PDA

View Full Version : Which to HDSLR to buy?

Izie_Indie
01-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone. I am in great need of your help. I am pretty much new in the whole idea of using HDSLR cameras for video recording, so your insights based from your experiences would really help me decide which to buy among these three- 5D, 7D or 60D.

I just need the reviews and technical discussion on the cameras stated above, and which camera is worth the cost.

Thanks so much and God bless.

pulpfiction007
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I would personally get the 60D because - higher res articulating LCD, audio level meters (5d also has them) costs a lot less meaning more money for fast lenses which you'll want for low light, the overheating tests have been very positive with them, the DOF won't be so extremely shallow with open apertures like the 5D, it has all the frame rates and resolutions of the 7D - for video I think it's Canon's most ready camera out of the box (Photo would be the 5D for sure) - the GH2 IMO is the only thing better right out of the box for video. (In DLSR land and in this price range of course)

ROCKMORE
01-31-2011, 11:35 PM
I would personally get the 60D because - higher res articulating LCD, audio level meters (5d also has them) costs a lot less meaning more money for fast lenses which you'll want for low light, the overheating tests have been very positive with them, the DOF won't be so extremely shallow with open apertures like the 5D, it has all the frame rates and resolutions of the 7D - for video I think it's Canon's most ready camera out of the box

+1
Shooting a lot of paying work with the 60D. I had planned to get the next generation of 5D, but don't think it will do much better than the matching 35mm cine film plane. I hear the GH2 is good, but the sensor is too small for the faster wide lenses I use. If Panasonic had opted for a similar sensor size it would be a whole new ballgame. That would allow the entire range of Cine PL lenses to be mounted with the same lens view.
It looks like Sony is seeing it that way with the new consumer nex3 & 5 increasing the sensor size to 35mm Cine as well.

bwwd
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
5d and some not expensive 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8 lenses.

bill totolo
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
I own the 5D and love it, but I gotta say, I really like what I'm reading/seeing with Nikon D7000.

ROCKMORE
02-03-2011, 07:26 AM
I own the 5D and love it, but I gotta say, I really like what I'm reading/seeing with Nikon D7000.

Looking good, but no 25fps for Pal regions. Another feature I can't do without is 50p and 60p slow motion. I'm waiting to see what the next 5D has to offer.