PDA

View Full Version : New Members: Profile, PM, etc Permissions. READ THIS FIRST

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jason Ramsey
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I've been getting quite a few emails, so I guess I should have made a thread about this some time ago (if it will actually help :) )

If you've registered on the forum recently and do not have any posts on the boards, you will find that you cannot send private messages or edit your profile, your signature, etc.

This is a necessary restriction to help keep a pesky type of spammers at a minimum. Once you make a post on the forum somewhere, a short time after you will be promoted to a usergroup that will allow you full permissions.

If you need to make a post to do this, feel free to make your first one here and introduce yourself :)

Thanks.

Later,
Jason

ron517
09-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi Jason. Nice to meet you. My name is Ron Gordon and I am a "newbie" here on the website. Is it alright if I ask you some questions regarding the AG-DVX100B?

ryan brown
09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Bring it on Ron. Ask away... there's an entire section of these boards dedicated to the dvx100, so just scroll down to find the correct section, and post away. Welcome aboard, and we hope you stick around. There is more knowledge within the members here than almost imaginable.

Joe Shaw
09-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Can't I change my name?!

Any chance I can change my username to my real name? Have emailed several times but gave up. This thread might just hold the answer...

Cheers!

Noel Evans
09-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Good call Jason. This is a great spot for people to post up and introduce themselves.

Jason Ramsey
09-28-2010, 01:40 AM
post what you want for your username here, jshaw...

Joe Shaw
09-28-2010, 02:53 AM
After careful consideration, and resisting the temptation to change my name to something like Joe Bokeh , my own name - Joe Shaw - would be great thanks.

Cheers Jason

tv-bay
10-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Well.. here we are. Trying to keep informed about what's happening in the DVXuser world. I hope I can contribute...

Wilbur Eddings
10-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Hi. i'm Wilbur (well ok, I'm not really Wilbur, but I'll be Wilbur so I can hang out here for a bit cos if the people around me knew how technically clueless I actually am... )

I don't know how long i'll be trolling these forums but kudos for a great community and a place for almost every DV answer possible!

Yay! Soon we'll be making 6k movies on our watch phones!

Everts
10-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello !

Paul Cronin
10-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum. I have been posting on DVinfo and Reduser for years and was told by a few buddies that I should expand and visit the site. Look forward to helping out and learning some new tricks.

Cheers,
Paul Cronin
www.whitecapvideo.com

Jason Ramsey
10-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Welcome aboard...

Later,
Jaosn

filmsnobbery
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
My name is Nic Baisley and I'm the host and producer of FilmSnobbery Live! I'm a huge fan of this forum and have been a lurker for awhile! I hope to get to know all the great filmmakers that post here!

Deniz Coker
10-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey everyone! I'm Deniz and I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally decided to sign up. Thanks so much for this resource!

Cameron Wilson
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Hello

CineStill
10-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Hello Great site! My name is Richard Williams from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia and I am enjoying reading and learning about the AF100 which I am looking forward to using my Nikon lenses on. Cheers Richard. (business name - CineStill)

CallaghanFilms
10-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Jason. Nice to meet you. My name is Ron Gordon and I am a "newbie" here on the website. Is it alright if I ask you some questions regarding the AG-DVX100B?

Well.. here we are. Trying to keep informed about what's happening in the DVXuser world. I hope I can contribute...

Hi. i'm Wilbur (well ok, I'm not really Wilbur, but I'll be Wilbur so I can hang out here for a bit cos if the people around me knew how technically clueless I actually am... )

I don't know how long i'll be trolling these forums but kudos for a great community and a place for almost every DV answer possible!

Yay! Soon we'll be making 6k movies on our watch phones!

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum. I have been posting on DVinfo and Reduser for years and was told by a few buddies that I should expand and visit the site. Look forward to helping out and learning some new tricks.

Cheers,
Paul Cronin
www.whitecapvideo.com

My name is Nic Baisley and I'm the host and producer of FilmSnobbery Live! I'm a huge fan of this forum and have been a lurker for awhile! I hope to get to know all the great filmmakers that post here!

Hey everyone! I'm Deniz and I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally decided to sign up. Thanks so much for this resource!

Hello

Hello Great site! My name is Richard Williams from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia and I am enjoying reading and learning about the AF100 which I am looking forward to using my Nikon lenses on. Cheers Richard. (business name - CineStill)

"From now on, your (Dee Vee Ex) name is Weasel....From now on, your name is Mothball......Kroger, your (Dee Vee Ex) name is Pinto."
"Why Pinto?"
"Why not?"
"What's my (Dee Vee Ex) name?"
"Dorfman, l've given this a lot of thought. From now on, your name is Flounder..."

filmcritic
10-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi my names David. I joined a couple days ago. I produce and edit, primarily edit as of recent. I live in concord where there are not too many filmmakers but I plan to move to LA in a year. I'm starting to do some photography as well, just for fun. I have worked on two features and many shorts. Hoping to get a gig on a feature sometime again. If anyone has any helpful suggestions or thoughts on how to raise money for a feature let me know. My friend is wrapping up his script and we are debating the best way to go about raising a budget. I am hoping to meet some people here that make films in the bay area as well. My friend and I won the Making Movie Throughout The Bay, MMTB, event the first time we attended. Went to that looking for some serious filmmakers but only found a bunch of people with too much free time. If anyone is interested in collaborating on anything hit me up. Looking forward to next years Cine Gear Expo, and the Red camera whenever they come out with it. Well I think that pretty much sums it up. Cya.

Wilbur Eddings
10-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Hi my names David. I joined a couple days ago. I produce and edit, primarily edit as of recent. I live in concord where there are not too many filmmakers but I plan to move to LA in a year. I'm starting to do some photography as well, just for fun. I have worked on two features and many shorts. Hoping to get a gig on a feature sometime again. If anyone has any helpful suggestions or thoughts on how to raise money for a feature let me know. My friend is wrapping up his script and we are debating the best way to go about raising a budget. I am hoping to meet some people here that make films in the bay area as well. My friend and I won the Making Movie Throughout The Bay, MMTB, event the first time we attended. Went to that looking for some serious filmmakers but only found a bunch of people with too much free time. If anyone is interested in collaborating on anything hit me up. Looking forward to next years Cine Gear Expo, and the Red camera whenever they come out with it. Well I think that pretty much sums it up. Cya.

Filmcritic?

*Runs off to buy silver bullets and sharpen wooden stakes*

filmcritic
10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Filmcritic?

*Runs off to buy silver bullets and sharpen wooden stakes*

LOL. Theres no need for those I only suck the blood of those who deserve it. Most of the time I try to leave honest feedback and constructive criticism.

JohnnySilvis
11-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi there,

My name is Johnny and I'm an aspiring filmmaker and film student based in Florida. It's a pleasure to be here and part of this community. I look forward to contributing helpful and knowledgable information as well as receiving some in return.

I look forward to speaking with a lot of you.

Thanks so much!

~ Johnny Silvis.

jevans
11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi. My name is Jim Evans and I am located just North of Dayton, OH. I started playing with photography about 53 years ago and then got a degree in Commercial Photography and went pro in 1988.

I have thought about Video for years and I have finally decided to jump in. My hmc150 arrives tomorrow!

Video seems to be very different from still work but I am sure that much of what I have gained in knowledge over the years will be adaptable and very useful. Am looking forward to using these forums to learn and seek advice.

