10K this happens. I've been a still guy until the past three years, so you Cine folks are big spenders and maybe that's why they're so nice to you ($10K is chicken feed.).... I take it Abel Cine is different. I don't like them having all my money and not even giving me a status. Lame IMHO.

When did you place your order?

ectobuilder
05-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I called them 5X today and was put on hold and cut off 3X, given the run-around by a video guy who didn't even know what an FS100 was, and left a message for a supervisor my last try!

Did you phone the store or their website's customer service line? Or are they both the same?

ectobuilder
05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Can anyone speculate why B&H is pre-charging the full amount? Just to eliminate people who place orders in more than one place to get the earliest delivery and then cancel out on others who don't ship first? Have they done this before?

Does this mean B&H are not confident that they will get it first?

NeedCreative
05-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Rule Camera in Boston tells me they expect 20 FS100 packages to be in this week. I put my order in. They're usually very reliable about these kinds of things and they do a lot of Sony business.

olindacat
05-24-2011, 01:17 PM
When did you place your order?
Last Wednesday.

Did you phone the store or their website's customer service line? Or are they both the same?
I called the 800-221-5743 number which was on my confirmation. I spoke to a guy in customer service who wasn't able to tell me anything. He transferred me to video. The guy in video didn't even know what an FS100 was and so I asked for a supervisor. I was cut off. I then called 212-239-7765 (I think a main number at the top of the email), got customer service again, asked for a supervisior, and got an operator, who put me on hold for so long I hung up. I then called the main number and asked for a salesperson I had gotten a previous order from in the past. He was on the phone so I left him a message. I then tried him back 2 more time and was told he could not call out or call me back. While all this was going on I was getting a stream of emails. I was trying to add to and modify my order and told them not to ship anything so I cold consolidate everything into one shipping package, as I live on Maui. They went ahead and charged me $91 to ship partial order. I still could not get an answer as to where I stood on any list or any kind of idea as to when they'd get shipment. I then called Lisa @ EP Pro Video and their price is same, but only require a $250 deposit, not the entire purchase price like B&H. She also told me I am #7, and that delivery is coming very soon. I gave her my card, and then canceled my B&H order.

Does this mean B&H are not confident that they will get it first?

I have no idea. I am still buying things from B&H, just not this cam.

speedracerlo
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I just want the damn camera, don't care where it comes from or who sells it
if B&H doesn't ship mine out with the first batch, I'll just cancel and order from a smaller retailer

EC Junior
05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
E.C. Professional Video, Inc.

http://www.ecprovideo.com/nexfs100/

We still have openings on our pre-order list for our first shipment.

Rick Burnett
05-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Anyone know when they will start shipping the memory module as well?

FelixGER
05-24-2011, 03:12 PM
You mean this 128 GB Flash thing?
Thatīs not new and should have been available for at least one year.

Rick Burnett
05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Well can you provide a link to where you've seen it for sale? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

FelixGER
05-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Iīm not familiar with the US market. In germany you can get it in many stores just like
http://www.fotomundus24.de/shop/-p-10104.html?cpc=idealo

imag
05-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Rick - it's the same HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory module I posted the other day. Here's BH's sale page: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672424-REG/Sony_HXR_FMU128_HXR_FMU128_Flash_Memory_Unit.html

At $700, it's a complete rip-off. I feel like Sony should be dropping the price at some point here. For the price of that memory module and a 5" monitor, I can just buy an Atomos Samurai and swap in $250 128 GB SSDs all day long.

Rick Burnett
05-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks imag, that's what I wanted to find. I don't know how I feel about the price, it will depend on the performance. At this point, weight matters to me so using the samurai in this context doesn't make sense for me, it's heavy (compared to this). I just really like the concept of dual record to SD and this thing. I am SURE I will order one.

I already own an external display, DP6, so the extra features of the Atmos in that regard don't interest me at this point (yet). But like I said, this thing weights 2 oz. That's REALLY nice.

imag
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
That makes sense. The portability issue is important, especially for this form factor. I'm just bummed that they haven't either dropped the price or upgraded the capacity to 256 GB.

Postmaster
05-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm just bummed that they haven't either dropped the price or upgraded the capacity to 256 GB.

That will happen a day after you bought one.

