PDA

View Full Version : DVD: LIGHTING for Film and Television

David Jimerson
10-13-2010, 09:11 PM
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION AND TO ORDER! (http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/dvxshop/LightDVD/)

2062ad
10-16-2010, 05:25 PM
what is the run time for this dvd? and....I live in Alaska, sooo...US shipping? crosses fingers

Barry_Green
10-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Runtime is approximately six hours, across three DVDs. And yes, Alaska gets US shipping. :thumbsup:

ProjX v2.0
10-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Ordered the second I got the email about it. Already know it's going to be worth 5 times the price. At least.

The previous Sound DVD primarily focused on mics and placement but when can we expect a Sound Mixing/Sound Design DVD detailing how you get a great sound mix for your film?

jambredz
10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
nice.

Jim Brennan
10-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Ordered.

David Jimerson
10-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Jim!

Jim Brennan
10-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you guys. The audio DVD is a must have. Really looking forward to this one.

David Jimerson
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Just happened to see that the DP on this past week's episode of CSI: NY was Levie Isaacks, A.S.C., whom we interview on Disc 2.

Barry_Green
10-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Longtime DVXers may recognize him as the DP of the TimeFest-winning short "O2", by Fat Monster. We were there on the set of O2 to interview Mr. Isaacks for this DVD.

Noel Evans
10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
We were there on the set of O2 to interview Mr. Isaacks for this DVD.

Thats really cool. To see a cinematographer on set amongst what he is working on. Look forward to seeing that.

David Jimerson
10-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, the interview was done there, but you won't see him on set (contract issues). You'll see plenty of Macgregor and Jack on set for the two films, though.

Cesar_Luna
10-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Are these DVD's going to be available trough Amazon.com? I bought the SOUND FOR FILM AND TELEVISION DVD, and is excellent!

David Jimerson
10-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Sure, but they all come from the same place (my office :) ), and the pre-order price won't be available on Amazon.

Glad you enjoyed Sound!

TimothyJinx
10-21-2010, 08:22 PM
I ordered the sound DVD as soon as it was released and it made a huge difference in the audio of my productions. So, I ordered the lighting DVD set as soon as I received the email. Plus, it releases on my 50th birthday - has to be a sign, right?

David Jimerson
10-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Hope so!

Cesar_Luna
10-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I buy from Amazon because I don't have a PayPal account, I used to tough. The billing/shipping address in the PayPal system was in México (my native country) so many items I bought were sent to the address provided by PayPal to the seller, and some got lost. It was not a problem with customs, nor import fees, etc. Some items just got lost during transit. The postal service in México is sometimes awful. I tried to convince some seller to ship the items to a US address, but no luck.
Too bad I won't get the pre-order price :(. But those extra $10 I'll pay through Amazon, are an insurance for getting the DVD's, just like I did with SOUND FOR FILM AND TELEVISION!

jambredz
10-24-2010, 07:42 AM
gonna order this week hopefully

Elvis
10-26-2010, 09:19 PM
These guys are the BOME!!!

jambredz
10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
ordered just now

do you guys usually give tracking numbers?

Spdamf
10-29-2010, 10:11 AM
when is the discount applied? i'm still showing it for full price. or is the pre-order sale over?

David Jimerson
10-29-2010, 10:34 AM
The pre-order price is $99.95; regular price will be 109.95. Should still be set up for the pre-order price.

The pre-order sale does end quite soon, though!

jambredz
10-29-2010, 02:39 PM
ordered just now

do you guys usually give tracking numbers?

Yes... no... maybe so? I usually get tracking with my stuff and i ordered 2 days ago i think, so was just wondering. Luckily i know you guys are totally good for it so no worries....just curious.

Jason Ramsey
10-29-2010, 03:01 PM
USPS tracking typically consists of "it shipped on xxx" and "it arrived on xxx" :)

Priority mail from my experience is typically 2-3 business days domestically (in the US) and 6-10 business days internationally. So, I'd use that as your general guide from the date of shipment.

Later,
Jason

jambredz
10-29-2010, 03:21 PM
koolness...thanks Jason. Cant wait!

David Jimerson
10-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Ships on Monday, as the order page says. Tracking number will be provided automatically when the label is created. Thanks!

jambredz
10-29-2010, 05:36 PM
oh snap...lol..didnt even know i was pre ordering and that it hasnt started shipping yet. Think i was 2 excited. my bad.

jambredz
10-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Barry...or David...does this DVd cover outdoor shooting with silks/bounce cards/reflectors/hmi's/ best time of day and why ect?

daveswan
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Just ordered a copy, now waiting with as much patiance as possible.
Dave

Robert Eldon
11-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Just received shipment confirmation from 'Wrightsville Beach Studios, Ltd.'

Thank you guys! I'm am very much looking forward to this!

notharrylume
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Just got my confirmation too. Right on schedule. They said November 1 and they shipped November 1.

Maybe Red Camera should sub out its Scarlet fulfillment to Barry and David!!!!!!!!

Barry_Green
11-01-2010, 11:29 AM
:thumbsup:

David Jimerson
11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Just a note -- orders indeed began shipping, but if you ordered within the last 24 hours or so, your DVD might not go out today -- but it will within the next few days!

David Jimerson
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Barry...or David...does this DVd cover outdoor shooting with silks/bounce cards/reflectors/hmi's/ best time of day and why ect?

We do have some lessons on outdoor shooting, yes.

NextWaveG
11-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Looks sweet! Gonna order as soon as Friday's paycheck shows up.

Vitaliy Kiselev
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I still hope to see downloadable version in HD :-)

jambredz
11-03-2010, 11:18 AM
shipment confrimation....yes!

