PDA

View Full Version : An interview with Nancy Schreiber

Jarred Land
04-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Click Here for the interview:

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/Nancy/

Lalo
04-19-2005, 05:26 PM
I want to see this movie... but i can tell here in Chile there won´t be any interested distributor

rreichenfeld
07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
That is a pretty inspiring testimony. It makes me feel much better about getting a DVX as apposed to another DV camera. :thumbup: :beer:

Xeaver Dupree
07-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I really enjoyed reading the interview and took notes how she shot November. Want to shoot mine the same way. Am looking forward to seeing this movie, and can't waitt to shoot mine

CaptainMench
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for calling her, Jarred.

Did she happen to mention what it was edited on? Avid?

CaptM

Erik Olson
07-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Jarred,

Another great interview! Nancy's comment, "...embrace the idiosyncracies [of the DVX100]" is a great observation about using the technology at hand to its fullest potential.

So often, valuable time and effort is expended comparing and complaining about limitations and shortcomings in any given set-up.

Her observations about the importance of possessing a complete knowledge of lighting is right on the mark. Being a true lighting cameraman has always been my personal aspiration, and I spend much time learning proper technique from gaffers and grips whenever possible.

I've been a big fan of Ms. Schreiber's since first seeing Visions of Light in the early 1990s, and the more I hear from her the more I like her! Thanks again for the interview and to Nancy for her inspirational work.

e

Jarred Land
07-28-2005, 01:08 PM
you and me both overland :)

Erik Olson
07-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Oh, you're still talking to me? I guess you missed what I said in the Naughty French Canadian Thread.

Jay Rodriguez
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Great write up. I can't believe I missed this one!

Gordon JL
12-24-2005, 02:55 AM
After viewing both 28 Days Later and November, I have no doubt that the DVX produces much better image quallity than the XL1-S (although, it looks as though 28 Days Later may have intentionally degraded the XL1-s footage...).

However, I cannot say that November has better "motion" than 28 Days Later -- although November is better image quallity in general, I still think that 28 Days Later seems to look more "film like"; something about the motion in November still looks very video-ish to me...

Anyone else agree?

John C Lyons
12-25-2005, 09:51 PM
just watched november on dvd tonight. they did a great job! thanks for getting some words from nancy!

John C Lyons
12-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks for calling her, Jarred.

Did she happen to mention what it was edited on? Avid?

CaptM

I just listened to the commentary track on the DVD with the director and Nancy (VERY useful btw) and they explain their entire workflow through the credits as well as during the film when appropriate. Anyhow Avid Xpress with Adrenaline.

Pesie
01-09-2006, 12:52 AM
I saw the PAL dvd of November yesterday, a great and fairly good looking movie. There is something in the motion that still gives me the video-look, a kind of blurry images (not all the time). Perhaps it's due to the NTSC>PAL conversion. I watched it at an LCD tv with progressive scan-dvd playback. Anyone having the same kind of issue?