Noel Evans
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi Johhny, Jim

Welcome aboard.

kevtim
12-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Hi all

Signed up a couple of days ago but have been scanning the forum for a while. I'm pleased to say the forum persuaded me to purchase the Panasonic ag-dvx100b over the Canon XL2. I'm from snowy England and have up until recently been making videos in my spare time for family and friends on my Canon MVX20i using iMovie (although I've recently stepped up to Final Cut Express 4). Over the passed 6 years I've mostly record gigs, weddings, although I do tend to use the camcorder to document my own art work as well. Anybody with a love of pre-cinema devices might like to check out the pedal powered phenakistoscope on Axis:

http://www.axisweb.org/seCVPG.aspx?ARTISTID=14263

I also have a real love for shooting and developing Super 8 film!

Anyway the reason for signing up is for help. Over the next year me and my mate hope to become self taught in the art of video. We want to step our amateur vids up and get them to another level. We'll need advice on everything from how to use this beautiful camcorder in practice to setting up operating systems, which programs to use, what external hard drive is best etc... Lots of questions basically.

Hopefully I might be able to contribute to the forum myself but for the most part might remain silent for the first few months as not to look like a fool! I pick things up pretty quick so I should be helping out here in no time. Any useful links to other sites that might help me in my quest to master video would be very much appreciated!

Regards
Kevin

unlearny
12-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi everybody, my name is Andy and Unlearny!

I'm sans clue in the technical department, been waiting the last 15 years for the technology to stabilize, or something. DIY

wei yi
12-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone
I'm new in this field and hope you all be my friends!

Jon Mac
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow, kevtim, that pedal powered thingamajig is awesome! The name is even fun to say. Good luck with your videos -- this looks like a great place to learn :)

Andy Mangrum
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello Everyone

This is Andy From Convergent Design,

It is always good to get feedback from customers on things done well, and not, to a degree.

ZackandJoshVideos
12-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey guys, this will only be Josh posting here. Just to fill you guys in, my friend Zack and I have been making films for what seems like years now...and we're only seniors in high school. Been making videos since at least the 5th grade. Learned most, if not all, of what we know from personal experience and from just watching movies. We have done just about everything from epic attempts at a non-stop action movie to hilarious music videos to horror-comedy shorts to high school lipdubs. I look forward to seeing others' work and trying to give advice.

Jarek Zabczynski
12-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Greetings all. Not new here, just saying hi. I've recently had my username changed to my real name. I signed up when the original DVX came out. Well, I've grown up since then, so has my career. I just wanted my name here to grow up with me.

- Jarek aka JesterJJZ

Michael Coyle
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm new here, and just starting to get back into production. Did TV, film and such 10 yrs ago, and am just now getting back into producing video as a more flexible medium. Looking forward to learning & sharing.

mc2

Delta One
01-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Heyo! Just joining and I'm stoked. This forum appears to contain a vast wealth of information; excuse me while I dive in.

Minor Threat
01-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello all, just a quick introductory note from Minor Threat here in Canada!
Recently purchaced an HVX-200P and found this site searching FAQ's about my camera...

I'm excited to learn and be inspired by the endless information in this forum and even share any filming tips or pointers of my own!
Happy 2011!
MT.

Neil Richards
01-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Hi Jason and everyone,

Just joined the forum as I've recently stepped out of the semiconductor industry to "do my own thing" and give my left brain a bit of exercise.

I'm in the south west of the UK and currently setting up a little content creation business covering music, photography and HD video with a particular interest in 3D. Recently bought a Pannie GH2 and have an AF101 on order. Been playing with an SDT750 camcorder for the 3D trials I've been doing but will soon hire something a bit more pro to take it further. I'm currently working on a pilot project with a friend who is a corporate training video producer to explore the use of 3D in education and training.

There's lots of clever people in the business on this forum and I have a lot to learn so looking forward to getting to know people and hopefully contributing something in return :)

Cheers

Neil

Nori Kude
01-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Hi from Okinawa, Japan.
I've been using the GH1 for 18 months, and just registered for this forum.

I'm looking for lots of learning and sharing.

Nori

DeathbedStudios
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Nice to meet you all. My name is Adam. I'm currently studying Film at Temple. :D

garrettaudio
01-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi,

nice community. I do sound work in the New England area but wanted to get some good video info as well...so here I am :)

fstopsfitzgerald
01-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Glad to be a member of this site. I've learned a lot already! -Robert

willot
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Just registered. Name is william combs. Interested in sound /mixer information. KOOL to be apart of DVXuser . ??? on PSC devices. Peace
Any suggestions on mixers. Looking at PSC m4 Mk 2. or SD 302. Don't seem to find many sd 302 used?

aspartame
02-01-2011, 12:03 PM
hello, this is Angela, noob as well.
i'm in need of decent tutorials on lighting tricks, anyone?

Jason Ramsey
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Welcome aboard :)

I would suggest starting with the sticky threads found here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?27-Lighting

for advice on lighting

Later,
Jason

Shane-in-NC
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Hello,
My name is Shane and I am jumping from SD to HD...so I figured it was time to stop reading the boards and start interacting. I look forward to posting some questions for the experts and gather input from fellow filmmakers.

andythefilmer
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Jason, are we able to change our usergroup's? I am sure people aren't, but I am just curious, because I am 16 years old, and a senior member... LOL

tsundereblog
02-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Hi all. I joined upon interest as I'm working on my IB mock film project at the moment~! >_<

Noel Evans
02-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Welcome those that recently joined. Enjoy your time at dvxuser.com .

radames_e
02-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Hello.

My name is Rad and I’m a noob aspiring photographer/filmmaker. Anyway the reason for signing up is to learn and for help. Any information to improve my knowledge is welcomed; please any honest feedback and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rad

seacid
02-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi, i'm Ramon, found this group only recently. Been shooting for movies, commercals and tv shows for 10 years. My Forte is Underwater shoots. I am currently using a HVX200 with a Gates housing, a sony fx7 with an ikelite housing and a sanyo xacti hd2000 with an epoch hosing.

My view is you can always learn something new and forums are a great resource of information and techniques. I'm sure I will learn a lot here.

mörkö
03-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi all,

Just introducing myself. I'm Mörkö (not really, I prefer to have some anonymity at least for now), from a small european country. I'm a young production designer/art director/prop master that almost makes a (very poor) living out of working in short and feature films.

Art direction does not seem to have strong online communities, or I haven't found them :) Just registered and maybe I will be checking the production design area from time to time, to exchange ideas, help or to ask for help. There has been some inspiring topics so maybe I will stick around.

Cheers!

Noel Evans
03-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Hi guys - there are no noobs here. Just like minded people at different levels. Enjoy your time here.

ome
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Jason, hi everybody,
I'm am a french ENG cameraman. I've been filming for 20 years with every kind of video camera and own now a GH2. I'm happy to play with it and happy to join your community.

Brian Erickson
03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm a film student, and I just bought myself a Panasonic GH2 (as per recommendation of the users on this board), and am looking forward to sharing my love for all things video camera related with you guys!

jjsj
03-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Hello Jason and DVXUSER community. My name is Joe and live in Las Vegas. Started in the biz in the mid '70's prepping Chevrolet's for tv commercials and print ad's. Those were the Deardorf 8x10 days. Then got involved in rigging cameras for stills and motion and got into special effects. Then came the digital days. I'm interested in diy camera rigs mainly geared toward the dslr and shoot with the mark II. I've built carbon fiber jib arms, remote heads, dutch rolls, and accessories for these small cameras and it seems to be endless now. I explore this forum daily and find it very interesting. Looking forward to learning great things and possibly sharing a few tips. Thanks! Joe.

Erik Olson
03-11-2011, 08:05 AM
jjsj,

Welcome to the forum - I too come from a long background in process work, jibs and analog VFX. Make yourself at home!

fireeater
03-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I am from California, this is a great forum indeed. I am glad to be here.

regards

Loremaster
03-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello!

I stumbled upon this forum while looking up information on some equipment. I am an amateur, and I am looking to learn more.

RonCalhoun
03-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi, I'm Ron. I love video production. Recently got a Panasonic 150, love it. However, I have a lot of questions.

Jason Ramsey
03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Welcome aboard, everyone :)

bladerunner
03-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi guys.

My names Bob and will be asking really dumb questions once I get my new PC up and running with the Sony Vegas HD platenum 10 installed, so please be kind. :D

Amoraald
03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I have bought a Gh1 on Saturday 18 March 2010. Checked on Internet for info and came across this site . Would like to try the video hack.

digital_walnut
03-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Hello - I've been lurking for a bit, and would like to start participating. After finishing art school and working in social services for three years, I've been itching to get back into filmmaking and this seems like a good crowd to be in touch with.

adeguzman
03-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey everybody! My name is Alex, obviously new to the site. I am a film student at Full Sail University and I just ordered an HVX, so stoked to get it.

cwhitereporting
03-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the advice. I joined because I have some questions about my dvx that I can't find in the manual. Maybe if I knew how to read japanese it would help. Thanks and looking forward to a great forum.

chris white

Chapin
03-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Hello there. I'm brand new to registering on this site though I've been reading it for some time! I've recently had to part with my HVX-200 and still have my very nice Panasonic 60 gb P2 Store for downloading P2 cards. I thought there might be someone in Los Angeles who uses DVXUser who might like to purchase it. Is it okay to post DVX equipment for sale on your site?

mikkowilson
03-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello there. I'm brand new to registering on this site though I've been reading it for some time! I've recently had to part with my HVX-200 and still have my very nice Panasonic 60 gb P2 Store for downloading P2 cards. I thought there might be someone in Los Angeles who uses DVXUser who might like to purchase it. Is it okay to post DVX equipment for sale on your site?

Yes, but please do so in the "DVXuser Marketplace": http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?17-MarketPlace-Buying-Gear
We also ask that all members are contributing members of the community as a whole; providing help and insight when they can.
Thanks and welcome to DVXuser!

- Mikko

green_machine
03-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Glad to be here on DVXuser!

Chapin
03-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the information, MIkko! I will post on the "Marketplace" page. I will also be sure to contribute whenever I can. DVXUser has been very helpful to me over the years, hopefully I can return the favor.

- Chapin

lime light power
04-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Just joined. Thanks for having a place for us to introduce ourselves. I am the Director of Biz Development for a renewable energy company and we're looking to start filming a lot of our work... we'd like to have a library of video and will figure out what to do with it later - obviously post to youtube and other sites, but we have our thoughts on bigger ideas... I've been searching around for gear and asking lots of questions of people but I feel everyone is simply just trying to sell you something, so I'd rather go to an independent source where I can get some real / good information... I'll do a little searching around here and then will "start the process" of asking silly questions that you guys probably know the answers to but I don't... any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thx,

Ken Fields
Lime Light Renewable Energy

Bill Clar
04-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Hello again. I'm trying to be more active and less of a lurker. I sold my DVX100B and I'm on a quest to find the right HDSLR for me. I'm also interested in screenwriting and film discussion.

Would it be possible to change my username to my real name, "Bill Clar"? I find it's easier to network this way, and it removes any cloud of anonymity from which I can hide. Thus, I have to think before I type. :-)

mrcool83
04-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi my name is stephen how is everyone today?

John Minor
04-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Hello, New member, and new to video. My background is in still photography (enthusiast not pro) and have been asked to make some training videos for my place of employment. My supervisor watches how to videos on You Tube and thought it might be a good idea for use to make training videos that our customers can view at any time. I mentioned Vimeo might be a better place for that. Anyway, I work for a state governmental agency so there is no money changing hands for our customers (Cities & Counties) to access the videos. As we are testing the waters to see how this works out, there is no budget to purchase gear so I volunteered to use my E-PL2. If it is received well by our customers, money may be budgeted for better gear. Part of this exercise is to put together a wish list of bare bones equipment. Money is tight so I can't shoot for the moon now. But something in the $600 to $1000 range might be acceptable. But again we will have to get a few videos out there with the E-PL2 first. I will be here quite a bit as I have a huge learning curve, and want to make this a successful venture. So Hello, and hope to get to know some of you folks as time goes on......
Best Regards,
John

Whoiscalvin
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm Calvin, A Student Filmmaker in Hong Kong. Nice to meet you all!~

Jason Ramsey
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Hello again. I'm trying to be more active and less of a lurker. I sold my DVX100B and I'm on a quest to find the right HDSLR for me. I'm also interested in screenwriting and film discussion.

Would it be possible to change my username to my real name, "Bill Clar"? I find it's easier to network this way, and it removes any cloud of anonymity from which I can hide. Thus, I have to think before I type. :-)

Not a problem. We encourage folks to use their real names, so are always happy to see another conversion to Real Names in the community :)

--

Welcome aboard Stephen, John, Chapin, Ken, and Green Machine.

Later,
Jason

StephenGraphics
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
hi, there, found the forum looking up information about digital cinema projection and DCP packages...

Bill Clar
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Not a problem. We encourage folks to use their real names, so are always happy to see another conversion to Real Names in the community :)

Thank you, Jason!

desteini
04-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Hello everybody. I'm Dave. I've been stopping by this lovely site for a few years, but have just now taken the plunge and registered an account. I'm about to embark on a decent-sized video production quest, and I will be looking forward to getting a bit more involved here with this great resource of a community.

lmiles89
05-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm Linford, I'm a recent film graduate from Farnborough Tech (Sept 2010) and currently working at the University Of Surrey as Digital Marketing and Film making, selling my soul to the corporate world! In my spare time I work with several small production company's blowing stuff up and making short films!

Thought I would take the plunge and sign up here and look forward to meeting new people and learning and developing my skills :)

Jason Adams
05-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Awesome. Welcome Linford we are thrilled to have you.

SLavictoire
05-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry, I totally forgot to present myself. My name is Simon Lavictoire, I'm from Quebec, Canada and I studied Communications, Cinema, and I'm about one year to finish studying Television production and post-production in a program called Arts and Technologie of the Medias (Arts et Technologie des Médias) at Jonquière.

Luis Caffesse
05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome aboard, Simon.
:thumbsup:

BSmith14
05-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I might as well post here to get my account activated. Anyways... Hello My name is Bryan and I am 15 years old but have been interested in film for a while now. I edit in after effects and premiere. In the past I have used final cut express and pinnacle. I am fluent in Photoshop and my main camera is a canon t2i. I have a youtube with a lot of old stuff on there but its racking up some views. I have a bit of new content to post up irl instead of stop motion videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/bryansmith113 thats kind of why i joined is because im having problems with after effects, but ill save that post for elsewhere.

David Parsons
05-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi. Thanks for the advice, Jason. While I'm here, I may as well ask my first question concerning the HPX 171: I've been trying to install the P2 drivers, but when the computer asks me to attach the camera via the USB and click ok, when I do this, the computer doesn't seem to "see" the camera. I realise that this is really ground zero stuff for most of the people on here, but any help would be much appreciated. Or point me to the relevant link. Thanks in anticipation. David

oldjello
05-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Hello all.
My name is Paul, and I am a MFA graduate student working on my thesis film.
I will be poking my head in from time to time asking questions and hopefully answering some of yours.
I've mostly worked with Canon and JVC prosumer cameras, dabbled with the RED, and tickled the Arri Alexa. I own a XH-A1 and a 7D, and I shoot on the JVC 700u many times per week. I have no camera bias, so I'm not going to fly certain flags for specific brands. The same goes for what I use for post. I have extensive post experience with Avid, Adobe, and FCP. I have corrected color in Color, AE, and Magic Bullet-- and will take any advice to make that job easier.