Shawn Philip Nelson
11-03-2010, 12:30 PM
ordered!

Simon Höfer
11-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Ordered and dispatched :)

David Jimerson
11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Yep, we're in full release now, so normal WBS turnaround times are in effect. :)

The Holiday banner is pretty cool, Simon. Great colors.

Jim Brennan
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
MythBreakers....nice :beer:

Well done gentlemen. I'm not through it all, but once again you delivered. :thumbsup:

David Jimerson
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
That's very, very good to know, Jim! Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed my (*ahem*) acting debut! :beer:

NextWaveG
11-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Got my shipment notification. Can't wait!

Chris Messineo
11-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Got mine today - thanks for the speedy delivery. I'm looking forward to watching it this week-end.

David Jimerson
11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Hope you enjoy!

Stephen Mick
11-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Got mine yesterday. Everyone should have this. Just like the Sound DVD, this is what I consider an indispensable tool for indie filmmakers. Great work, guys!

DOSMedia
11-05-2010, 12:06 AM
The Sound & Lighting bundle for 155 shipped just got added to my christmas list. Sure is nice to still be somewhat young and get a couple gifts a year.

Rigby
11-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I've been a member here for many years and visit daily. As you can see I don't post very often but this DVD inspired me to make a comment. I received it yesterday and watched it from beginning to end. The value of this DVD to me is that it removed the fear I've had each day on set. Every new setup costs me at least an hour of random light placement and tinkering because I've had no idea where to start. Yeah, I do get there eventually but I've had no idea why some things work and why some don't. This DVD is great because it tells you where to start and gets you to about 80% before you have to fine tune things. That is a huge time saver for me and worth its weight in gold. Maybe I'm just stupid but I just haven't had the time to learn lighting while trying to learn what camera, software, audio, blah blah blah. Funny thing is I just won an award for best cinematography last week. I now know how lucky I was because my lighting has always been a crap shoot. Not anymore. Thanks guys. You've saved me hours of frustration.

David Jimerson
11-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Rigby, that is EXACTLY what we were hoping to accomplish! I'm glad we could help! :beer:

Barry_Green
11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Hey Rigby, that's great to hear. That's really (as David said) exactly what we wanted to accomplish. Saving hours, saving time, saving frustration, just makes the whole process more enjoyable from beginning to end. We're always gratified to hear that what we've done is helping others, that's the best.

Did you really watch all six hours in one sitting? That's hardcore! :thumbsup:

Jason Ramsey
11-05-2010, 10:33 AM
If you talk as fast as you do in the others, I don't know how anyone could consume 6 hours in one sitting, b/c it's probably more like 12 at normal speed :)

Barry_Green
11-05-2010, 10:54 AM
You have made a keen observation, Mr. Ramsey. Yes, I do tend to ... be rapid. :) Much of the 3rd disc is Macgregor and Levie, so I can't say that my hyper talking speed would add to theirs, but maybe the first two discs would be twice as long for a normal-speaking person, so ... maybe it's 10 hours of content! yeah, that's the ticket... :)

billy_director
11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
is there any english subtitle for this dvds?

David Jimerson
11-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi, billy - no, there are no subtitles. There is a lot of text within the image itself, but there are no subtitles for what's being said.

David Jimerson
11-06-2010, 06:56 AM
For those who were interested -- Lighting for Film and Television is now available on Amazon.com!

Nicholas_SA
11-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I ordered my copy when I got your email. Your sound DVD was brilliant & I'm definitely looking forward to watching your lighting addition!

galbach
11-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I received mine friday and watched last night.....You must Own this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Jimerson
11-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Wow; some of you guys ARE hardcore, watching the whole thing all at once! Thanks for the endorsement!

jambredz
11-07-2010, 03:28 PM
man..cant wait. The thing i like about this and the sound DVD is i'm much more of a visual learner...so reading kinda bites when it comes to this.

Barry_Green
11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I received mine friday and watched last night.....You must Own this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that's a good review. :thumbsup:
Glad you liked it, galbach!

daveswan
11-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Still waiting for mine.
USPS said it shipped on the 3rd
Ah well.
Dave

Paul Llewellyn
11-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Same here, Dave.

daveswan
11-10-2010, 04:51 AM
So it's not just me.
Anyone else this side of the pond having delivery delays?
I wonder if it's coming by surface rather than air mail.
Dave

David Jimerson
11-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Sorry about that, guys -- deliveries in the UK do sometimes take a while. It might be a customs issue.

ZazaCast
11-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Sorry about that, guys -- deliveries in the UK do sometimes take a while. It might be a customs issue.
Yeah...those customs people are tough on books!

dtjohns1
11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Meanwhile i'm dying in the US. Im still trying to figure out how I live in NC and this dvd hasn't gotten here after being shipped 4 days ago! Im about to go insane lol

David Jimerson
11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
It wasn't. It shipped Monday. You ordered Saturday night; couldn't go out until then. :)

Still, I'm surprised it didn't make it there by today. Usually makes it across the state in a day, two at the most. Heck, they usually make it to California in two days!

dtjohns1
11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Yea its weird. it went from wilmington to fayetteville and now its in asheville. I guess they will decide to hit raleigh, greensboro and winston salem while they're at it lol

Paul Llewellyn
11-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Arrived today. The 17 pounds import duty stings(as usual). Looking forward to it! Cheers.

TimothyJinx
11-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Received and watched. This isn't necessarily a "here is how you light a dramatic scene" kind of DVD set. These discs teach you about light, how light works and how to manage it. The set also provides some really valuable info regarding the various types of lights and lighting gear. Just like the "sound" DVD, this set has already de-mystified so much for me. Thanks guys!

David Jimerson
11-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks, Timothy! You definitely picked up on what we were trying to do!

