PDA

View Full Version : Poor mother nature

terra1
09-12-2010, 07:46 AM
this is the first (TEST) video i've uploaded to vimeo so please don't hate me for you watching it... wanted to see how easy it was and see what the vimeo compression turned out like.

SHORT, SIMPLE & SOUNDLESS! :smile:

POOR MOTHER NATURE HANGING FROM A THREAD! literally!

x_WOrPIG_x
09-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Looks great! What lens were you using for this one?

terra1
09-12-2010, 08:33 AM
thanks WOrPIG

20mm pancake lens at F1.7
ND filters 8+4
NOSTALGIC all -2

straight off the camera all the blacks are really washed out, i think its down to the crap ND filters i may be wrong?!

used the adobe premiere effect EQUALIZE to regain some black and toned it down a little to get the colours and feel i wanted.

thanks for the boost of a good 1st comment mate!

DanDOF
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, I like it! I'm going to try a soundless little film/video. Good job.

I'm also going to pull out my Variable ND filter I bought a year ago... I never liked the color it produced tho, so I haven't used it since I owned a D90.

terra1
09-12-2010, 11:58 PM
thanks DanDOF

i was going to overlay the creaking of a swinging rope but i thought the silence worked better.

whats the saying... if a tree falls and nobodies around, does it make a sound?
i've never understood it but i guess you cant hear mother nature cry so i left it a silent.

i was going to snip the rope creak from "hang em high" (clint eastwood)
the trailer doesnt show the films title but as he is hung at the start the title comes down over his dangling feet and the beautiful creak, good western.

8fgAtoAEu7I

maxdvz
09-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Hey Terra,

I like it. I would have liked to see that piece of wood drop from the tree before it
started hanging. Yeah, and maybe snip some hanging sound effects.

Maybe shoot at 60P 1/125 for the drop and slow it down.(or 50p in PAL land)

Some spaghetti western music would definitely add something here.

I like the washed out look for this.

Cheers,

Max

terra1
09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
hey thanks MAXDVZ & all you guys!

i didn't set up the shot with the wood in the rope it was just swinging when i walked past it, kinda liked its gentleness, probably had been swinging for days....

when i walked past it later that afternoon the branch had vanished...

yeah i've just recently learnt about keeping my shutter speed set to 1/50th and 1/100th for slow-mo, still thinking and figuring out how things should be shot.

the feedback is great! i appreciate it greatly from all you guys, really spurs me on to push myself to do more and progress, i guess if we all get involved and put in it pushes everyone on to do more and naturally improve ourselves individually, knocking on to a greater more creative scene collectively and the power of "oneness" is reborn!

ONE... the greatest number there is! everyONE as ONE!

sonYFxHHvaM
some people will hate reading this because they fear it... or i've had to much lucozade today :smile: