PDA

View Full Version : Fairground video

Adventsam
10-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Hi, I dont post many video, mostly they are home stuff but I thought this may be of interest for a few amateurs like myself to show what can be done with just the 20mm with right footage, at night at "the fair". All 720p,50, all MF'd incl. the initial OOF to in-Focus all hand-held, not difficult with the gh1 and 20mm so light and focused via the EVF.

Any comments most welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_3UogqYaDE

terra1
10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
nice vibrant colours from the lights, would have been great fixed on a tripod, i had to listen to it with the volume down as that song makes me want to jump off the edge of the world! haha.
manual focus is tricky handheld, i shot at a funfair once... but i didn't manage to hit anyone! (just kidding) i used a 50mm f1.4 manual FD and it looked great on the lights and spinning rides, i had the tripod tho so i could keep it locked while i concentrated fully on just focusing.

Adventsam
10-08-2010, 01:33 AM
nice vibrant colours from the lights, would have been great fixed on a tripod, i had to listen to it with the volume down as that song makes me want to jump off the edge of the world! haha.

Yes, the music is shocking but its how it is, it would of been nice to add some more contempory type music but somehow this seemed a better fit, makes me cringe too but does go well, LOL.

manual focus is tricky handheld, i shot at a funfair once... but i didn't manage to hit anyone! (just kidding) i used a 50mm f1.4 manual FD and it looked great on the lights and spinning rides, i had the tripod tho so i could keep it locked while i concentrated fully on just focusing.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, cheers.