PDA

View Full Version : video for multimedia cd ?

ulisses
03-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Hello,

I have a mpeg2 video, about 11 minutes at 7000k. I need to add the video in a cdrom (a multimedia projetct) and I have 2 questions:

I need to convert the mpeg2 to mpeg1 and reduce the quality, that should be a problem since the original material is a mpeg2 ? Any tips ? I'm using TMPGEnc.

The footage was recorded in the DVX100a at 30P, but at editing some DVE effects was added and fields added with the effects, should I compress the footage as progressive or remove the fields ?

Thanks,
Ulisses

krestofre
03-08-2005, 08:46 AM
TMPG will do a fine job of converting the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1. That should be pretty straight forward with the software.

As far as progressive or interlaced, it sounds like you should go progressive, esspecially if a PC / Mac are going to be the only playback devices.

Hope that helps!

Chris

ulisses
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks !

I got a nice quality with TMPG and cropped the black areas in the letterbox. I got 170mb for 11 minutes (about 500x300 with 900 to 1800 - constant quality)
My only problem now is in the last 20 seconds, TMPG is freezing a frame and holding it for the last 20 seconds... trying to solve it.

Ulisses

krestofre
03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
I've seen TMPG do that before. If I remember correctly the problem was a corrupt frame, but it's been a while since I've dealt with that. You might consider converting the MPEG-2 to an uncompressed file, and then compressing the new file to MPEG-1. Might solve the locking issue.

Good luck.

Chris

ulisses
03-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Ok, I'll try to generate the mpeg2 again from the timeline... I tried an uncompressed AVI, but windows can't handle avi's with more than 2gb, and my 11 minutes generated a 15gb AVI :(

Thanks for all the help !
Ulisses