PDA

View Full Version : DVD compression question

LAfilmaker
01-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey everybody...I am have a real problem here with encore ver 1.0. I cut in avid xpress 4.6, compress to mpeg2 in sorenson 4.0 and from my understanding, it should not need to be compressed anymore because it is a DVD ready mpeg2 format, as specified in sorenson. For some reason, when I put it into encore DVD it wants to compress it again, I cannot burn a disc without doing that first. And the thing that really sucks about it is that encore compression SUCKS...it leaves all sorts of audio pops and sporatic freeze frames. I mean its "watchable" but come on. Has anyone ran into this and can you help me out. THanks!!

DCERVENKA
01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Looks like no one is biting on this one. You might want to check out the Adobe Encore Forum here: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de98ec0

I ran into numerous issue with v1, especially with transcoding. At the end I upgraded to v1.5 because I got tired of rebuilding my projects from scratch...

HorseFilms
01-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Is it recompressing it because the MPEG2 file size is too big, or for some other reason?

travis
02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
The problem sounds familiar to me.
I use to have that encofing with tmpeg. I resolved it making the compression more "standard" Thereīs a setting in the tmpeg which ask for the file to be standard compliance with mpeg2. Doing that i didnīt have the problem anymore.
Other thing you can try is not to choose the bigger bitrate (stay in 9000 as maximum/ adobe has troubles with 9600 (donīt ask me why...))

Encore doesnīt have to recompress again. So be patient and try to make test with little pieces of video, change the settings and see which one works.