I read a quote recently from a cinematographer who said "you don't light an actor, you light a character." And that's pretty much what we try to follow -- along with all the technical aspects that you found valuable.

pixelated
11-12-2010, 07:51 AM
You have made a keen observation, Mr. Ramsey. Yes, I do tend to ... be rapid. :) Much of the 3rd disc is Macgregor and Levie, so I can't say that my hyper talking speed would add to theirs, but maybe the first two discs would be twice as long for a normal-speaking person, so ... maybe it's 10 hours of content! yeah, that's the ticket... :)

My favorite cup says it all . . .

Thanks Barry !

msorrels
11-12-2010, 08:32 AM
I got my copy really fast. I'm still watching the third disc, but I have to admit the second disc was very frustrating. Barry fondling all those lights for what seemed like hours and not once turning any of them on. I do wish the second disc had examples of each of the lights turned on and aimed at something (a sample set) so I could get a better feel for what each one would offer up. And yes that would have taken a lot of work to do. Still I did like the DVD set, it was very well put together. I loved the Buffy clone work.

I'd also give you a bit of hard time about the DVD menus. The selection not warping around was annoying. It also didn't advance the selection while you played through forcing you to remember what you just watched so you could pick the next one. But in the end I'm not sure things like that matter much, content is far more important, and the content here was very good.

David Jimerson
11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Hey, Matt --

Thanks for the feedback! I get where you're coming from; different people learn in different ways and it's hard to come up with a style of presentation which will fit everyone's preference. What we tried to do was talk about all kinds of different light, and when/how to use it, in the first disc -- really hit technique and the reasons WHY you do things -- and then the second disc was about showing you all the tools to produce those kinds of light. We could have gone a few different ways, but in the end, we thought it worked best that way. But, we did know that probably there would be those who would have preferred a different way, so we were expecting some commentary along those lines. Glad you felt comfortable enough to do it.

As for the menus -- not sure what you mean about "warping around"? Maybe you can PM me with details? I'm just not sure what you're referring to.

Thanks for the overall thumbs up, though! :beer:

dtjohns1
11-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Finally arrived today! Still baffled it took 5 days from Wilmington to Charlotte but anyways the wait was well worth it!

David Jimerson
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Must have been a mistake. The USPS is usually very good.

daveswan
11-13-2010, 01:54 AM
There was a card through my letter box when I got home last evening, saying it was at the sorting office with a £19 import charge to pay. God damn Customs and Excise :kali:
So I'll be going down there soon-ish (It's 9.30 in the morning here)
Dave

Update, got it! :happy:

HHL
11-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Just ordered...It's been about 8 years since I watched a lighting video from "jonvideo".... More basic corporate 3 point lighting stuff....time to upgrade my skills and get BARRY-GREEN-A-FIED! I LOVED the lighting in your short..."Mouth to Feed". WOWSER...that was some GREAT lighting. (...and a disturbing short BTW, you sick Puppy) :) I'm thrilled that you put this together for us all! I can't wait!

Barry_Green
11-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Macgregor was the master behind the lighting in "A Little Mouth To Feed", and there's a segment where we walk through it with him, having him comment on exactly what he did, and why, to get it to look that way. And the sick puppy would be Jack Daniel Stanley, as he's the director and writer of that short. I did work with him on the story, but ... yeah, he's the heart, soul, and brain behind that.

Just want to be sure to give credit where credit is due, and those folks get lots of credit because they're frickin' amazing!

HHL
11-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Macgregor was the master behind the lighting in "A Little Mouth To Feed", and there's a segment where we walk through it with him, having him comment on exactly what he did, and why, to get it to look that way. And the sick puppy would be Jack Daniel Stanley, as he's the director and writer of that short. I did work with him on the story, but ... yeah, he's the heart, soul, and brain behind that.

Just want to be sure to give credit where credit is due, and those folks get lots of credit because they're frickin' amazing!

And rightly so....credit has been given. I look forward to learning from all of you. :) Thanks again! Hopefully I'll actually get something done for FictionFest...and share the lighting improvements. :)

daveswan
11-14-2010, 01:37 AM
I've been watching it and learning!
I know quite a bit about lighting for theatre but not enough about film / video. Hopefully I'll be up to speed by the time I've been though the disks a few times.
Many thanks to you guys for putting this together.
Dave

PS I have some questions arising which I'll be posting in the "lighting" forum

Denis Haineault
11-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Got the notification on Nov. 1st, but still no info on USPS saying it has shipped.

I am a sad panda.

David Jimerson
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey, Denis --

It definitely shipped! Unfortunately, the tracking process requires everyone along the way to scan the thing, and they don't always do a very good job.

Shipments to Canada also tend to take two weeks or more because, I'm told, there are only three customs facilities handling all the mail coming in from the US.

Sorry it takes a while -- this is a frustration which a number of Canadian customers have expressed -- but I assure you it did ship and is on its way. If past performance holds, you should see it any time now.

Denis Haineault
11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh I never doubted that it shipped. It's just the lack of tracking info @USPS that was bumming me.

cheers man!

jambredz
11-17-2010, 11:41 AM
FINAALLLYYY got it. all i can say is customs is a biiaatch!

Will report back when i'm thru

jambredz
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
well i've got thru the first dvd. Goodstuff. its nice to see it broken down the way it is...though i will have to go over the math section :) Now for the others

Thanks again guys.

David Jimerson
11-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Aw, the math isn't bad. :)

KyleProhaska
11-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Got mine the other day. Review to come...

PaPa
11-28-2010, 07:35 AM
I think I'm going to pick up this bad boy.

Merry christmas from me, to me.

Thanks Barry and David!

Doddle Guys
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to these DVDs.