Frank

Rick Burnett
05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
It's also a specialty piece, and I doubt they sell a huge number, so I can see the price being higher. Of course, maybe if it were cheaper, they would sell more :) When I shoot on my AF100 for a whole day, I NEVER exceed 32GB of shooting, ever. Not that I am not trying, I love coverage. But with 128 GB, I am SO not worried. (And I normally work 15 hour days). I actually wish they had a 64Gb option personally.

ectobuilder
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
It's also a specialty piece, and I doubt they sell a huge number, so I can see the price being higher. Of course, maybe if it were cheaper, they would sell more :) When I shoot on my AF100 for a whole day, I NEVER exceed 32GB of shooting, ever. Not that I am not trying, I love coverage. But with 128 GB, I am SO not worried. (And I normally work 15 hour days). I actually wish they had a 64Gb option personally.

Keep in mind that no other camera at this price point can push 1080p to 60fps, so your 32GB historical maximum might be pushed up a bit if you so choose to shoot in 60p!

Rick Burnett
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Keep in mind that no other camera at this price point can push 1080p to 60fps, so your 32GB historical maximum might be pushed up a bit if you so choose to shoot in 60p!

Well my AF100 can shoot in 60p, without audio, and I use a 32GB card with it :) Of course, I am not a fan of 60p video myself for anything other than slow-mo shots. So I am not worried about that. Though I think it is really cool that the FS100 can actually record audio with 1080p. I also want to try the SD 120fps mode too. I can see myself dropping water into a cup to play it back :)

ectobuilder
05-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I emailed B&H today regarding my Sony NEX-FS100UK (lens kit) backorder... here is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised that your backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse by the end of May. As soon as we receive it from our vendor we will promptly ship it to you. Once shipped we will notify you via e-mail. I'm sorry for any delay and for any inconvenience"

speedracerlo
05-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Rick what camera can do 120 fps in SD? I've tried looking up the specs for the FS100, but I can't find any info on SD @ 120fps
that would be an awesome feature

Rick Burnett
05-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Philip Bloom had posted some video of a special burst type mode that the FS100 can do for some certain amount of time. I didn't look into it closer but I think it had a max shooting length as well. Also not sure of the resolution of what SD is (640x480?) but what he showed was VERY cool.

He talks about it here:

http://philipbloom.net/2011/04/26/fs100/

speedracerlo
05-25-2011, 03:00 PM
wow I didn't even know of such a feature!
I dont think Philip was showcasing the slowmotion too well with the ice and cucumbers though.
the image quality also didn't look so bad for "SD"

Rick Burnett
05-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I agree. Something I definitely want to play with, even at SD resolutions. I do a lot of compositing, so I could see having a lot of fun with that feature where I use it smaller in a larger composition.

olindacat
05-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Me too. Exp for golf!

ectobuilder
05-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Rick what camera can do 120 fps in SD? I've tried looking up the specs for the FS100, but I can't find any info on SD @ 120fps
that would be an awesome feature

All Camera RED's can do 120fps.

FYI: I think we should start a new thread for this topic.

speedracerlo
05-30-2011, 08:03 PM
It seems that the FS100 hasn't arrived anywhere yet and I noticed on B&H's website that they close early on Tuesday and they're closed on Wednesday and Thursday...
If the FS100 arrives to all the distributors during this break time for B&H, I'm gonna have to cancel my order witht hem.

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 08:57 AM
It seems that the FS100 hasn't arrived anywhere yet and I noticed on B&H's website that they close early on Tuesday and they're closed on Wednesday and Thursday...
If the FS100 arrives to all the distributors during this break time for B&H, I'm gonna have to cancel my order witht hem.

Here is B&H's reply:

"Unfortunately, we still have not received the outstanding portion of your order. We will contact our vendor for an update on its status. Please keep in mind that sometimes it can take a few days for the vendor to respond. As soon as we receive a response from them, we will forward the information to you via email. I'm sorry for the delay and for any inconvenience it has caused you. "

NeedCreative
05-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Well I finally have some concrete info instead of guesses. Rule tells me they have a number of FS100 packages in this first round coming date-certain next Monday 6/6 (a "100% certain[ty]" I was told). They have actual tracking numbers on the packages from Sony this time instead of promises. :) Barring natural disaster, I will be picking up the camera from them next Monday.

