PDA

View Full Version : DVrigPro Review

Jarred Land
04-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Click Here to read the full review:

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/dvrig/

eddavid
04-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I use this device and it's absolutely amazing.

ops
05-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I demoed the DVrigPro at NAB for four days and I got to say this is a sweet set-up. With the dvxuser discount it really makes sense. I had my dvx100 set up on it for four days and never got tired of wearing it....although my feet were another story.

klausbrandenburg
05-03-2005, 12:33 AM
I just checked EVSonline, but the Price was not 499$ but 579,75$. Is this this the online price or did prices just go up. Anyway it still looks a lot more sophisticated than the Anton Bauer and Arri Stuff. Hope to get my hands on it pretty soon : )

Jarred Land
05-03-2005, 01:05 AM
you gotta phone EVS for the DVXuser discount.

Without a doubt, the DVrig is the best shoulder mount out there, period.

Chris Messineo
05-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I have the DVRigPro and I really like it.

It is very comfortable and is excellent for getting still shots.

I am still working on my skill, shooting while walking, but for this price you can't beat it.

Chris

WaveRiderXIX
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
I bought one a month ago, and am happy for the most part.
The only thing I am concerned with is the mount. Even though I've tightened it with coin/screwdriver, the thing still wiggles after a little bit. Also, the latch which holds the plate in place to the left, can be easily turned/moved. My camera slid off the front and the knot didn't lock. So the whole plate including my cam fell off. Luckily it fell onto my bed.

I have the newer model, but it didn't feel as "robust" as the older one. Which I kind of liked. Also the handles are no longer "angle adjustable" which I was disappointed in, as the handle kept getting in the way when I'd want to do a manual focus.

Now instead, you have to completely remove the handle.
If you get this, the zoom-remote is a must.

danny
05-05-2005, 08:02 AM
I bought one a month ago, and am happy for the most part.
The only thing I am concerned with is the mount. Even though I've tightened it with coin/screwdriver, the thing still wiggles after a little bit.

Check if the camera screw is not a bit to long for your camera, Try adding a simple washer between the camera screw head and the bottom of the plate.

Also, the latch which holds the plate in place to the left, can be easily turned/moved. My camera slid off the front and the knot didn't lock. So the whole plate including my cam fell off. Luckily it fell onto my bed.

Some thing is wrong with your rig. Pls. note that the left hand latch can be adjusted. Pull it out and adjust for max tightening when it is tawrds you, In no way it can be lose.

flotone
05-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Can you get the dolly effect with this rig? To pan in or out as if the camera was gliding?

Thanks

danny
05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
"pan in or out as if the camera was gliding"

What do you mean by Pan in or out ?

Danny.

Peabody
05-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Just did my first job with DV Rig Pro today.
Amazing. Effortless.
Like you're walkin' around with no weight.
Incredible!
If you do event stuff and you don't have this gizmo,---then shame on you!
Low mode not so effortless, but works pretty darn good.
'mazingly steady.
Will take a while to get smooth on the move.
But think a decent job can be done there too.

farfromsubtle
10-26-2005, 03:06 PM
"pan in or out as if the camera was gliding"

What do you mean by Pan in or out ?

Danny.

Obviously he meant dolly in and out.

Karl151k
12-02-2005, 03:55 AM
I think "pan" is a misplaced word for "dolly" or "truck" in.

BryantStanton
05-28-2006, 03:55 PM
"Retail price is $579 and is available from EVSonline.com now for $579.95 to DVXuser.com Members. (call Cody or Rush for the discount)"

+$0.95 is a discount?

Psynema
04-06-2007, 10:09 PM
"Retail price is $579 and is available from EVSonline.com now for $579.95 to DVXuser.com Members. (call Cody or Rush for the discount)"

+$0.95 is a discount?

599 is listed as the msrp - so 579.95 is the discount...I think :)

Neal Buconjic
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
So, who is marketing the Dvrig pro? I assumed it was a dvtec product, but I've seen it branded as the Varizoom Dvrig pro as well?

Has dvtec licenced it to Varizoom?