HHL
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey Barry! I love the DVDs. I love how you started with the basics.....and ended with the basics. :) I have a quick question that I don't ~believe~ you covered in the DVD...if you did and I missed it...please forgive me.

I'm looking into the "best" exposure assistance that I can get my hands on...wave form monitor, as per your training is the clear cut winner. That said, could you give your perspective on "false color"? I'm considering getting a 7' Marshall Monitor....and this feature plays a significant role in my decision. (Seems like I'll be wanting one for my AF100 when I save enough pennies anyway...so double win!) Any "light" you may shed on this? (pun intended) :) Thanks.

link
http://www.lcdracks.com/monitors/v-lcd70p-hdmi.html

Barry_Green
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Some people love false color. I don't currently have any products that use it, so -- I'm not the guy to ask. False color was developed right about the time, or right after, I sold my Red off, and I don't have any of the monitors that offer it. But from the brief bit I used it, it seems like the same kind of thing as the waveform but coming at it from an entirely different angle.

The SmallHD monitor that we had on "A Verse Before Dying" offered it; you might ask Timur or Taylor or McgeeDigital what they thought of it, as they used it a lot more than I did.

David Jimerson
12-10-2010, 02:59 PM
From the times I've used it (not many), it seemed good for a quick-glance exposure check, better than zebras, but not as precise as a waveform -- some of the colors cover a pretty large IRE range. I'd pick the waveform over it, but it's certainly not a bad tool to have. A decent middle ground between zebras and waveforms -- so why not get it if it's available?

HHL
12-11-2010, 11:48 PM
David/Barry

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate it big time. It's just good to get some perspective...or at least where to get more insight. Thanks for the response!

daveswan
12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Are there any monitors with waveform display that a) plug into the HDMI out of a 550D? And that are (Preferably) under £500 or equivilent?
Not being sarky (Heaven forbid!) just curious and realistic about my situation.
I know Barry doesn't like 'em but for now I'll make do with my 1 deg digital spot meter that has IRE and fps scales, and that I bought back when I was shooting Large Format. FWIW I checked out my meter against the 550D and in the Avid waveform display 100 IRE on the meter registered 100 IRE on the waveform monitor. The Lilliput was much brighter than that.
Dave

Azmyth
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Barry, I'm only on disc one but I'm learning tons. Great learning material!

Barry_Green
01-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Glad you're liking it!

David Jimerson
01-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, great to hear! Wouldn't mind some specific feedback on what you found particularly helpful, either here or in PM!

Ben Sliker
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
just wanted to pop in and say I ordered my DVD last Sunday and it arrived that Tuesday. Great Service, Fast Shipping (even if it was only across the state.) Can't wait to WATCH AND LEARN.

David Jimerson
01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Ben -- we do aim to ship with all possible haste!

Matt smith
02-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi,

I ordered and payed with paypal, do you just ship to that address? Looking forward to the dvd

David Jimerson
02-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi, Matt --

Yes, you should have gotten a notification that the DVD shipped. Was on its way on the 30th. Hope you enjoy!

WildTrackDave
02-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Just ordered. I can't wait for it to get here and crack it open!

David Jimerson
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Dave! Will ship tomorrow.

Azmyth
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
I finally finished all 3 discs in the lighting DVD set. Took me a while to get through it all between editing, work, and family. I learned a heck of alot about lighting I didn't know. The hows, and why's of it and most importantly.. the fact that lighting is only a small part of the big picture, and now you guys just need to do a video on Set Decoration and location choices for Film and TV! lol.

Really though, I'm gonna practice using alot of what I learned and see what kind of results I can get. Everything makes sense once you get to the examples, and its just mind blowing when you learn that some of the scenes shown were done with one or two lights at times.

David Jimerson
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Excellent! That's just what we wanted to accomplish! :)

tildenm
02-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Can't wait!

WildTrackDave
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Just got through the first disc on lighting, and already the DVD is well worth the money! Thanks, David.

David Jimerson
02-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Wow, all the way to CA in two days! Nice!

WildTrackDave
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Haha. Yeah.

David Jimerson
03-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Just received notice that Lighting for Film and Television has received a Telly Award for instructional videos.

WildTrackDave
03-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Wow! Well deserved. Congratulations!

Eric Boellner
03-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Awesome! Congrats. I'm really hoping to get the DVD sets soon. Probably in a month or two.

David Jimerson
03-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks, guys!

zuckerpunch
03-05-2011, 02:48 PM
This sounds fantastic. When I free up some cash, I'm definitely putting in an order.

jambredz
03-05-2011, 09:17 PM
congrats !!

Supertramp
03-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Just ordered the sound and lighting DVDs - very excited!

David Jimerson
03-22-2011, 02:57 PM
On their way!

KyleProhaska
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Just watched through this again. Definitely a thorough and informative DVD. I'm not up to speed on a lot of the lingo for certain types of equipment and I'm learning as best I can so this set was very useful in that regard.

David Jimerson
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm not up to speed on a lot of the lingo for certain types of equipment and I'm learning as best I can so this set was very useful in that regard.

One of the things we specifically had in mind -- excellent!

Sherlock256
03-27-2011, 05:24 AM
I highly recommend this DVD to anyone seeking to add production value to your projects. These techniques, fully explained and demonstrated, are easy to understand and fun to watch. David and Barry do a great job of making the technical details interesting and fun.

I tested this DVD on a group of aspiring teenaged producers and dp's believing that I'd have to break up the lessons into multiple days. I was wrong. They not only watched the first disc in it's entirety, they watch the second as well, staying past the normally scheduled session to watch and learn. We watched The third DVD the next day (a day not scheduled for classes). As an instructor this instructional set made my job so easy. I sat back and let David and Barry do the work for me. All I'd did was press play.

