PDA

View Full Version : How do you all going about finding client when first starting off.

DMAN86
03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi, I am new to videographer and was wondering how did you all go about finding clients. Did you go about using craiglist are any type of ads. I really want to get more involve in becoming a successful videographer. Any help would be nice.

pulpfiction007
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Ads are good...definitely have a broad approach Online/Independent Newspapers/Fliers You could go to see some bands/events....offer to make a video for their next show, etc. Make sure to give them a business card. It's surprising how (in my town anyway) these sorts of things are not being filmed (other than cell phones) I think an active approach is best...you get to know people that way - which is key IMO.

DMAN86
03-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok that sounds great. Do you guy/gals put ads in the paper too.

8string
03-12-2011, 11:19 PM
No I don't advertise in the paper. Why? Cause I don't do that kind of work.

Work for free or near free to build a demo roll, or get the contacts. It's all about being in touch with people. And what kind of work you want to do. You say you are a new videographer, but what do you want to do? Weddings? Live news? Band videos? Are you in a city? Country? Did you invest in your gear? In the meantime, get out and shoot for yourself. Build your skills. You'll need them. And go learn from pros, both on the Internet and in the flesh. They will teach you things you can't find in books, and will cost you a lot to learn in real time.

DMAN86
03-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Yes I very interest in filming weddings, music videos, local and corporate commercials. I do have my own gear. So I should go out and meet people and tell them what I do.

pulpfiction007
03-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes I very interest in filming weddings, music videos, local and corporate commercials. I do have my own gear. So I should go out and meet people and tell them what I do.

Yes...ANY business will benefit from good networking, esp. specialty services that aren't in the face of potential customers 24/7. They need them when they need them if you know what I mean - So when client X says to a friend "I need to hire a video guy for my wedding." It only helps your odds having your name out there so that potentially that friend will reply to client X "DMAN86 just shot a video for my cousins band, it was great!" and so on and so on.

DMAN86
03-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok this is some great information.Thank you some much