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 09:14 AM
well i finally have some concrete info instead of guesses. Rule tells me they have a number of fs100 packages in this first round coming date-certain next monday 6/6 (a "100% certain[ty]" i was told). They have actual tracking numbers on the packages from sony this time instead of promises. :) barring natural disaster, i will be picking up the camera from them next monday.

lol! Did they tell you how many units are arriving on the first batch?

NeedCreative
05-31-2011, 09:18 AM
haha I know, nothing is certain certain but at least they have tracking numbers and packages now. They're getting 10 in, I believe all spoken for. They ordered more.

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 10:10 AM
One of my contacts within Sony, Doug Bierschenk comments below:

"The tentative ship schedule was 1st half of 2011. This has been delayed due to the troubles in Japan. New tentative schedule has not been released yet."

So Sony has not set an official date, but retailers appear to be getting word from the shippers.

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Moshe Hofman from B&H (I think he is an actual higher up employee as he is not from the typical 'customer service rep' position) comments below:

"Please be advised that the SONY NEX-FS100 SUPER 35mm CAMCORDER w/LENS you have on backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse any day. As soon as we receive it from the vendor/manufacturer we will promptly ship it to you. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience."

NeedCreative
05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
One of my contacts within Sony, Doug Bierschenk comments below:

"The tentative ship schedule was 1st half of 2011. This has been delayed due to the troubles in Japan. New tentative schedule has not been released yet."

So Sony has not set an official date, but retailers appear to be getting word from the shippers.

Yep, FS100s are definitely coming to retailers now. It often seems one part of Sony doesn't know what the other is doing, much like most large entities.

Rick Burnett
05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Have not heard anything from Abelcine yet, will give them a call just to see.

Edit: They have not seen anything arrive yet, but they think they are getting a smaller shipment first, maybe 10 or so units. They were told end of May more than likely, but they said for me to call them by the end of the week to check with them again. They said that Sony told them they'd get a larger allotment before the end of June they hoped. So no idea yet really.

Kraut69
05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
I would hope stores that sell retail too while send all of their received units to people who have ordered online, instead of putting stock on their shelves. Is B&H good about this?

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I would hope stores that sell retail too while send all of their received units to people who have ordered online, instead of putting stock on their shelves. Is B&H good about this?

They said first come first serve.

That is why I went with B&H since they make you pay the FULL AMOUNT. Money talks in this business, I paid my bill 100% so I am expecting the same from B&H.

It's stores like AbelCine who only asks for deposits that I'm worried about as the guy walking through the front door can pay in full upfront.

So hopefully I'm good with B&H since I've already done my bit, they gotta do theirs.

Just wondering who else on this board went through B&H?

Rick Burnett
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
But don't forget, Ablecine is fully refundable as well. I could of easily just cancelled my order and went with someone else, as I did have an opportunity, but, I'd rather go through somewhere that is reputable that I have references on. Not that other places are not good, but customer service goes A LONG way with me.

rgdfilms
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
But don't forget, Ablecine is fully refundable as well. I could of easily just cancelled my order and went with someone else, as I did have an opportunity, but, I'd rather go through somewhere that is reputable that I have references on. Not that other places are not good, but customer service goes A LONG way with me.

Abel Cine in Burbank just called and said my FS100 was ready for pickup!

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Abel Cine in Burbank just called and said my FS100 was ready for pickup!

OMG!!!! GET OUT!!! REALLY????? I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CONGRATS!

Please post again once you've picked it up!

Meanwhile at B&H.... when asked about incoming quantities....

..."Unfortunately, we do not have access to these lists as only our Purchasing department has this information. We do not know how many are coming in as it is a new item being released in very limited quantity."

Aren't AbelCine and B&H in the same neighborhood????

imag
05-31-2011, 04:15 PM
I doubt BH will ship anything until they are done with their holiday on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they wanted cash deposits.

Also, BH is in NYC; he was referring to the Abel Burbank branch.

fdriscoll
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
OMG!!!! GET OUT!!! REALLY????? I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CONGRATS!

Please post again once you've picked it up!

Meanwhile at B&H.... when asked about incoming quantities....

..."Unfortunately, we do not have access to these lists as only our Purchasing department has this information. We do not know how many are coming in as it is a new item being released in very limited quantity."