The point I'm making is that this set of DVDs is worth every penny and maybe more. I learned many important principles of how to use light to create the look and feel of a scene using basic techniques, the proper lights, and clear and concise technical understanding of the process and science behind it.

I couldn't be happier with this product! Thanks Guys.

Dan

Supertramp
03-28-2011, 03:54 PM
My DVDs arrived today - very quick delivery! Unfortunately I won't have time to relax and watch them until later in the year as I have a gazillion exams to do, but I look forward to it! Cheers.

CRProductions
03-30-2011, 05:46 PM
zOMG...I truly cannot wait to order these DVD's..I feel like reading all 13pages of feedback..I'm going to buy these in the next 2 weeks, really excited as a young aspiring film maker!

ChipThome
03-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Looking for input please.

I am an almost total newb on lighting, I watched one DVD on lighting interviews, that is it for my knowledge.

Is this a good place to begin, or is this for a level of knowledge and experience that I have not attained yet ???

David Jimerson
03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
It is designed to be easy to understand for total beginners and valuable for more advanced users alike. We start with the very basics and build lesson-for-lesson from there.

Stefan Ekman
04-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Hi!
International order , will i get som tracking nr or email when you have sent me the bundle (Lightning/sound)? I still havent recevied any information.

Best of regards Stefan

David Jimerson
04-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Hi, Stefan --

The package shipped on March 30. You should have received a tracking e-mail automatically, but I'll send you the details by PM. You may want to check your junk mail, though.

Thanks for the order!

Peter Reynolds
04-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I just finished watching the Lighting for Film and Television DVDs.

In general, I thought they were very well done. It’s geared more towards the beginner, but there was certainly
enough solid information to be of interest to industry professionals as well.

For myself, there are many lighting techniques I use everyday that I learned from trial and error. I don’t
necessarily know why they look good, they just do. This DVD really helped me understand the why. And for that I recommend it.

I will add one reservation to that recommendation. For a training DVD, I thought the imagery in the sample short film
“A Little Mouth to Feed” was too graphic. Without getting into detail, the bathroom scene contained very disturbing
imagery that I believe is not appropriate for a young audience.

It’s too bad because the rest of the DVD is very funny, with parodies of “What Not to Wear” and “Myth Busters”.
I find it strange that the tone of both short films is the complete opposite of the tone of the training portion.

Being a long-time member of dvxuser, I understand that the horror/thriller genres are favorites of young filmmakers,
so perhaps that played a part in the choice of films. However, I don’t think it was necessary.

If one sample film is a psychological thriller, why can’t the other be action, comedy or drama?

Ultimately, I still recommend the DVD for anyone wanting to understand the how and why of lighting.
I’d just caution you about “A Little Mouth to Feed” for younger or more sensitive viewers.

P.

David Jimerson
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the review, Peter!

By the way, if anyone wants to see what Peter is referring to, both short films can be viewed in full on the order page. (Link in my sig.)

masnart
04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
got mine ordered just now. looking forward to it.

David Jimerson
04-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Shipped!

ollywood88
04-07-2011, 04:21 PM
how much for a uk version region 2????

David Jimerson
04-07-2011, 04:48 PM
The DVDs are region-free and can played anywhere. We ship worldwide; same price everywhere (except for shipping).

tcarretti
04-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I have a quick question. I don't really have any "professional" lighting. What I DO have is the following:

2 - 150 Halogen Video lights and light stands
A 32" Umbrella Kit with three light stands, two umbrellas and it came with 3-30W CFL bulbs
2 - Reflector work lights that I use with CFL's
Z96 LED light

Would I be able to benefit from your video if all I had was the above to work with? I realize that your video is probably aimed at someone with the equipment to do it "right" but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

Thanks,

Tony

Barry_Green
04-07-2011, 06:12 PM
We mainly talk about using light. The actual fixture that creates the light isn't something that we obsess too much over. We do make the case for using pro gear and what benefits it brings, but in general we talk about working with hardlights and softlight, how to harden and soften the various types of lights, and where to place them. The two things that matter most are the quality of the light (i.e., hard or soft) and where it's positioned. You could certainly be able to do some good lighting with fixtures such as what you've got.

tcarretti
04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Barry,

Thanks so much for the quick response. Looks like you'll have another order in the very near future!

Tony

David Jimerson
04-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Yep, that's one of the things we stress -- the light itself is the tool -- what makes the light isn't nearly as important as long as you know how to control and manipulate it -- and why you're doing it. That's what we show you.

But we do have a good hour and a half demystifying the pro gear so that you'll know what's what when you're ready to take that step.

jayhink
04-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Received my DVD set last week and have watched it twice. It's very well done and inspires you to get out whatever lighting gear you own and get to work. A nice mix of discussion, vignettes, lecture, pro interviews and practical real-world examples.

Thanks guys!

David Jimerson
04-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Excellent! If it inspires you to get out there and do some work, that's the best reaction we could hope for.

CRProductions
04-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm still new (actually aspiring if you want to be technical) but after reading through more than half of these pages, I decided this was a MUST HAVE for me..so, I ordered both DVDs (Lighting and Sound) just now, can not WAIT until they get here!

David Jimerson
04-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Will ship Monday. You're just up the road, so you might get them on Tuesday . . . quick enough? :)

CRProductions
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Will ship Monday. You're just up the road, so you might get them on Tuesday . . . quick enough? :)

I'm salivating, seriously...I purposefully ordered them ASAP because I'm shooting my first short at the end of the month and I wanted any and all pointers I could get (even though I'm not directing).

drakira
05-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Just ordered the lighting and sound dvd bundle. Looking forward to it.

