PDA

View Full Version : Facial prosthetics?

Snapper123
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey guys, I have no clue about this, but I need a nasal prosthetic for a certain character in a film. It is a custom design, not a typical, halloween role like a witch or troll, nor is it a 'comedic' aesthetic, so it'd be impossible to find the design I'm looking for in a shop. It has to be matched for a very specific role, face, and fit. I guess think along the lines of a Benjamin Button role, something realistic and all.

So I guess what I'm asking, is do any of yall know of any specific custom theater/film prosthetic creators? I'm willing to fly anywhere in the country to create this prosthetic, as of coarse you have to have a mold from your own face to have one made, but also because I'm having no luck finding any place that does this anywhere near where I live. It would help if the creator had a professional business going, I wouldn't exactly want to fly somewhere to meet someone in their garage, but as well, this is for an indie production so I'm very keen on cost. If possible, I wouldn't want to pay more than $500 for the prosthetic itself, so if anyone knows of any reliable and realistic prosthetic creators that may cater to indie productions and a cheaper market, please give me any advice on how to go about this and where a trusted business may be located.

Thanks!