PDA

View Full Version : Grungy Wall Look

seanmcleod
03-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone, looking to dirty up some walls in a location shoot this weekend. It's not my place so something that could wash off without staining would be ideal but I realize that's probably easier said than done. They are just flat painted plaster walls but I won't to streak em up with darker patches a la Fincher...

any suggestions or resources?

randomname
03-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I was going for something similar and was happy with the results I got by spraying PAM all over the walls, it came off really easily too.

seanmcleod
03-01-2011, 09:56 PM
How did that work? Isn't PAM clear? did you add anything to it?

randomname
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, it just made the walls really greasy and gave the set much more of a dense/humid/unpleasant feeling. I think I might have smeared a little bit of spaghetti sauce on the wall for color.

Paul Hudson
03-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Brew some really, really dark coffee and then brush it over the finish that is in the wall.

AbcAbcwebd
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
When people paint walls white in their homes they typically paint them off white, because it's less harsh than true right. The camera, however, shows off white walls as somewhat dirty, so you may want to do some test photography as is. But if the wall is really dirty, then it'll probably take more. I'd suggest thinking about how the wall would have gotten dirty in you script. For instance, is it blood stains, dust, is the room used for gardening, is the set damp (mold) ect.?