David Jimerson
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Shipped! Thanks, Ana.

meauounji
05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Just ordered mine, looking forward to it!

ollywood88
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
what do you learn in this DVD?

Do you learn lighting laws about inverse square rule?

How much is it for the UK dvd? Great job bringing this DVD :)

heard great things :)_

David Jimerson
05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Check my sig for a link to the excerpts reel (scroll down) which tells you what's in the set. The Inverse Square Rule is absolutely in there (and any Lighting tutorial would be remiss not having it!).

Ordering in the UK may be simplest by ordering from:

http://www.smartdv.co.uk/section.php/52/0/936d6e1565d0816234838dea35f5adea

simonpwood
05-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Is it possible to get the DVD sent International by DHL (or other courier)? I live in Uganda and items tend to get lost by regular mail (or take forever).

David Jimerson
05-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I will send you a PM, simon.

simonpwood
05-27-2011, 02:23 PM
I will send you a PM, simon.

Thanks David; I just PM'd you back. I think I called you 'Jim' in the email; sorry!

David Jimerson
05-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Everyone does. Why, I'm not entirely sure. :)

Well, except for one reviewer of the Sound DVD who called me "Art." That one has NO explanation . . .

simonpwood
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Arranged payment by PayPal - let me know when you ship!
Cheers, Simon.

David Jimerson
05-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Will do. Thanks!

David Jimerson
06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Woo-hoo! Lighting for Film and Television wins a Videographer Awards Award of Excellence!

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Awesome David!

David Jimerson
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Awesome for you too, Jack! :)

simonpwood
06-10-2011, 02:09 AM
The dvd arrived in Entebbe safe and sound today - pretty quick considering the usual amount of time it takes!

Thanks.

David Jimerson
06-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Good to know!

thome
06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
My order was to take 10 days to kenya?not yet?can't wait

David Jimerson
06-12-2011, 03:05 PM
That was a guess. :) We've never shipped to Kenya before, so we're not sure how long it'll actually take. But hasn't quite been 10 days yet. :) Hopefully you'll see it soon.

thome
06-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Is there a way to track it?not here yet.....anxious customer here :)

thome
06-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Woo-hoo! Lighting for Film and Television wins a Videographer Awards Award of Excellence!
this makes the wait seem longer....good news!!!

David Jimerson
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I sent you an e-mail. :)

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Writer/Director of the two shorts on the disc here.

Wanted to let you know that one of them, UNAWAKENING will air this weekend in AUSTIN FILM FESTIVAL's PBS series ON STORY (Austin's KLRU).
This week's episode is about suspense and features interviews form SHANE BLACK (LETHAL WEAPON, KISS KISS BANG BANG), and TED TALLY (SILENCE OF THE LAMBS), and other big shots. And then strangely, me and our film.

You can watch the episode online now at
http://video.klru.tv/video/2022712957
And see the short UNWAKENING that's on the disc.
:beer:

bwwd
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Little Mouth To Feed was inspired by The Orphanage, right ? At least by the look of it IMO

David Jimerson
07-07-2011, 03:33 PM
The Orphanage was released a few months after LMTF. Maybe they were inspired by us. :)

bwwd
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah weird :)

Jack Daniel Stanley
07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Little Mouth To Feed was inspired by The Orphanage, right ? At least by the look of it IMO
The Orphange had it's wide release in Spain in 10/2007, and then US release in 1/2008.
We were wrapped before October and screened online in 11/2007 at DVXuser. IMDB has LMTF's release as 2008 because more post work was done on the film after it's DVXuser screening (which also gives it another year or so of viability for festivals).
LMTF did not screen theatrically until festival play in 2008.

I actually wanted a much harder noir look which was more inspired by Eraserhead than anything else. I was too chicken to go black and white though. Macgregor the DP however, on reading the script, felt a more period oil lamp sort of look in terms of the lighting was more germane, and we wound up going that way. I think it was the better decision with only one caveat - I'd wanted the baby to appear 1st from total darkness like Brando's bald head in Apocalypse Now. So it made that horror moment a bit trickier to pull off - the absence of complete black noir shadowing - and the baby prop was not up to full light scrutiny, but overall the look served the short greatly I think. It's more Flora's world. The only material Mac and I referenced was The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, a lighting look which we referrd to as "oil lamp"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FsN_utDELE
Though we did not go as far as some of their sepia grading.

yeah weird :)

It might seem less weird though when you consider the following - The Orphanage is one of my favorite films of all times. I mean really - top 3 or 5. I was even talking to the director once slated for the American remake about working on the project as his assistant ("assistant to", not "assistant director"), until that director and studio moved on from each other. That was 2009 and the remake has yet to go into production. So I guess you can take from that that there's just some shared themes at work in both films which interest J.A. Bayona and myself, though I would not mean to suggest that LMTF is on par with the Orphanage.

As for the look, while they're both in somewhat bucolic settings, the Orphanage is more refined while LMTF is more rundown and grungy, IMO. The leads do look similar in someways, at times. And another similarity, the names - Laura in The Orphanage and Flora in LMTF. But again, to me, they're more similar thematically than in the way they look, even though they do look somewhat similar.

simonpwood
07-08-2011, 05:16 AM
I finished the Lighting DVD a while back. I really enjoyed the 2 movies, and I felt the best nuggets of practical hands-on lighting information came from the discussions about the 2 films (although the rest of the dvd was informative and surprisingly easy to watch). That Jesse James film was so beautiful to look at in every way; one of my favorites. You did a good job creating that look.

David Jimerson
07-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks, Simon!