Aren't AbelCine and B&H in the same neighborhood????

Sony ships from California so our Burbank office received our first shipment. The delivery was kind of late in the day so if you placed an order through our NY Office expect a call/email tomorrow. Our NY shipment is scheduled to arrive on 6/7/11. From the way it looks now we should be able to fulfill 75% of our FS100U pre order with these first 2 shipments.

Rick Burnett
05-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Nice! Yes, I ordered NYC. I have a shoot on the 12th so this might work out!! :)

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Nice! Yes, I ordered NYC. I have a shoot on the 12th so this might work out!! :)

I see what you mean by customer service. Perhaps I will be switching to AbelCine as well for ALL of my future purchases.

fdriscoll
05-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Yours is in the batch we received today. Expect a call/email from Krystal tomorrow.

Rick Burnett
05-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Yours is in the batch we received today. Expect a call/email from Krystal tomorrow.

Excellent! Just a question others might want to know as well, can we expedite shipping? (ie, overnight) with the extra cost incurred by us obviously.

David G. Smith
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
I have been in contact with Abel Cine NYC and they have expedited shipping available. You would have to foot the bill of course, but from the calculations that they sent to me, to ship to the Detroit area, there were pretty reasonable.

speedracerlo
05-31-2011, 05:30 PM
damn B&H with their frequent holidays, this is the last time I'm going to pre-order from them
had I known sooner about this holiday coinciding with the delivery of the FS100, I would definitely have gone elsewhere

fdriscoll
05-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Excellent! Just a question others might want to know as well, can we expedite shipping? (ie, overnight) with the extra cost incurred by us obviously.

You can. It would probably be around $100 to overnight it from LA to NC.

NeedCreative
05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I can wait for Monday no problem - I know it's coming from Rule and I know it's on the way. I am a tad jealous but I need to keep working on the Visualmakers doc and this will force me to. :) I am very happy that we know it's coming/here! Finally.

rgdfilms
05-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Batteries are charging!! 30 dB night test with a set of speeds tonight... Shooting Houston SummerFest with it this upcoming weekend. Hitting the ground running...

NeedCreative
05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Sweet! Looking forward to your thoughts.

thekreative
05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Why am I being told: End of summer from the Sony Pro shop in Vancouver?

Curtis_Rhoads
05-31-2011, 07:48 PM
So AbelCine Burbank has them in... I wonder how many they got in, and if they were body only models or kit models. According to Brittany @ the Burbank office, I'm #12 in line (ordered a kit model), but darn if she doesn't want to process the rest of my transaction. I've been trying for a week now to get her to run the balance through on my card they have on file.

Oh well, I guess I'll sit back and wait to see what happens. This is the first time I'm using AbelCine and so far I've not been impressed with them, but that's another story.

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Why am I being told: End of summer from the Sony Pro shop in Vancouver?

Hey I'm from Vancity too, Canada's release date is much much later.

You must have talked to Genesis Matrix or Cinequip White?

This is why I went through the States since they are much sooner. And I avoided lucking out (since I placed my pre-order very early on) as Sony recently placed an international shipping restriction meaning places like B&H no longer can ship to Canada.

ectobuilder
05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
So AbelCine Burbank has them in... I wonder how many they got in, and if they were body only models or kit models. According to Brittany @ the Burbank office, I'm #12 in line (ordered a kit model), but darn if she doesn't want to process the rest of my transaction. I've been trying for a week now to get her to run the balance through on my card they have on file.

Oh well, I guess I'll sit back and wait to see what happens. This is the first time I'm using AbelCine and so far I've not been impressed with them, but that's another story.

So you've literally walked through the door and asked to tender the remaining amount but they said "NO"?

Kraut69
05-31-2011, 09:26 PM
B&H is off next TUE, WED, THU, not this week!

speedracerlo
05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
B&H is off next TUE, WED, THU, not this week!

you're totally right! I feel like a fool for ranting about a wrong holiday date.. thanks for clearing that up

Kraut69
05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Probably would have been better if they were down this week instead of next , if the east coast is getting shipments next week.

ABarnwell
06-01-2011, 07:18 AM
There are both NEX-FS100U's and NEX-FS100UK's arriving Thursday at Omega Broadcast Group (www.omegabroadcast.com).