I love to make films/promos/documentaries.
This is my current project:
http://charitydoc.posterous.com/

I am also going to DP another short film this summer:
http://vimeo.com/20891333

I currently have a film at the Cannes Short Film Corner (you pay the fee, you're in) called The Drone, and we will have a trailer for that shortly.

Another short film that we just completed to be released this summer is called Beyond the Basement Door.
http://vimeo.com/20276233

I appreciate any feedback.

Sputnik
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello Im new here my name is Bruce Ido have a DVX100B and glad I found this site, I been it to film and video for along time and my next camera will be the AF-100.
I found this site very usefull and hope to add any advice or help if i can Thanks

emilio613
05-18-2011, 07:08 AM
I've been a lurker for a long time, and only recently signed up for the site! Better late than never :)

I am primarly into photography and have been looking into buying a 7D so that I can take up the film aspect of the DSLR crowd/scene :)

Hope to find lots of resources on here! Thanks!

rhythms
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Hello,

My name is Eugene Huo, and I'm based in Toronto. I've been hanging around these forums for a while, having discovered dvxuser when I was trying to learn the DVX100. That was a few years ago, and Barry Green's excellent book was very helpful, of course!

I just picked up my first very own camera today, the AF100, and I'm thrilled. Naturally I also got Barry's AF100 book to go along with it.

I'm a recording engineer primarily, but photography and video have become recent passions. I'm a Mac guy, and I hope to be a more active part of this great community.

Cheers,
Eugene

Jon Hout
05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Hello all, I've been a long time lurker on these forums (especially the AF100 and DIY areas), but never got around to registering til recently. I've been shooting on my trusty DVX100B for years now, but I'm finally making the upgrade to the AF100 in the near future - hopefully I'll have something to contribute shortly on that end of things.

I've been a DP working on film and digital for the past few years, and I look forward to interacting with members of the board while further honing my craft!

amblyopia
05-27-2011, 02:00 PM
hello, I guess as you said, this is a good place to start!:)

RicoRoman
05-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi there! Brand new here, even though Ive read through countless articles without being a member. Im a 24 freelance videographer out of Minneapolis, MN. Hope to learn alot here! Thanks!

Justin R Goff
06-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello, my name is Justin Goff I have been doing filmmaking professionally for about 4 years now. I made a movie out of college that has distribution in 12 countries on blu-ray and DVD, called Four Seasons Peak Escape. Been working on production and post-production ever since.

Four Seasons Peak Escape
www.yourpeakescape.com

I also founded Innocinema June 2011. My brothers, Daryl Goff and Brian Goff, have been running ActionProducts in Europe since 1994 and in 2010, I joined the team to bring ActionProducts to North and South American markets. In addition to ActionProducts, we offer Sony, OConnor, and BarTech.

Innocinema LLC
www.innocinema.com

rocketboyroger
06-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Hi, I'm new on here so am posting in order to fully activate my membership permissions. You can also find me here:
http://vimeo.com/user3399895

E.B.
06-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Hello everyone, my name is E.B. Carradine. I am a screenwriter and low budget filmmaker. You can also find me posting at http://morningdailies.com/

DonViper
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Hello DVX users! I am a newbie to making films "for money". I've been dabbling with video for 14 years, but now with the new HD video my Canon 7D produces, I want to do a lot more.

Mark Broadbent
06-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Quick intro post to get things happening. AF102 owner in Brisbane, Australia.

yogajohn
06-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi - I'm John. I'm a yoga teacher who has been making videos for a year now for the web and want to get better at doing it and learning about how to make a quality presentation. I've also always wanted to make short movies...so I guess if I ended up knowing how to do that to I'd be happy. :-) By the way, here's a link to videos I've done -- keep in mind, I'm a yoga teacher, not a videographer (but I'm trying) http://blip.tv/johnmcconnellyoga

Luis Castaneda
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Bump. Hello.

HMJared150
06-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi i just recently registered. I posted in the Cafe but i guess that doesn't raise your post count, so i thought i'd say hello here.

Tvdie23
06-20-2011, 08:08 AM
testing testing

Capture242
06-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Im a newbie, but lovin the forum already. Its Genius.

Jason Ramsey
06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the madhouse everyone :)

WickedP
07-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Just doppin' in the new-user-account howdie! I've been registered previously but account would well and truly be gone by now. Looking forward to being, albeit, a small part of the community again.

WP.

thomthomproductions
07-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Hello all- ag af101 owner, just checking out the cook books!

Richard Allen Crook
07-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Jason, can I change my username to: Richard Allen Crook

Many thanks!

Richard Allen Crook
07-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Jason, can I change my username to: Richard Allen Crook

Many thanks!

As we say in Texas...purdy please?

Jason Ramsey
07-12-2011, 10:47 AM
yes sir... there you go...

Laer,
Jason

ihariharan
07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Jason
Thanks for the info. It makes sense to avoid spammers. And it's a coincidence that my very first professional video making with a musician named Jason James :) Shooting today... Can't wait. Looking forward to contribute and get knowledge from fellow film makers. I am excited to be part of dvxuser.
Also, I do have certain gears which am planning to upgrade. Those are from jag35. Is there any place i could post for that? Please assist for that as well. Thanks a lot!
Hariharan
www.ihariharan.com

scocub
07-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Scott. My previous experience has been limited to the DVX and HVX. I'm buying some new gear in the very near future. I look forward to contributing and getting the most I can out of this forum.

TriTri
07-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello!

Jason Ramsey
07-14-2011, 12:59 PM
...Also, I do have certain gears which am planning to upgrade. Those are from jag35. Is there any place i could post for that? Please assist for that as well. Thanks a lot!...

The 35mm Adapter sub-forum (under the filmmaking category at the moment) doesn't get much action these days, but that would be the place for 35mm adapter owners to post their questions. Welcome aboard.

Hello everyone, my name is Scott. My previous experience has been limited to the DVX and HVX. I'm buying some new gear in the very near future. I look forward to contributing and getting the most I can out of this forum.

Thanks. Welcome.

Hello!

Hello! :)

K Dunlop
07-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Hah! I knew there was something I'd missed!

Long time lurker here -- I've gotten lots of great information from these forums and hope to contribute a little myself soon.

Paul Hudson
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Hah! I knew there was something I'd missed!

Long time lurker here -- I've gotten lots of great information from these forums and hope to contribute a little myself soon.

Looking forward to it.

stoopid skater
07-23-2011, 12:45 AM
hey guys. my name is vinny and i'm new to the forums. i just want to know if this is the right forum for me for i would like to be a video editor when i get outta college and currently make music videos and skate videos. my goal is to be very talented before i even get into a school so i have a good set of skills to work with. just here to pick up some nifty tricks and such.

lucifer1306217
07-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Hello all, just a quick introductory note from Minor Threat here in Canada!
Recently purchaced an HVX-200P and found this site searching FAQ's about my camera...

I'm excited to learn and be inspired by the endless information in this forum and even share any filming tips or pointers of my own!
Happy 2011!

s7a7ba
07-30-2011, 11:04 AM
would like to edit "my profile" prior to engaging in conversations. thnx

samuel.e.rodriguez
08-01-2011, 10:05 AM
hi! my name is sam. i found this site by chance and i must say this is one GREAT resource for those of us out there trying to make our dreams a reality..thank you so much!

AdamCamera
08-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi DVXusers,

My name is Adam Finelli and this is my first time on the site. I am launching a video camera rental business in Boston called AdamCamera. AdamCamera will rent low-cost professional grade and "pro-sumer" video camera packages to independent filmmakers and videographers throughout eastern Massachusetts. I've invited DVX users to take part in the pre-release of the AdamCamera website. You can see the post under DVXuser news for more info. Looking forward to staying in touch with DVXuser.com

Sincerely,
-Adam

chrisbernard
08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi my name is Chris Bernard. Long ago I studied film and even worked in video and motion graphics for a time. For the past 15 years or so I've mostly focused on technology and UX design. The DSLR revolution motivated me to get back into film making again and I find I'm not as rusty as I thought with After Effects, Premiere, etc.

I'm fortunate that I've been in a position to experiment with alot of gear and equipment for DSLRs and after alot of experimentation I think I'm getting a handle on my shooting style (lean, run and gun). But this also means I'm contemplating getting rid of some investments I've made that make that mission more difficult--big heavy tripods, matte boxes and geared follow focuses. Although I'm more or less a beginner hopefully I can make some helpful contributions here.

Shooting mostly with a 5D Mark II and Canon 60D. I have all the usual gear stuff.

For those that want to learn more about be I have a currently very neglected blog at www.designthinkingdigest.com (http://www.designthinkingdigest.com)

Cheers,

Chicago Bernard
Chicago, IL

leelika08
08-08-2011, 01:40 AM

alabel
08-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi dvxusers. My name is Andrew, and this is m first post.

Sagan
08-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Right. Sagan here. I'm an enthusastic amateur, with a HV40 and a T2i, plus a load of stuff I'm told is good to have.... like a NTG2 mike, a beachtek, a Hn4, wide angle lens, a DIY slider, and a bunch of software that almost broke the bank, etc etc..

Had a bit of luck today. Picked up an "old" Canon film SLR with an extra lens, a 80mm to 200mm. $50 the lot. Works right, glass is good. Nice.

Ready to roll.

Ifocus
08-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey Dvx users, Joey here. look forward to being part of the community.

Davids1982
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Posting my first post!! Long live cinema!

theahost
08-23-2011, 05:12 AM
My name is Luis and I am new on the website. Can I ask you some questions regarding Redrock Field Cinema Deluxe?

deltoidjohn
08-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Just a quick note for any newbies who are reading through this thread...

Once you have the necessary permissions can you please update your profile with your location. It really helps with a lot of questions that come up.

For example, knowing what country you are from lets other users know what frame rates and system you are shooting for (NTSC or PAL). It also helps us when comparing prices on products or when suggesting places to shop. (For example, knowing that you are from Singapore lets us know why all your prices seem to be different than the USA or Australia, even thought it still expressed as a $ amount). It can also help when suggesting vendors, giving location specific advice, telling you local laws/rules/regulations, etc. You might even get other local members wanting to hire you or refering clients to you so it can be really beneficial.

It also lets us know if there is a language barrier that might exist. If we see you are from a non-english country, we may be more patient and forgiving of improper grammer and sentence structure. If your location is not listed, we might just assume you are a native English speaker and your writing makes no sense because you are a complete idiot and ignore your comments, rather than trying harder to understand you so we can answer your question as best as we can.

Please help us, the DVXuser community, to help you!

Tim Rohe
08-27-2011, 06:00 AM
First post! Just started a job where I will be shooting with the HVX 170. I discovered this forum in Barry Green's book on the HVX. I have also been researching a DSLR purchase for myself. I've already learned a ton in here. Thanks everyone!

David Jimerson
08-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Welcome aboard!

semperfilm
08-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Just making my first post to get full privileges. I'll introduce myself later, I promise :cheesy:

Bejeweled Videographer
08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi! I'm an aspiring videographer and I am making my first post here. I took a peek around and thought this looked like a place I could learn from. Is the Film School and Article section off limits? I was unable to access them once I activated my username.

Jason Ramsey
08-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi! I'm an aspiring videographer and I am making my first post here. I took a peek around and thought this looked like a place I could learn from. Is the Film School and Article section off limits? I was unable to access them once I activated my username.

Hey, welcome aboard... the extra tabs at the top are brand new (as of last night) and are not quite ready for prime time... it will house our old (and new) articles as well as compile the most useful content from the years of forum posts into easily browse-able information based articles, tutorials, etc... and some other stuff coming there soon, as well...

Jameel
09-05-2011, 10:27 AM
New member here. Just posting to access everything. Thanks.

ABDallas
09-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi, another newbie here. I was looking for a camera for me and my kid to get started into a bit more serious (greater than a Flip) video production both for his school and as a serious hobby, maybe more, for myself. Looked at most all new consumer models and a great deal of newer prosumer and pro models and believe we have decided that an old standard definition DVX100b (or two) might be the very best next move for us. Still need to buy one and checking out Craigslist regularly in the Dallas, TX area, but may have to try eBay. So basically, came here today to do a little more homework on the model and other's opinions. (And posting to get the extra viewing permissions!) -Aurek (and Joshua) Brillowski-Franklin, Dallas, Texas.

Jason Ramsey
09-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Hey, Aurek (and Joshua) Welcome to the madhouse. Hope you find the help you are looking for...

Later,
Jason

Wolfen Films
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Yet another new guy. I come from the great city of bi-polar weather (Chicago).

Not just a broke filmmaker but a nearly dead one... but it's all good, wouldn't have it any other way.

Just finished my first feature a couple of months ago with a pretty interesting story behind it's inception. I think I'll share it with you guys in a little while.

Also trying to raise funds for my short, but I don't know the rules here yet about that so I'll just enjoy the view around here for now :D

Oh, and my real name's Joe... but people end up calling me Wolfen anyway.

Jason Ramsey
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey, Joe. Welcome.

Also trying to raise funds for my short, but I don't know the rules here yet about that so I'll just enjoy the view around here for now :D

You can find the guidelines on raising dollars for film projects under #4 (Crowdfunding) here:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?211627-USER-FILMS-guidelines

It's pretty straightforward. Let us know if you have any questions.

Later,
Jason

chris_d
09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?260874-MUSIC-VIDEO-Texta-quot-Die-Dramaturgie-der-Ereignisse-quot-(German-Song)&p=2424919#post2424919

(http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?260874-MUSIC-VIDEO-Texta-quot-Die-Dramaturgie-der-Ereignisse-quot-(German-Song)&p=2424919#post2424919)

so - this was my first post on 09-04-11 - but i don´t have permissions on news jet...

yatti
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
hi,friends.I'm new.I'm in love with the filmmaking and photography.

hope we could share our experience and opus together.:cheesy:

emelo5678
09-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Hello

I also would like to change my name. Is it possible through the "settings"?

emelo5678
09-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Can you please change my username to edgarmelo please?

Altus
09-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi I'm new here and wanted to say hello.

I do Pyrotechnics in my spare time and have been filming them on an older cam for a while and wanted to move to filming in HD when someone pointed me to some footage shot on GH1/GH2. Since then I've been reading up as much as I can about the cameras and hacks available and this site has been one of the regular places I've been looking to get information on everything from hardware to workflow. Still at the bottom of a very big slope in terms of experience but hoping to improve that with what I watch and read on here.

One question I have is 'are the Articles and Film School pages private to only certain members?'