That was by design; the DVD is structured to give you a very accessible, easy-to-understand grounding the principles and artistic motivations of lighting, and then the breakdowns of the films apply it in practical, hands-on ways. Seems like you got it just the way we'd hoped. :)

fmaudio
07-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Wow, I got the bundle yesterday and I watched the lighting DVD's (3) and I learned so much stuff about the equipment that my wishing list for lighting equipment was cut in half because of the techniques I learned from this guys. Sometimes the lack of basic knowledge or maybe information you forgot over the years you want to solve it thinking there is a new "product" to achieve the look you are looking for.
If you guys are looking after "a little mouth to feed" you'll be surprised about the equipment and technique used in this short.
Awesome stuff, looking forward to watch the Sound DVD...did anybody say popcorn?...

Cheers!!

Fellipe
07-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Please, offer a downloadable version :)

Jack Daniel Stanley
07-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow, I got the bundle yesterday and I watched the lighting DVD's (3) and I learned so much stuff about the equipment that my wishing list for lighting equipment was cut in half because of the techniques I learned from this guys. Sometimes the lack of basic knowledge or maybe information you forgot over the years you want to solve it thinking there is a new "product" to achieve the look you are looking for.
If you guys are looking after "a little mouth to feed" you'll be surprised about the equipment and technique used in this short.
Awesome stuff, looking forward to watch the Sound DVD...did anybody say popcorn?...

Cheers!!
That's awesome FM, very cool re the lighting equipment shopping list.

Please, offer a downloadable version :)
This way madness lies :)

Tom Shortridge
08-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Ordered - looking forward to it!

MattyP
09-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Just ordered both sound and lighting. Based on all the comments I've read here, I'm really looking forward to it. :D

David Jimerson
09-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks, Matty! Will ship tomorrow.

David Jimerson
09-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Just to let you know - Lighting and Sound are also available in bundles with the new AF100 DVD!

http://www.wrightsvillebeachstudios.com/bundles.html

arroway
09-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Does it touch on LED lighting at all?

David Jimerson
09-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Yes, we discuss LED lights in the Gear segments.

David Jimerson
10-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Segment from Disc 3: Case Studies -- Macgregor and Barry going through lighting breakdown of one of the scenes from Unawakening. It's on YouTube; thought it may be of some interest here . . . I think it's cool, anyway . . . :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5gir9d8Rc

Michael Solomon
10-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Finally caving and purchasing this tomorrow. Too many rave reviews to pass it up =P

Eagerly looking forward to watching it

yesky
10-11-2011, 07:10 AM
:shocked:

David Jimerson
10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks, Michael! Will ship tomorrow.

Michael Solomon
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Very excited to receive it! Hope USPS is fast!

d1rector
11-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Just ordered the bundle. The reviews and the sample reels look amazing. Can't wait to get this.
Thanks in advance and best regards from Switzerland.
-Leon

David Jimerson
11-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks, Leon! Will ship today.

Trucci
11-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to David and Barry for these DVDs and I highly recommend them to anyone who wonders how professional looking cinematic lighting is achieved. This is the perfect DVD for aspiring filmmakers who want to make their productions look a lot better. I got these as a prize in FictionFEST this year, but I would have purchased them anyways had I not won. The following is a mini review.

What's great about this DVD is that it teaches you exactly what you want to know from experts in the field. Not only does Barry know his stuff, he explains it in a crystal clear way that every layman can understand. His voice is dynamic and keeps you engaged throughout the whole video. It's very thorough and covers topics you weren't even expecting but glad they did (i.e. avoiding blowing the circuits in your house). Comedic sequences are sprinkled in to show a point and to prevent the viewer from being overwhelmed by hours of pure instruction. They can be a bit cheesy, but don't skip them as they have very important lessons to teach.

The gear section really caught me up on the different lighting options I have. I can now confidently plan out what kind of lighting rig I want for my next project without having to scour through forums sorting through contradicting information.

This DVD is also a time saver if you ever planned on testing lighting setups yourself. Barry takes the key light and places it at every angle on a model to show you the effects of the light at each position. Then he shows you the effect of a fill light and a hair light with commentary on how they can effectively be used. You always read about this three point lighting setup, but nowhere else can you actually see the effects of each light and have an expert commentator tell you why you would want them there.

If there's any field where training can be benefited by the video format, it's video lighting (duh right?). You can get a hundred books on lighting (even with pictures), but they'll never be able to show you exactly what they're talking about like Lighting for Film and Television does.

I also recommend Sound for Film and Television for people who feel their sound production is lacking (it's 50% of film). I have some background in audio engineering so a lot of it was stuff I already knew. Still, there were some cool techniques I learned that I didn't know about before (that boom masking is ingenious). This is the Lighting Film thread so I digress.

To sum it all up, get this DVD now. If the price has made you hesitant, think of it this way. It's still costs less than a day of film school and you'll need more than a day to absorb all the information. I only wish this DVD existed back in the DVX days.

David Jimerson
11-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the review! Glad you got so much out of them!

DevonH
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm about to place my order today. Do you guys cover gels and diffusion?

David Jimerson
12-20-2011, 11:09 AM
We do!

DevonH
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Awesome! Just placed my order!

DevonH
12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Already shipped? You guys certainly do rock.

David Jimerson
01-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Lighting for Film and Television wins the Ava Awards 2011 Platinum trophy!

Jack Daniel Stanley
01-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow. That's Awesome. Congrats!

Cryogenic Filmworks
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Congrats on the award win

Jr4089
02-20-2012, 11:21 PM
just placed my order, also congrats on the win

David Jimerson
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for both!

RajivMudgal
04-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Ordered both Audio and Lighting as a gift to my son.
and congrats on the win.
Now all he needs is a good training on "Editing and Finishing"

David Jimerson
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks, Rajiv -- shipped today!

