PDA

View Full Version : Installing Vegas Pro 8 Upgrade on Windows 7 64 Bit

djkoz
03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I am trying to install an upgrade version of Vegas Pro 8 on my new PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I can't install the program directly since it is an upgrade. I have to fist install an older version of Vegas. I upgraded from version 6 to version 8 and it worked find on my old 32 bit XP machine. When I try to install version 6 on the Windows 7 64 bit machine I get a message saying that I need to install the .NET Framework version 1.1 in order for Vegas 6 to work. I allow Vegas to do so but then I received an error message from Windows saying that the .NET Framework v1.1 will not work on my machine. Windows automatically check the web for a solution but non was found.

So, my dilemma: I can't install version 8 (the upgrade) until I install version 6, but version 6 won't install. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

David Jimerson
03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
You shouldn't ever have to install an earlier version of Vegas; "upgrades" are full versions of the program, even from incremental upgrades.

You should have a fully-functional product code for V8 if you purchased it as an upgrade, so no other version is necessary.

Version 8.1 is the 64-bit version, BTW.

djkoz
03-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I wish you were correct. But when I insert the install disk for V8 I get a message saying that I do not have v7 installed and it wll not allow me to proceed with the installation.

I do not own v7, I own v6 and I had no problem in upgrading from v6 to v8 on my XP machine. Since v8 won't allow me to install without a previous version installed and I only own v6, I am stuck unless someone has a further suggestion.

David Jimerson
03-06-2011, 05:04 PM
If you have a legit product code for V8, then forget the disk and download it (V8) straight from Sony Creative Software. You should have no problems installing it.

8string
03-06-2011, 05:56 PM
You should upgrade to 10. If you can afford a new computer buy 10.c. Bug fixes, better stability, more features. More 64 bit clean code.

djkoz
03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
If you have a legit product code for V8, then forget the disk and download it (V8) straight from Sony Creative Software. You should have no problems installing it.

Your suggestion to download Vegas 8.1 from Sony's site (bypassing the installation of Vegas 6) worked very nicely. As you suggested, the downloaded version did accept my upgrade key. I did not see on Sony's site a way to download DVD Architect Pro 4.5 (not the Studio version) but I was able to install my older version 3.0 and then install my upgrade version 4.5 of DVD Architect Pro. Thanks for the tip. Dan