There are also some Ki Pro mini's available - great combo for anyone interested.

Allan Barnwell

imag
06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
you're totally right! I feel like a fool for ranting about a wrong holiday date.. thanks for clearing that up
I can't believe we missed that. I was staring right at the dates.

Hopefully they get them before the end of the week. Mine will have to come right back across the country.

Gan Eden Australia
06-01-2011, 08:43 AM
damn B&H with their frequent holidays, this is the last time I'm going to pre-order from them
had I known sooner about this holiday coinciding with the delivery of the FS100, I would definitely have gone elsewhere

What, like how we have to put up with christmas and easter? Damn those holidays.

Shalom.

imag
06-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Shavuot is a little smaller deal than Christmas and Easter. It is more akin to closing the business on Michaelmas or Ash Wednesday, which few Christians do.

For the record, I am not religious and my wife's family is Jewish.

nsoltz
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
No. Shavuot is a big deal. One of the big 3, along with Passover and Sukkot. They close on a few minor holidays, but would keep the web commerce open those days since there would be no restrictions regarding work or commerce.

And for the record I am religious.

Gan Eden Australia
06-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Christians should also be aware that 'Christ' also kept the Jewish Feasts yet I always wonder why His followers found excuse to "do away with them".......

imag
06-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Allright, I shouldn't have even brought it up. I thought that Yom Kippur got a place in there somewhere.

As far as Christ keeping the feasts and Christians not - you got me. None of the rationalizations make any sense to me. But the last time I went to the temple, they read about stoning people like me, so I try to stay away from all of it.

Anyway, I'll now leave the thread to its regularly scheduled camera anticipation.

David G. Smith
06-01-2011, 09:55 AM
I just got off the phone with Abel Cine NYC. My pre-order FS-100 is in LA and will be shipped to me tomorrow or Friday. I am kind of bummed that I am going to be gone until the middle of next week and just went with the standard ground shipping. I can't wait.

ectobuilder
06-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I just got off the phone with Abel Cine NYC. My pre-order FS-100 is in LA and will be shipped to me tomorrow or Friday. I am kind of bummed that I am going to be gone until the middle of next week and just went with the standard ground shipping. I can't wait.

Does that mean it will leave their LA warehouse by tomorrow or Friday? Or it will get to you by then?

David G. Smith
06-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Does that mean it will leave their LA warehouse by tomorrow or Friday? Or it will get to you by then?

It will leave the LA warehouse tomorrow or Friday. It will be shipped via FedEx ground and will arrive to me, in Metro Detroit, near the end of next week.

J Davis
06-01-2011, 10:17 AM
yo David, if you are away watch out for fedex leaving your sh*t at the door without signature. I would hate to read a sad story here.

David G. Smith
06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
yo David, if you are away watch out for fedex leaving your sh*t at the door without signature. I would hate to read a sad story here.

Dude, don't even joke about that!!! I just broke into a cold sweat! I will be back in the middle of the week so I should be here for it.

Hidef1080
06-01-2011, 10:57 AM

OH MAN!!!!

When I got my EX1 it was shipped via UPS and I'm standing in my driveway and the UPS guy goes next door with it!!!

I said "Is that for _______?"
And he looks at label on the box and says "Sorry. I'm so use to packages going here...."

No joke.
It really happened.

ABarnwell
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
There are both NEX-FS100U's and NEX-FS100UK's arriving Thursday at Omega Broadcast Group (www.omegabroadcast.com).

There are also some Ki Pro mini's available - great combo for anyone interested.

Allan Barnwell

CORRECTION: Fedex shows these are out for delivery TODAY. Omega can ship out today if you need it overnight for tomorrow.

imag
06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
That means they made it to Texas. Hopefully they get to NYC today as well.

nyvz
06-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Hmm ZGC is now telling me they won't receive their cameras until next Monday, so I will have mine on Tuesday. I guess I can wait.

Postmaster
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
LOL, I dont remember folks here being so on pins and needles, like with the arrival of the FS100.

I mean, yeah, everybody was hot on the DVX, HVX, AF100 andwhatnot, but this is more like when we where kids on the night before Christmas.
I called my dealer twice today and checked his website every 10 minutes - is that still sane?