Thanks Altus (Justin)

swifter23
09-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi! was wondering why i couldn't PM. Thanks for the info!

TeddyJ
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi, Jason, TeddyJ here. thanks for the info.

Bernardo M.
09-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi there everyone,
I'm a new member (Photographer/videographer) . Although I've had a DVX100 for quite some time, bought quite a few pro accessories for it as well as a FCP enabled mac, I've not been able (for reasons I wont get into here) to do much with them since I've been away from the world of video and photography for about 5 years. So the reason for me to join DVX user is that I'm planing to get back and eventually make some projects with my equipment and investigate to what extent I need to upgrade some of it. In the process I hope to contribute as well to the DVXuser community. Regards

Vice Sallés
09-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi! I've been reading in this community for a long time and finally I've decided to register. With All this expert writing around here I feel a bit shy but le'ts try. Ups! I'm Vice, and I'm from Barcelona.

burroshooter
09-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello, I am Burroshooter (Michael Cox Sr) -- only with a cam, please no PETA mail. Ok? The name comes from my company name, Burro Creek Pictures. The company name comes from the fact that, when I was writing The Last Cowboy (optioned three times still not made), I wrote the last scene in my head driving between Phoenix and Kingman, AZ, a trip during which I crossed Burro Creek on the beautiful Burro Creek Bridge. A few days later someone asked me the name of my new company and I blurted, Burro Creek Pictures. Ok, so it's not Mal Paso but I make a living doing what I want to do. The income comes mostly from corporate training videos for, among others, the Tilted Kilt pub chain (they keep me hopping). We also manage the TKTV sports network, which requires a lot of editing and silent ad spot creation. I shoot some exptreme sports and no weddings. I've written seven screen plays, two optioned. Did I mention, I'm way past retirement age. Career has been radio, TV and publishing. Now can I post stuff?

Terry_Lasater
09-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Hello, BS! I mean... Michael. Welcome to DVXuser. :)

burroshooter
09-26-2011, 06:20 AM
But when do I get to see the News, Articles, Etc. ?

Jason Ramsey
09-26-2011, 06:54 AM
coming soon.

Ryan Anstett
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi guys,
Thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Ryan Anstett and I've been making movies since '08
Check out some of my work at http://www.slowfadethemovie.com
(http://www.slowfadethemovie.com)Or you can watch my trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=w9RaUnKRkOE
Thanks
Ryan

saiedbalkhi
09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Wow, everything I need is here. Thanks for making a noob happy.

georgiaonmymind
09-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi Jason, glad I came across your web site. Got a few good tips (about night club lighting) already. I'm a newby so all the info I can get helps a lot :)

Dave ©
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
...the extra tabs at the top are brand new (as of last night) and are not quite ready for prime time... it will house our old (and new) articles as well as compile the most useful content from the years of forum posts into easily browse-able information based articles, tutorials, etc... and some other stuff coming there soon, as well...

Sweet! Can't wait. LMK if you want/need beta testers. I'd be happy to review and provide feedback in advance of a public release.

Also, will you please change my user name to "Dave ©"? On Windows, the © is alt + 0169. On Mac, it's Option + G.

Thanks,

Dave

Letzring
10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
com licensa

Just trying to get in and edit my profile. . .

. . .and greetings from interior Alaska

Steven Brown
10-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh man, thanks so much. I had no clue what was going on.

Smoothshot
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi there, I´m new to this website but it looks great so far!

Jason Ramsey
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
welcome, aboard :)

Greg McGee
10-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Jason,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Greg McGee and I have been reading posts here for a while; finally joined earlier this year. I went back to school last year; I am currently a student in the Film, Television & Video program at Riverside City College in Southern California.

I just got my first camera, a Panasonic GH2, about amonth ago, so I have a lot to learn but look forward to being part of the community here.

Greg

Luis Caffesse
10-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Welcome, Greg!
:thumbsup:

Ken Hull
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Hello everyone.
Many years ago, I was studying television and film production at San Diego State College. In early 1971 I started a 4 year enlistment in the Navy and became a Photographers Mate, doing mostly still photography, but doing some 16mm shooting. Leaving the Navy, I had to scramble to get a job, and ended up in the computer industry. After getting laid off a few years ago, I decided it was time to change direction and get back to what I really wanted to do. So far, I've done some 48 Hour Film Projects, and got some part time work shooting sports videos.

P.S. -- I'm currently looking with great interest at the AG-HPX250. I plan on doing a lot of green screen shooting.

bilalmunir
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi friends!
My name is Bilal Munir, and i am form Pakistan, Lahore. I am here (on this website) to find information all about film making and film direction. My age is 18 and I want to be a director but unfortunately, i don't have any knowledge about filmmaking because in this area (where i have live) here is no one institute of film making. Sorry about mistakes in my English.
THANK YOU!!!

Paul Hudson
10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi friends!
My name is Bilal Munir, and i am form Pakistan, Lahore. I am here (on this website) to find information all about film making and film direction. My age is 18 and I want to be a director but unfortunately, i don't have any knowledge about filmmaking because in this area (where i have live) here is no one institute of film making. Sorry about mistakes in my English.
THANK YOU!!!

You can learn a lot here. There are many veterans who are more than willing to help anyone. Welcome.

Scottap
10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi All!

Long time lurker, first time poster (please be gentle).

Scott

Doc Bernard
10-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Letzring, Steven Brown, Smoothshot, Greg, Ken, Bilal, and Scott.......welcome!!!!!!!!!

LOL, especially to Greg......who is apparently a couple of miles from me.

bmcintire62
10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks Jason, you just answered my question. I am a greenhorn and am very interested in learning as much as possible on getting good footage, primarily in filming sports. I haven't had a great deal of success and it's frustrating thinking I have good footage only to find out in post that the settings were not what they should have been and the results left something to be desired. Any books or training you could recommend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Brad

burn_your_money
10-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

Been reading this site for some time now and have found it useful enough to actually justify the time spent in registering. I'm looking forward to learning more about my cameras (and being able to edit my profile)

Thanks
Tyler

croikies
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I've been lurking for awhile and have finally decided to dive in to the film world (i.e. I want to buy a camera off of the marketplace and need a post to pm).

-Mike

jaimejuarez
10-28-2011, 08:14 AM
My name is Jaime and I am a Sound Designer from Mexico City but based in London.

Cheers

jaimejuarez.com

troutbum
10-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Just saying Hi. My name is Mark Mille (which I will change my username to when I'm able)-- professional artist and enthusiastic video newb.

LbSand
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Hello, my name is Mike and I have just purchased a DVX100 (sounds like DV anonymous) to learn on. I've been following the site for awhile and I am looking forward to participating.

Terry_Lasater
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Howdy, folks!

schwimmwagen
11-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Hello

Egg Born Son
11-06-2011, 03:12 PM
G'day, new user.

Dyson-
11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Hello.

Eggnog.
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
First post and many to come, you can call me eggnog, or egghead or whatever.

bmooreskier
11-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Whats up? I'm Brandon, i live in NY, go to school in PA, and my passion is skiing. I love freestyle skiing. I also love skiing photography and filming. My friend and I made a full length ski movie last year. I have recently upgraded to the T2i with some L glass, and am hoping to pick up some more equipment and knowledge on here

xwhy
11-17-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi all!

I am going to pick up my AG-DVX100A this weekend sometime and am very excited! I know very little about cameras and editing but would like to learn and thought this might be a good place to come if/when I run into hangups. I have watched some of you work and loved it...once again, really glad this forum is available!

