PDA

View Full Version : Err 80

boulder
08-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Well in the middle of a big shoot with several actors and crew and special effects people my 7D decided to give up the ghost and give me Err 80...after some research it is a circuit board/shutter issue. Nice. I have shoots scheduled during the next two weeks and I have been told it will take two weeks to repair.

When I calculate the lost money this is well beyond the cost of the camera. Trying to decide if I should grab a GH-1 as a backup ( I hate to reward Canon with another purchase because of this)

jambredz
08-22-2010, 09:12 PM
man that sucks. though i guess its one of those things...these things are still machines that malfunction from time to time. I got my tamron 17-50 vc lens...and 2 MONTHS into operation the focus ring is giving me problems. its under warreny but i'm in Jamaica and shipping and customs is a bitch...its so unreal.

So i feel it for u man.

Monitoring out isnt a big deal for u then is it...if ur considering the gh1...and it can possibly be unable to hack, which would suck!
I guess the t2i is an option also. (or not)

Were you able to complete the shoot?

boulder
08-22-2010, 09:59 PM
No, will have to try to get the people back and finish in two weeks. The stars have to align though...availability and cloudless sunny day :(

Jordan_S
08-22-2010, 10:17 PM
[...] 2 MONTHS into operation the focus ring is giving me problems. its under warreny but i'm in Jamaica and shipping and customs is a bitch[...]

With your paperwork, the serial number, and marking the box "Vendor Return" or something similar depending on exactly where it's going, you should not have any problems. That's not to say time won't be wasted but at least they can't collect more money.

jambredz
08-22-2010, 10:41 PM
lol...Jordan...i wish i were so. I dont have to pay AS much...but yeh. i still have to pay with the return vendor thing. Its a cruel world out here in terms of shipping stuff. And its also just a hassle to have to actually go to the airport to clear it...yeh u have to go there instead of me having it delievered to my door. Drama i tell you.

Anyway..thanks for the heads up Boulder...at least i'll know what the heck is going on if that happens to me (hopefully not on set!)