Exciting times for cam-a-holics like us.

best, Frank

ectobuilder
06-01-2011, 12:40 PM
LOL, I dont remember folks here being so on pins and needles, like with the arrival of the FS100.

I mean, yeah, everybody was hot on the DVX, HVX, AF100 andwhatnot, but this is more like when we where kids on the night before Christmas.
I called my dealer twice today and checked his website every 10 minutes - is that still sane?

Exciting times for cam-a-holics like us.

best, Frank

Must be the awesome kick-ass low light ability of this cam, just rocks. A boon for retailers and videoholics alike.

ectobuilder
06-01-2011, 12:43 PM
CORRECTION: Fedex shows these are out for delivery TODAY. Omega can ship out today if you need it overnight for tomorrow.

Available quantity? And how much to ship to Vancouver, Canada? (lens kit or body)

Curtis_Rhoads
06-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Just wanted to update... Got in touch with Brittany @ AbelCine in Burbank this morning, and got my payment taken care of. Was told that my camera should ship next week when they get another shipment of FS100's in. Apparently most of the first order was body only. After talking to Brittany, everything made sense as to the apparent run around I was getting. My faith has been restored in AbelCine.

EC Junior
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Finally got tracking #s from Sony.

Our first batch came in today with lens package.
We are getting our first batch of NEXFS100U without lens on 6/3 or 6/6 depending on Fedex. (All reserved from deposits)

Our second Batch will be here on 6/9-6/10 (still available for pre-orders).

Accepting orders: NEX-FS100U/NEXFS100UK (http://www.ecprovideo.com/nexfs100/)

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/style_dvxuser_vb4/misc/pencil.pnghttp://www.dvxuser.com/V6/images/style_dvxuser_vb4/misc/pencil.png

Rick Burnett
06-01-2011, 03:18 PM
My camera ships friday! Would have shipped today if I realized my credit card had expired! Haha, after a quick call to the bank, overnighting a new card! Whew! In time for a shoot on Sunday!!!!

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
B&H reminds me of the slow white elephant corporation who relies on exclusive kits/bundles and a vast selection to drive sales. But lack the intimate customer service people look for. Where are your FS100's B&H?

AbelCine NY already has it in their showroom:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23fs100

Stephen Mick
06-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I've got one sitting on the table next to me as I write this. :D

NeedCreative
06-02-2011, 10:52 AM
It seems everyone's getting them but Boston. I don't wait to wait until Monday lol

speedracerlo
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
WTF is up with B&H, I've never had a problem with them before
but this is seriously the last time I order anything important from them

maranfilms
06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
WTF is up with B&H, I've never had a problem with them before
but this is seriously the last time I order anything important from them

Seems a lot of people feeling this way lately. From what I read here, Abel seems to be taking a lot of customers from BNH. I can tell you as a business owner, there's nothing better than good customer support. it sells more product than great prices. People will pay more if they know their getting great customer support.
And more importantly HONSETY.

Kraut69
06-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I made my first official inquiry to B&H this afternoon, regarding the order I placed for the FS-100 without lens, ordered on the first day they were officially accepting orders on-line (maybe May 2 or 3). I got an email reply by the end of today saying they plan to ship in 1 to 2 weeks.

David G. Smith
06-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I got word today that Abel Cine has shipped mine. It will be in on 6/08. That will work out perfect for me. I can't wait!

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I made my first official inquiry to B&H this afternoon, regarding the order I placed for the FS-100 without lens, ordered on the first day they were officially accepting orders on-line (maybe May 2 or 3). I got an email reply by the end of today saying they plan to ship in 1 to 2 weeks.

Who responded to you? Was it the actual buyer/inventory analyst? Or was it their heavily scripted Customer Service Rep?

