PDA

View Full Version : DVX on CBS

kito
03-14-2005, 07:46 PM
This is my first posting although I've been reading dvxuser for the better part of a year (off and on), thanks for the incredible wealth of information.

Some of the events I've covered went national. I've been stringing news footage for a while (with a DVX, of course.)

I've been asked to sign a contract and work exclusively for a CBS affiliate in my area. They will be supplying live-feed gear and I will be on call 24-7. I will be expected to be camera operator, journalist and (sometimes) Final Cut Pro editor, working anywhere from 10-50 (80?) hours a week?! Previously, depending on content, my freelancing day rate has ranged from a couple to a few hundred dollars.

I will be covering a large area that will include 2+ hours driving time in every direction. I understand that the wages should reflect both time working and time on call. With those things in mind I would appreciate ball-park figures from anyone with similar experience.

I have just begun discussing my first contract with them and have been asked to sign it next week. I would really appreciate advice and dollar values to protect my a** and maintain industry standards.

aaron_wade
03-15-2005, 06:54 PM
try putting this thread in the cafe section of the board. you will get responses. congrats on the offer!

kito
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks Aaron, it's now in the cafe.