Mark Stevens
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Got this a while ago and have been meaning to say how helpful I found and am still finding it. Covers everything from the basics to the more complex setups and teaches you how to light for yourself based on the situation.

Barry_Green
05-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Glad you like it, Mark! :)

David Jimerson
05-22-2012, 07:57 AM
LIGHTING for Film and Television is now available for digital download!

Check it out here:

http://www.wrightsvillebeachstudios.com/lighting_dl.html

It will be available for download from the DVXuser order page soon, too!

Gizmosgadget
06-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi David.

Can I still order the DVD? It appears it's only available as a download.

Thank you.

LIGHTING for Film and Television is now available for digital download!

Check it out here:

http://www.wrightsvillebeachstudios.com/lighting_dl.html

It will be available for download from the DVXuser order page soon, too!

David Jimerson
06-20-2012, 07:38 AM
I'll send a PM.

Panupat
07-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Signed up to ask about this. Will you ship it over sea? I live in Thailand and really want to see this DVD. Or a digital download if that's more convenient :)

Thanks.

David Jimerson
07-17-2012, 05:31 AM
It is available for download. :)

Panupat
07-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Bought it :) Great sense of humor you guys have there.

David Jimerson
07-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Glad you like it!

HorseFilms
07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
I found this very entertaining. Good work, gentlemen! :beer:

David Jimerson
07-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks, Horse!

davestrada
07-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I recently purchased the downloadable version of the videos. Had some trouble at first with the download, but the people at WBS where very helpful and went the extra mile to help.

LuckyStudio 13
09-14-2012, 12:44 PM
This DVD set is the most complete and practical application of lighting ever. I wish this was available when I was starting out. A definite MUST HAVE for aspiring DP and filmmaker.

David Jimerson
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the review!

yophoto91
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
David,

I know it's available for download, but any chance I can still purchase the Lighting/Sound DVD set? The link below lists the DVD, but if I make the purchase will I just receive the digital code?

http://www.wrightsvillebeachstudios.com/holiday.html

Thanks,

Mark

David Jimerson
11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
No, those will be the physical DVDs, not the downloads.

Victor Nhat Nguyen
11-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Funny thing... I posted a thread in the marketplace for a used copy of lighting and sound for film and television. Then a few minute later, I saw a black Friday sale for it in the cinematography sub-forum ( ask to see if you can put it back in the cinematography sub-forum, I would have never found it if it wasn't there), and bought it right away. Excited to watch it but I'm kinda bum out that I still have to spent so much money ( I'm a student ). Maybe you'll give a student discount to future buyer?

David Jimerson
11-23-2012, 09:12 AM
The current sale of 50% off is better than any student discount we'd ever give. :) Thanks for the order!

Nick_Bibbo
11-24-2012, 03:18 PM
The current sale of 50% off is better than any student discount we'd ever give. :) Thanks for the order!

Is the sale still going on? REALLY WOULD LOVE TO BUY THE LIGHTING DVD!

David Jimerson
11-24-2012, 04:10 PM
No, it was a Black Friday sale; ended last night. :)

Nick_Bibbo
11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
No, it was a Black Friday sale; ended last night. :)
This makes me very sad. :-( any chance at all I could still game 50% OFF?

Nick_Bibbo
11-24-2012, 04:15 PM
**still get**

David Jimerson
11-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately, no; that sale is over. :(

Victor Nhat Nguyen
11-24-2012, 07:19 PM
really was the best sale ever... sucks that not a lot of people know about it...

Nick_Bibbo
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately, no; that sale is over. :(

Serosly, if I knew about it I would have bought it the second the sale was on. Been wanting to buy for over a year now....i have the sound dvd.

Martin Landsburg
12-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi, I have just paid for my download via PayPal, then was redirected to the download page.
I copied the links to my download manager, started the first two lighting discs, then decided to stop them
and download the sound one first as my internet connection is inconsistent and low bandwidth.

THEN I read the confirmation email stating that a restart counts as 1 download,
and we only get 3 tries! And only 2 days to attempt your downloads!
I understand this policy is in place perhaps to prevent piracy,
but it makes the buyer's options quite difficult. My download may break whether
I use a download manager or not. I feel the warning should be on the redirect page with
the links. Hope I get lucky and can manage to get my downloads in one piece.

David Jimerson
12-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi, Martin --

Thanks for the order!

We don't actually have any control over what's on the redirect page -- that's controlled by the downloading service.

Rest assured, if something happens and you're not able to download, we will make sure you get your product. If the links expire before you can do it, shoot an e-mail to the address in the confirmation e-mail -- info@wrightsvillebeachstudios.com

Martin Landsburg
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
thank you David, that puts my mind at ease. Watching the sound DVD now!

kwkeirstead
12-23-2012, 09:24 AM
I found Lighting for Sound and Television to be extremely useful. My work takes me to places where I have to rely on my own lighting. Lugging expensive, delicate equipment around is something I prefer to avoid. Same rationale for my tripod. I like my 10 lb Manfrotto studio tripod. After much experimentation I found a 12 foot pair of light stands that are solid and easy to assemble. I continue to use my construction light sources 300 w x 2 x4 with "Bounce" fabric softeners as diffusers (one or two sheets gets rid of glare and eliminates shadows from the cage). The two tripods cost me $160.64104

David Jimerson
09-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Check out the new excerpts reel on the order page -- click below!

Vic5
12-16-2013, 11:42 PM
These DVDs are very informative. I would recommend them to anyone!

One question though; In he last segment, you seem to have used some 3D software for storyboarding. Which one is this?

David Jimerson
12-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the review!

I did all of the 3D modeling in Sony Vegas, with some set pieces created in Adobe Illustrator.