PDA

View Full Version : DVD Studio Pro 3 Importing Video from Premiere 1.5

magichour
10-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know what the best combination of settings are for exporting from Premiere 1.5 to a video file format then suitable for import into DVD Studio Pro 3? For example is it Adobe Media Encoder and which settings....? Should I export to Quicktime or Mpeg-2 (General) or MPEG-2 (DVD)? Please list any details.

Thank for the help.

Magichour ???

Neil Rowe
10-01-2004, 11:21 AM
i would assume that you should just export a full res avi, and have the DVD authoring program do the encoding to mpg 2 for DVD if it can, and assuming it does a decent job encoding .

otherwise you would use the adobe media encoder to export mpg2 for DVD using whatever method and compression settings you need or prefer.

magichour
10-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks, after researching for a week now I finally have an answer:

For all you newbies out there and the ones who just don't know...

1. Export from Premiere using Adobe Media Encoder with the MPEG-2 DVD preset.

2. Modify the preset as needed and save to a new preset. Video should be set to Main Concept...modify your bitrate settings according to the dynamics of your video, (Go to http://www.Videohelp.com for more info.) Your Audio should be set to either PCM 48[16 bit] or to make it even easier, encode to .AC3 using the Dolby Encoder. (Mac likes this and the audio file size is much smaller)

3. Re: DVD Multiplexing, select none. (Allow Premiere Pro to split the files into Video = .M2v and Audio

4. Take your files and dump 'em in to the mac and if you chose not to use the Dolby encoder before and you now have a .Wav file for your audio you can us the Mac application A.Pack to encode with a birate of 192k or 224k or higher if necessary. (Don't go lower than 96k)

5. When A.pack is done, import your .M2V file and your new AC3 file into DVD Studio Pro as an asset.

6. Your'e done.* ;)

*For all of you not authoring your DVDs in Dvd SP3 you're really missing out on a lot. I was a hard core Premiere and Encore user and you know I may still use Premiere for certain things but my primary machine for authoring and editing will be my G4 Titanium laptop with FCP and DVDSP3 with Motion and Shake for composites and Photoshop for graphics and titles. Next I'll be getting a dual G5 system.
I must say I'm sold on Apple's products, they really are better for editing and graphics. You won't be disappointed, trust me.