PDA

View Full Version : DVX in the news

mojovideo
04-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey all-
Just thought you guys would like to know what Ive been doing with my DVX. Im a News Editor for a tv station in Phoenix. I met an incredible metal sculptor here, and decided to produce/shoot/edit a piece on him. My News director liked it and let me air it. I decided there are many great artists here who could use some press so I got the go ahead to shoot more.
Well, I just shot my 11th one today, and Im having a blast. My shooting and storytelling ability have greatly improved. My pieces shot on my DVX are getting aired, and all the artists are getting great press opportunities.
Sometimes, you just gotta quit talking about doiing it, and just do it.
Thanks for the motivation
MojoVideo

Larry Rutledge
04-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Congratulations, that's cool... Any chance of posting some clips?

Isaac_Brody
04-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Congrats mojo!

BUCK
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey that is awesome!!!
I'll be doing a piece this spring on Downhill Mtn Bike Trail Building...I'm hoping it is good enough to air on the local station! Any hints that you would care to share?
L8R
Buck

mojovideo
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey that is awesome!!!
I'll be doing a piece this spring on Downhill Mtn Bike Trail Building...I'm hoping it is good enough to air on the local station! Any hints that you would care to share?
L8R
Buck
Hey Buck-
That's cool. I mountain bike, and have thought about doing a piece on the subject myself. Most stations dont accept unsolicited material, but give it a try. If you want your piece to appeal to them, keep it approx 2 minutes long, and no longer than 3 minutes. Try to make it a nat piece- that is, without narration. Keep it fast moving, with lots of great nat sound of bike racing. Keep soundbites short and concise. you dont have to show the interviewee's mug the whole time. You can cover with great b-roll, while they talk over, to keep it moving. Hope this helps.
Have a blast
Mojovideo

BUCK
04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Mojovideo,
Thanks for the advice!!! I'll definitely keep that is all that in mind. Does it have to be in a certain format for them to play it???

THanks for the help!
L8R
Buck