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 07:32 PM
It seems everyone's getting them but Boston. I don't wait to wait until Monday lol

Hey Paul,

Saw your Tweet. Do you work for Rule Boston? Or were you gonna hold the FS100 for people wanting one come Monday? Might have to fly into Boston to pick one up if B&H is gonna take 2 weeks to ship! LOL

Kraut69
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Sounded like a regular customer service rep (responded 3 hours ago): Dov H
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Sounded like a regular customer service rep (responded 3 hours ago): Dov H
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio

I'd get them to confirm a tracking number from their vendor. Don't have to know the exact number, just that they have one.

cheezweezl
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
anybody still waiting on b&h or stuck with no camera, i just cancelled my reservation at ec pro in nyc. i'm not sure if they already sold it to someone else but they get their shipment tomorrow. talk to lisa G.

second, my guy at abel cinetech in burbank just emailed right now to say my fs100 is ready to be picked up. i had a no-deposit reservation with them. i haven't emailed him back to say that i already scored one. so anybody who wants one from abel right now, PM me and i can set you up with my reservation as "my partner" or whatever. you handle payment and it's in your name. merry christmas.

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM

THIS JUST IN...... I logged onto B&H and....

"
Sony NEX-FS100 SUPER 35mm CAMCORDER w/LENS - SONEXFS100UK
Purolator Ground

In stock, order sent to warehouse
"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI: I placed my order on May 3rd.

speedracerlo
06-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I didn't see that on B&H.. my status still shows backordered
is it time to cancel...

NeedCreative
06-02-2011, 08:01 PM
If you are all still looking, Rule Boston Camera (www.rule.com) has them coming in Monday (tracking numbers confirmed) and not all are spoken for. This means you can get one shipped to you Monday or Tuesday if you really want it. There is one with lens and the rest are without lens and they told me it's first come first serve if you call them up. The price is the same as everyone else's as Sony locked the price down.

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I didn't see that on B&H.. my status still shows backordered
is it time to cancel...

Did you order the lens kit or body only?

speedracerlo
06-02-2011, 08:10 PM
just the body

David G. Smith
06-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I sent the URL to this thread to my sales contact at Abel Cine. Somebody dealing with B&H might want to do the same, or send it to a decision maker there. They may want to know what is being said about their service.

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 08:34 PM
just the body

OK that explains it, I believe they have the Lens Kit in only, perhaps Monday for the Body version?

ectobuilder
06-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I sent the URL to this thread to my sales contact at Abel Cine. Somebody dealing with B&H might want to do the same, or send it to a decision maker there. They may want to know what is being said about their service.

Used to work for a chain retailer and I can definitely say that the buyers there neglect such threads like this unless it is a niche business that is closer to the grassroots of their business.

David G. Smith
06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Used to work for a chain retailer and I can definitely say that the buyers there neglect such threads like this unless it is a niche business that is closer to the grassroots of their business.

Yeah, that is what I would guess would be their response, but is might be worthwhile. "I do believe in fairies, I do, I do... Clap your hands!"

EC Junior
06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes we still have a few NEXFS100U (just body kit) in-stock today and more coming in on Tuesday, June 07.

http://www.ecprovideo.com/nexfs100/

speedracerlo
06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I called B&H to see when they were expecting the Body only units and someone told me two weeks from now...
just cancelled my order from B&H out of frustration
what a waste of precious frickin time

Rick Burnett
06-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I called B&H to see when they were expecting the Body only units and someone told me two weeks from now...
just cancelled my order from B&H out of frustration
what a waste of precious frickin time

Sounds like you can order with EC Professional if you hurry. However, to be fair, if Sony doesn't tell B&H anything, what can they do? They are under the whim of Sony.

cheezweezl
06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
However, to be fair, if Sony doesn't tell B&H anything, what can they do? They are under the whim of Sony.

i call shenanigans. every dealer i have dealt with is getting fedex tracking numbers from sony. i know this first hand. i was even given the tracking numbers by EC Pro and Omega to see for myself. B&H is horrible at the customer service game. one (small) step up from the Jersey bait and switch places based on my experience.

ectobuilder
06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
i call shenanigans. every dealer i have dealt with is getting fedex tracking numbers from sony. i know this first hand. i was even given the tracking numbers by EC Pro and Omega to see for myself. B&H is horrible at the customer service game. one (small) step up from the Jersey bait and switch places based on my experience.

Maybe B&H uses the cheaper USPS service that doesn't give tracking numbers?

cheezweezl
06-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Maybe B&H uses the cheaper USPS service that doesn't give tracking numbers?

that wouldn't surprise me. although i think it would be dumb as they don't provide any guarantee or solid insurance either. fedex ground is actually cheaper than usps and provides solid tracking.

