PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Compressing My Video For Internet

reddPLANET
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Forgive me for being blind, but I can't find a single topic that simply explains how to take my 5 minute clip and turn it into either a .mov or .mpg file so i can have it streamed or downloaded from my website at a decent file size... only using vegas. This is possible, right? I can't figure it out... my files are ending up huge... any help on this would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

BLUESPIDER
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I've really never used vegas but I'm sure you can do an export and you should have an option to where what codec you can choose. I use Preimere and its has an option to where you can choose export to windows media. The rest is history from there. Try posting this in the Vegas section.

Barry_Green
01-04-2005, 11:16 PM
It couldn't be easier... just go to "render as..." and for file type, click in the drop-down box. You'll see dozens of potential file types, including .wmv, .mov, .mpg, etc. Pick a file type and then choose your template (for streaming files you can pick a default template for the bitrate, etc).

SoundMaster
01-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Crash course in web video.
Streaming requires the use of MMS protocol. Most websites do NOT have MMS protocol capability.
HTTP protocol will only do progressive download (fine for broadband cable, may work with some DSL) which does not work well with limited bandwidth (DSL 256k is limited for video).

Use a bit rate of about 300k for best overall quality and bandwidth use. Use .mov (progressive download with caching) or .wmv formats

reddPLANET
01-12-2005, 09:12 AM
thanks for the replies... i know that with "render as" i can choose .mov... i totally did that, what i'm confused about is the size of it... because i downloaded some of the movie clips for the dvxuser.com contest and they are much smaller in size than my video clip, and yet longer in length... and that's where i'm lost... i wanted to know how the heck they did that... thanks for the help!

HorseFilms
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm sure a few people used another program such as Sorenson Squeeze or Cleaner to get their file sizes down. I used Sorenson.

reddPLANET
01-12-2005, 03:31 PM
good to know... i'm getting sorenson... hope it's easy... thanks...

DCERVENKA
01-25-2005, 06:12 PM
If you don't mind having a .wmv file then you can use this tutorial:

http://www.dpcfilms.com/HowTo/articles/CompressingVideos/index.asp

BTW - Windows Media Encoder is FREE and it's fast...

eber
01-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I replied to another post, that Macromedia has a Flash Video kit, that includes the Sorenson codec. http://www.macromedia.com/video/?promoid=AJTE

Let me know if this works!

JE