PDA

View Full Version : TV effects with AE or other

menotyou
03-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi

I'm after adding some effects to my film to make it look like some of it is a TV broadcast (without keying it into a real TV). I want to have it like someone is tuning in a TV to a channel, something like Matt McDermitt did at the start of his 'Bring me to Life' video (where a tv flickers into life and slowly gets bigger before filling the screen)

I'd also like to do some effects of a TV turning on (the fade in that you get) and turning off (the picture disappearing into a dot)

A lot to ask, I know, but if anyone knows how to do these effects in AE or Premiere or another compatible prog let me know!!!

Pete

john2
03-24-2005, 01:30 PM
i know that DigiEffects Delirium has a Video Malfunction effect, but not sure if it has the effect you mentioned. check it out.

menotyou
03-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info - I've just noticed that Sapphire Plug ins have a few Tv related effects, anyone know if these are any good?

Does anyone know how Matt McDermitt did those effects at the top of his "Bring Me to Life" video?

bdt09
04-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info - I've just noticed that Sapphire Plug ins have a few Tv related effects, anyone know if these are any good?

Does anyone know how Matt McDermitt did those effects at the top of his "Bring Me to Life" video?

i believe that was done in vegas.

Steven_Fokkinga
10-04-2005, 05:57 AM
a bit late I realise, but it might be of help for others searching here for a TV effect: There is a nice video tutorial to make your screen look like TV on creativecow, the link is: http://www.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=1&page=/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/old_tv/index.html

Cheers, Steven

surf
10-04-2005, 01:10 PM
I think you should make the tv in another layer and the pictures in another layer, too. and if you want a "not flat" tv, then tv layer should be over the video layer, so you will have to use the alpha channel. but it is gonna be very cool :)