Rick Burnett
06-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Like I said, AbelCine told me they were not sure when it was arriving, or, how many were in the shipment, yet it did come in that day and I had it shipped to me two days later. Maybe not everyone is using the same shipping methods? I have no clue. I don't see how it is in ANY WAY like ANY sort of bait and switch situation. No one makes you pre-order with them, there were plenty of other choices. I specifically chose not to pre-order because of the paying the entire balance off beforehand, that said, you can always cancel with no penalty. I've spent LOTS of money at B&H over the years and will continue to do so for stuff in stock. Never had a problem. But with new technology, I'm sorry but being as they are on the east coast, it takes longer. My camera was shipped to LA. I'd imagine that Sony probably used some sort of ground service after it gets into the US possibly, so I'd expect a few more days between the west coast and east coast shipping, which is precisely what I have been hearing.

Now myself, I overnighted it from LA so I can have it for a shoot on Sunday, but that's me :)

speedracerlo
06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
B&H couldn't care less about losing a few orders.
I think I've learned a lesson to support smaller businesses which are more intimate with their merchandise and customers.
I've had many times where small retailers had gone the extra distance to ship items to me with expedited shipping because I explained my urgent situation.

jetswing
06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd imagine that Sony probably used some sort of ground service after it gets into the US possibly, so I'd expect a few more days between the west coast and east coast shipping, which is precisely what I have been hearing.

Well, at least one person has got their order shipped from B&H, which mean they have received shipment from Sony already. The problem is there's enough sign of B&H shipping out the camera.

Rick Burnett
06-03-2011, 12:59 PM
And I've had smaller retailers be completely incompetent before, as there was a reason these had remained small. I spend A LOT of time vetting out a retailer before I use them, especially on big ticket items. It is true, B&H are way more systematic, totally agreed. Given the camera was supposed to ship May 31 from what I was always told, and today is June 3rd, I think that even getting the camera as fast as I am is WAY sooner than my speculation of when I'd get it. My AF100 took at least 4 more days BEFORE SHIPMENT and I was #3 I think on the list where I ordered from and I *KNOW* I was one of the early few to get theres.

It's sad that people have become so increasingly impatient that they cannot recognize that no, not everything is within B&H's control. Given the weekend, June 6th is Monday. Lots of places are expecting a shipment then. I think that's pretty quick.

speedracerlo
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
The shipment from Sony is not under B&H's control, but their representatives' attitudes in handling the inquiries by pre-order customers have been completely lackluster.
I definitely wouldn't go to a random small retailer for this level of equipment; I'd do some research or read some reviews about the store first.
It is true and sad that I'm slowly losing my patience though... Maybe because I have job next weekend that's waiting on the FS100.

Doctor Wu
06-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I understand that B&H is more systematic. They sell $20 items on the same level as $5K items - they have to be.
However, it was my mistake to put a pre-order in with them as they charged my credit card for the full amount. I've asked for a refund, but not sure when that finally kicks in, and the applicable interest rates on 5K don't tickle me and it ties up those funds. So the lack of information from a big retailer doesn't help on pre-orders where you're charged the full amount. Not their fault really, but at the same time, not the right choice for a pre-order like this.

EC Junior seems to be a good source, and I will order with them soon.

imag
06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
If B&H doesn't have it Monday, then it will be another week due to their vacation. If it doesn't ship Monday, it's canceled. This is inexcusable.

Lee Saxon
06-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I never heard there was a specific release date to get mad at B&H for missing (thus the title of this thread)

And if there was one, and you scheduled a job utilizing the camera a week after it, that's your bad. Even if you actually got it in time that's not long to learn how to use it.

olindacat
06-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I wasn't betting on B&H being first or even fifth to deliver, but on the same token, I could not get the same person in customer service to help me, and I did pony up $5,500 on good faith. That was in addition to other items I bought totaling almost $10K. I think it would have been nice if they could at least have called me back, but they don't make outgoing calls and I was subject to email correspondence with a different rep every time. Phoning them was just as weak as I got either excuses for no info, or passed along to a VM. I don't buy from them often, but I do spend a lot (for me) when I do, because they have good prices. But after much ado, I canceled my FS order at B&H out of frustration over poor customer service, not timing.... I had questions that were too dumb to post here and even they couldn't help me!