Thanks,

Dan

Sha
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey all,

My name is Shawn, I live in Ontario Canada, I have come to this site often for reference but didn't decide to sign up until now, need some back and forth from some like minded individuals and this seems like the place to do it. I am a newbie by all means fresh out of school and to this forum, hopefully I can help some of you and I am sure you'll be able to do the same for me.

Happy Shooting..... or Editing if thats your thing,

CJRB
11-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey Jason thanks for explanation. Damn spammers are a pain.

fox33
11-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Hello dvxusers

Great forum so I thought I'd register ! I am primarily a photographer that got into video with my Nikon D90. I recently upgraded to the D7000 and I'm looking forward to learning more about video on here. My native language is french so please forgive any english errors.

Voilà!

koloadin
11-25-2011, 06:50 AM
hi, looking forward to using DVXUser.com :-)

JBoatman
11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to dvxuser. Seems like a great forum so far.

James0b57
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Awesome! Welcome!

hkivi
11-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Hi, I am a "fish". I've been user for one day and I can't get enough of this place. I tought I knew almost everything, but here is so much more info around every corner.

ACESMN
11-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi,

Mike from Minnesota. Hopefully this will let me get better access to this site!

Tony@CineHD
11-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Jason,

I am a newbie also and up til now, was a little confused as to why I couldn't make better use of your great site, so thanks for making life a whole lot easier.

Thanks.

kylemaggy
12-01-2011, 11:29 AM
My name is Kyle Maggy. I am a college student and I have a passion for design and the outdoors. More recently I have got more into my hobby of filmmaking. I just purchased a 7D.

iq19zero
12-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Hey Jason. New user here. would like acess to PM. Keep up the good work.

Jack

Rock702
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Jason,

Great Site. Just joined today.
i have been reading the sections on where to buy DVX 100's.
I made a post in the DVX100 section asking for advice.

I found a DVX 100B at a local Pawn shop for $ 750. It includes a case, batteries, charger, cables, remote control.
I'm tempted to go for it. Not sure what I should look for other than hours used.

Thanks...

spaceshuttle3069
12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I would like to have access to boards that discuss the DVX100B; I am registered, but for some reason my access is restricted. (I registered last July, but haven't been back for awhile.)

Anthony Dias
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
This is Tony from San Jose :)

I just want to buy something from someone on this site...

but in the past, I have actually run across this site while trouble-shooting random bugs in my editing system. Thanks for the site!

Mockingbird
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
New user! These boards looks awesome! :)

PsiSpy
12-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Greetings !

I have the name of PsiSpy....but am known as Rick. I have done a small amount of film work but would like to progress from what I have done here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlbUR5DqdnI&feature=related
Yes it is basic, as is the editing suite, but that has changed in recent months and am learning Adobe CS5. I am in the market to upgrade my camera to ...
a Canon XF100 or possibly 105, not too sure yet. If there are any basics that anyone could offer I would be more than willing to listen and learn.
Any advice people ? I would like the 300 but it is a little too $$

Oh yes, if you are confused by the video it was edited down from over an hour. To give people who Remote View ( a psychic functioning, as taught by the US Military, declassified 1995 by the CIA ) now out to the public. Something we train people in.

Hope to chat with experinced folk here and learn some things.

Rick

preacherman
12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Good afternoon all. I am brand new to this forum and want to use it as a resource and knowledge base. I video for a hunting show on the Sportsman Channel called Hallowed Ground Outdoors and own and use the sony hvr z5u with the mrc1 cf reader and a canon t2i. I also use the gopro for a second angle camera. I look forward to gaining some insight here.

johnylatly
12-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I wanted a quality camera to produce a video "resume" of my daughter who is a sr this yr. she is incredibly active. Capains the cheer leader squad, plays check ice hockey with the boys, sings in the jazz choir. drivin me crazy. so I thouht i would tape the events and produce a video.

the bitch is, i dont know the first thing about film making. taped a choir concert last night. not to good. wrestled with the tripod too much. picture jumping around. audio is questionable.

I wanted to get a remote mic set up, but can seem to find one with decent reviews that are compatible with the camera.

anyway, help if you can.

Johny

vorrik
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Been reading these forums for a while, just now signing up. Lots of good info here!

Jack Dwyer
12-10-2011, 11:08 PM
I am not a robot.

McNamara
12-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Just following instructions.
JMc

Minor Hour Films
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and would just like to introduce the film work I do: http://www.minorhourfilms.com

Looking forward to sharing my filmmaking experiences with you all!

44840 (http://www.minorhourfilms.com)

Buckler
12-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi, My names David L Buckler and I'm going to be the best film director in the world.

Jason Ramsey
12-14-2011, 06:22 AM
welcome aboard, everyone...

wrestled with the tripod too much.
what tripod?

Lawrence
12-15-2011, 08:21 AM
HI, and thanks for that information. I was wondering about my HVX200. I used Bose Quietcomfort ll and did not hear the barking dog in the headphones, but was loud once in FCP. Is is the headphones or the camera?

KrickProductions
12-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey guys! Just joined yesterday I am in college for business right now, but I cant ignore my urge afterward to produce and direct films. I plan on going to some type of film school when I am done with my degree. I love watching, reviewing, and making movies. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any tips or if you wanna be my friend feel free to add me! Thanks!

glengo
12-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi there -- Glen Go here. I'm primarily a writer/director. I directed and edited the Xmas fest short shot by drewman and BrentE, who turned me on to the forum and lots of good stuff here. Happy holidays!

Bill Cullen
12-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Hi there - Bill Cullen here. I'm from the UK.

Jason Ramsey
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
welcome.

Schnelli
12-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I live in Southern California and have only recently become interested in film making. It all started with the purchase of a Panasonic TM700 before a vacation to the Grand Canyon and returning with hours and hours of really boring footage. Hoping to put something together that was viewable I bought editing software at Costco for $60... only to find that I really wanted to do way more than what it let me... So I checked around and got into Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 (I am a PC, not a MAC ;-) ...which led to the purchase of a powerful new desktop computer. Still finding that a vacation video lacked a proper story I started dabbling into little short fun clips using friends and co-workers...which then led to film classes taught at our local college... I just finished my first short film and was terribly disappointed with the outcome. My Panasonic TM700 lacks DOF, no matter how hard I try to set up lighting (I got a lighting kit after realizing renting equipment is too time consuming and costly in the long run), compose the shot, everything is in focus and looks just like any old video. I was seriously considering buying a new camera, unfortunately, when I think of all the things that gave me a hard time during my film class (no XLR audio input, no time code stamps, lack of DOF...), a new camera would set me back over $5k...
I really like what I see in the Panasonic AF100, but think I need to learn more first before making that investment. After all, I was a point and shoot person only 3 months ago. I probably don't know enough about manual control to make the jump to this camera.
I do own a Nikon D3100 and am thinking about using that for a bit and learn the ropes before investing more money at this time. I am very open to suggestions for new equipment and how to make better use of what I already own.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone and hopefully learning alot fast!
Schnelli

kbf
12-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Hello I'm a new member of the dvxusergroup. I hope that i will learn a lot here. Since a half year I own a Panasonic AF100. I got to know your site by the book of Barry Green.
Greetings,
Kees

alainwong
12-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi, my name is Alain and I'm from Montreal, Canada.

I'm new to DSLR filmmaking, and have been playing around with all the good stuff suggested on forums like this one. Looking forward to meeting people here and learning more as I move forward.

I've been mostly renting gear for the moment, but also starting to build my kit gradually— suggestions are welcome! I've just recently traded away a fender bass for a Zoom H4n and Sennheiser MKE400, and next purchase is a Z Finder :)

Tom Isaac
12-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi, my name is Tom and I live in the highlands of Scotland. Just been given a DVX100B for christmas & I'm to learn how to use it!

David Jimerson
12-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Welcome.

conradconrad
01-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone, my name's Conrad and I'm from Colorado.

Jason Ramsey
01-02-2012, 02:11 PM
hey, conrad from colorado... nice place :)

Schnelli
01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi Kees,

that is the camera I am hoping to get soon (waiting for that bonus to come in from work first...;-). How do you like it?

Andrea

Euroval
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Heya everyone. I'm in the business of pro video equipment, but also filming and post-production. Hailing from Croatia.

So, nice to meet you.

whathaveIdone?
01-04-2012, 07:09 AM
I have a GH2 and I need that perfect lens to film my four busy, crazy kids! I need a lens that can handle volleyball, basketball, fast pitch softball, football, track, swimming and theater!!!!!! I've had basic camcorders since my first child's birth (1995), and now I'm diving into this GH2 without a clue as to what I'm doing. I don't want to spend a fortune, so I thought these experts here at DVX might have the best advise. Thanks.

PapaRomeo
01-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Papa Romeo aka Patrik Raski. GH2 as well as GF1, Nikon, PhaseOne shooter.

indeficienter
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Hello everyone, just making my first post here.. for now i'm really loving this forum & i am looking forward to learn some more on filmmaking and everything that goes with it. It looks like i'm on right place :)

gilbertsonandatherton.com
01-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Just posting so we can edit our profile and start asking about the canon 550D and 600D. We are two up and coming script writers who have an agent and who have some short film ideas and features that we want to film in the U.K with our 550D and 600D cameras. Our username is our website address so we hope that doesn't breach some kind of self promotional issue on this site.

Patrick Barta
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm a still commercial photographer who's being forced to get into Video. With all this technology happening I need to ad video to service my clients. I've been making the move for about a year now and I can see I have a lot to learn.

Be gentle.

By the way, I'm looking for an affordable field monitor that has high res and peeking/focus assit. Any suggestions? or better yet have a Small DP1x to sell?

Dyess
01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Sounds like you have your hands full. I bet you didn't think you would have so much work to do.

Dyess
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the membership, I hope I can help someone else in the future.

kennyd
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Hey Everyone im a newbie to the site. Fantastic site it must be said, I've learnt an awful lot already on here. Anyway just bought myself a 550d and an old nikkor 50mm lense (still waiting on lense) can't wait to try them out. I Hope to get a project up and running in the next few weeks so might be asking a few questions on the way if thats ok with you guys :).

originalauthor
01-13-2012, 06:52 AM
DVX100b User here and I LOVE this Camera. This Site has helped me out so MUCH!

Harrison Diamond
01-18-2012, 08:14 PM
New here, but i'm an old hand over at RedUser and ScarletUser. Figure I might as well mingle over here back where it all started!

bsgranpa
01-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Trust me, there's no one here who understands less than I do about cameras and any of the technology of all this arena. However, I'm trying to learn and I read a lot. As an old geezer, much of this is vocabulary. I figure that I can absorb wisdom if I hang out long enough. Thanks to all who share of their expertise.

beRain
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Hello.. I am an aspiring Movie/Documentary producer from living in Japan. Nice to meet you all!

Also, I am not able to access other links on this site. I cannot access the Film School Link for example. How can I access it?

bergaler
01-19-2012, 11:21 PM
New here. Looking to get an hmc40 and learn how to get the most out of it. Shot a few edits off a cheap tripod I found in my parents garage like 7 years ago with an HG10.. the footy is good but after watching literally thousands of edits on Vimeo I've decided it's about time to upgrade. Riding skills are progressing so so is the filming. Excited to try and find a good deal and start shooting when the weather warms up!

AmbitiousYF
01-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi there,
I'm an Actor that is in love with Cinematography.
I enjoy learning and interested in any advice anyone
would like to offer about the film world.Feel free to let
me know someof your favorite cinematographers.

-AmbitiousYF

AmbitiousYF
01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi Berain... I wish i lived in Japan. I so badly want a Randoseru bag!
Hi... I'm a newbie as well.

A.S.Lewis
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Hello everyone. I'm Stephen (A.S.) Lewis from Newfoundland, Canada and am very please to have found this forum. Hoping I will be a constructive contributor.

Cheers

Shane O'Neal Studios
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Hello, We are familiar with dvxuser as some of our friends and crew members have been members here for years. I would like to say hello, from us at Shane O'Neal Studios.

simchippy
01-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Tom here, great site!

abel_claire
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Just signed up, thanks! :)

Goiaba
01-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm from Brazil, and I've about 14 years of experience in the bradcast and video production market. Dvxuser is a great forum !!!
Cheers!

moppermokum
02-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Hi Everyone - I am from the Netherlands and just getting started with video. Hoping to find some good nuggets here!

Frank Popper
02-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering why I couldn't make headway on the site.

Jason Ramsey
02-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Sorry, Frank. Seeing that you have been a member since 2006, it shouldn't have hit you... but, glad you found your way, nonetheless..

Welcome to the madhouse, everyone.

Dan Frank
02-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I've been reading the posts on DVXuser.com a lot over the last year. I recently purchased my first Panasonic camera, an HMC150, and Barry's HMC book. I've been living and working in the hospitality and corporate event audiovisual industry in Denver for the last five years, but I also lived in LA where I worked in television production for three years which is where I first used the DVX100b back in 2004. I'm interested in all aspects of video and hoping to find a community of Panasonic users in Colorado to collaborate with.

Kurkabee1
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi Jason! Kurkabee here. Will be looking for info on Panasonic AG-DVX100B and looking for a Tinsley fisheye lens -- for starters ;-) Nice site!

pairate
02-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi All, Looks like a great forum. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Steve

Terry_Lasater
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
...I worked in television production for three years which is where I first used the DVX100b back in 2004.

Actually, the DVX100B came out in late 2005. :cheesy:

That said, welcome! :)

deli11
02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
hey im new to the world of video and hope to share and learn ...thanks

ncmaineac
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
would this be considered an appropriate post to be a full member?

thanks

Terry_Lasater
02-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Indeed it would. Hello.

Socks
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi

Socks
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
In concern to my first post, will I get access to the "Film School" section by posting here?

peterandersen
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi, Jason-- I'm a new member and would like to be elevated above the "spam" group if possible, so I can join groups and post things to the forum.

Thanks very much!

Pete Andersen

Jason Ramsey
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
In concern to my first post, will I get access to the "Film School" section by posting here?

no one can see film school or those other tabs. long overdue coming soon feature :)

look for it to be available in some form after the upgrades most likely coming this sunday evening...

--

Peter... welcome aboard. you've done what you need to do. The back end will automatically promote you to full permissions...

thehyme
02-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Hello Jason.

Oddly enough, I've been a member since 2006, but only lurked, and haven't been her in a while. I've never, ever posted, but now I am posting for the first time to get out of the spam group.

Thanks and cheers,
thehyme

Walter Hergt
02-13-2012, 05:37 AM
Hey all. Walter. Really psyched for resources and conversations like the ones here.

Getting into video with my nex-5n, canon fd lenses, and constantly trying to find the audio solutions that are most convenient/best performing, etc., etc. Interested in video documentary primarily.

capcity16
02-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi, I'm Ryan, cool site. Learned a lot by checking in and out, so I desided to become a member

Jason Ramsey
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
welcome aboard. don't mind the mess... we're making some changes to the site :)