PDA

View Full Version : Does brand new 7D have a sealed package?

Taiman89
08-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Quick question, I just received my new 7D from Amazon (brand new), but I was a bit surprised that the box and camera had not a single piece of tape or seal of any sort... I'm sorry for being paranoid (Im sure I would be diagnosed with OCD if I visited any psychologist), but just wondering if you guys encountered any kinds of packaging seals with your 7D's? I know Amazon is a great quality vendor, and my camera looks fine, but just wanna make sure! Thanks.

Pookie
08-17-2010, 11:17 PM
They don't tape'm shut any more........

MattinSTL
08-18-2010, 01:40 AM
They don't tape'm shut any more........

I got a 7D earlier this year from sears.com. Same thing... the cam looked great, but modern packaging looks almost like somebody carefully packed the cam from their house instead of in a factory.

It's a smart move though... Why have packaging that gets messed up, in the event of a return? I actually DID return my cam and made sure to put it back exactly perfect. Never took a picture, never opened/charged the battery. (I'm only stating this as a personal example, because sears can still sell the cam as new.)

All you gotta' do if you want to be sure is see how many actuations the cam has had... see if you take the first picture and the picture is marked "001" or whatever... I expect you have no worries, but that will confirm that it's brand new. If it's on "056" or something... or if it's got orange cheeto prints on it... well, that's a dead give-away.

Taiman89
08-18-2010, 03:08 AM
haha, ok thanks a lot guys. Just charged up the battery, will give it a whirl.