PDA

View Full Version : inside softdrink bottle!

ghosttv
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi I need make set of inside softdrink bottle, but only about 180 or 140 degress around. Color is blue but light can pass through. My idea is 1/4" plywood with one panel clear plexiglass, wood and plexglass is flex to curve like side of bottle. Then on plexiglass I put light gel to make color blue. So now two shots, one shot of real softdrink bottle then cutting to me set of inside bottle. Could it work? I need to convince that its really inside the softdrink bottle. Wuld my idea works? Or is it sucks! Please help me! Its for commercial in my country.

Rainer
02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
I think you'd do better with green screen and a background real bottle cut in half.

ghosttv
02-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, if I could do green scren, how to cut bottle in half? It's possible? Why you like green scren? You think set might be so fake looking?

tildenm
02-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I think green screen too. Cut in half with a band saw and you are good to go. Plus, you can record real background - like waterbottle in the park, kitchen, etc. Do a couple of tests, because the bottle is blue it might, just might mind you, be better with chromakey blue. Set will never look as good as it would as a composite.

ghosttv
02-18-2011, 08:05 AM
I make a research about how to cut bottle. Band saw works! But if you don't have you etch glass and pour boiling water on bottle then cold water. Keep repeat. Then crack! Bottle split in two! Omg!

Patrick T
02-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Call a rock shop with lapidary equipment. They have water cooled diamond saws that will go through glass like butter.

Rick Burnett
02-18-2011, 12:07 PM
I'd greenscreen as well. It will certainly look better than trying to use plexiglass! :)

clang
03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
a plastic soft drink bottle would be a whole lot easier...