PDA

View Full Version : 7D Export Settings with Adobe Premiere

Roadkill475
01-14-2011, 01:30 AM
What up everyone?

It's been a while since I've posted, but I love the amount of knowledge and support that this site provides, so I thought I'd throw this out, since I'm brand new to my 7D. I apologize for the redundancy, but I haven't seen a post that was specific to my question.

If one exists, just point me in the right direction. :smile:

I'm using Adobe CS3, so like you can imagine, I'll have to tweak some settings to get things right.

So I shot some 60p using 720 which has an aspect ratio of 1280x720 (In case you didn't know this already :tongue:). I use Neoscene for my workflow in Adobe. Once I have the files imported into my timeline, I export the file using Quicktime with the Avid DNxHD codec, but it always sets my frame size to 720x480 so I switch it to 1280x720.

Once the file has exported, I bring the rendered file back into the same comp in Premiere and drop it into the same timeline. Only, now the aspect ratio is way smaller than 1280x720. I'm not sure what I'm missing here but I've been trying a ton of different export settings with no luck.

Can anyone slap some sense into me about the proper export settings with Premiere??

Any help would be much appreciated. You all are my heroes!

Cheers.

Alex

vec
01-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Are you exporting with square pixels?

Roadkill475
01-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm not on my computer at the moment, but I believe so.

-Alex

Roadkill475
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Looks like I wasn't exporting with Square pixels...That did the trick! Thanks!

-Alex :beer: