PDA

View Full Version : Sorenson Squeeze 4

Shadow
10-28-2004, 08:23 AM
I had just upload the trial version of Sorenson Squeeze 4 and I know how to load clip by adding the (.mov) to your file.

But if I want a Quicktime movie from an edited film from a sequence in FCP or FCE, I use the Export Using Quicktime conversion to make a QT video for the web. If I want to use the trial version for Sorenson Squeeze 4, do I have first to get this Quicktime movie file and
then squeeze it after or there is a way to load the final sequence directly to Sorenson Squeeze 4 before being squeeze first in FCE ?

Thanks for your help.

Shadow
10-28-2004, 11:03 AM
On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Support@sorenson.com wrote:

Here is the answer from Sorenson support to my question:

Yves,

The best way to utilize Squeeze is to export from Final Cut pro in the most uncompressed video you can (avi is the most uncompressed also you could do a high quality MOV file) and drop that file into Squeeze.
You can then choose the quality of compression you want to export depending on how you are planning to distribute it. There are dozens of preset compressions you can choose depending if your viewer will be streaming the video from the web or
watching from a CD or DVD.

I was thinking that It was better not having a compress file before going with Squeeze, but it's the most uncompressed file possible.

krestofre
10-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Can Final Cut Pro export a quicktime reference file? My workflow from an Avid Xpress Pro system is to export Quicktime Reference and then give that to Squeeze. Works great and it's a first generation compression.

Chris

Shadow
10-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes, I found the way to do it, full resolution or reference directly to Squeeze for first generation and everything work perfectly.

Thanks Krestofre