PDA

View Full Version : Growing Up: Doc Series

SimonC
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
http://simoncorkum.com/growing-up-series/

Hey, so this is a documentary series I've been working on for the last couple months (well half a year now haha). Working full time at a rental house and doing this on the side entirely by myself (with obvious help along the way). It's been hard work, especially interviews by yourself using a f1.8 lens (crap they moved forward!).

Anyway, just thought I would share this with people here, I've learned SO much from these boards, thought I would post some of my recent work. This was shot entirely on a hacked GH1 with 80 Mbps MJPG. It's been a real workhorse and I haven't looked back since buying it a year ago (although I'm going to be getting the GH2 in the new year). I love the look it gives me (especially since Vitally gave me glorious 80+Mbps mjpg) and the ease of use, the camera has such an ergonomically sound design!

Well, let me know what you think of the series, it's my first attempt at a doc and I hope to do many more!

Cheers!
Simon

Tracey Lee
12-06-2010, 06:48 AM
This is wonderful Simon. I think you kept focus very well. The GH1 keeps focus better than the Canons when using the same lenses.

There are some great shots of the kids and the interviews are well done as well. Some of the shots are a bit shaky but they didn't bother me too much. This series also has a great subject matter. I am big into healthy food, I think it can cure disease, and it's great to see a film series done focusing on such things.

Very nice.

T

SimonC
12-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks Tracey for the kind feedback

AdrianF
12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Nice work Simon. It's good to see people covering issues they care about. I thought you did a good job, single operator interviews are a bit of a challenge.

SimonC
12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks Adrian, Ya it was a bit tricky at first but I feel now after doing this my skills as a single operator are a LOT better. Especially with the DSLR set up, using a Zoom H4n with a wireless lav kit and then setting up the shot, starting to get into a good rhythm.