PDA

View Full Version : New Scriptfest? Please =)

Anthony Todaro
08-07-2010, 05:01 PM

Anthony Todaro
08-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey, I'll take THRILLfest any day!!!

Isaac_Brody
08-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Will be another one, sorry, been slammed with new job. Also, haven't forgotten prizes either from last one. Just need to PM/email winner to get addresses. Stay tuned.

Anthony Todaro
08-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Sweet.

xxrotinivol2
08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Awesome, this would be fun!

Tippsy
08-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Fairytale fest!!!

alex whitmer
08-15-2010, 08:31 AM
My vote is to team Isaac and Cris Keaton as ScriptFest moderators. Let's see if we can't move this thing from DVXuser step-child to a place where the DVX (and newbs) writers can really show their teeth.

Lots of great film makers here with lots of cool toys and equipment. Let's get serious about the importance of the writing process that goes hand in hand.

Or, as grandpa used to say, 'No more pussyfooting around'.

A serious fest needs two or more moderators. That's not to take away from the work Isaac has done. Not in the least. But imagine if you will only one moderator in the film fests trying to juggle all aspects in making it work, fest after fest, and still maintain the smokin'-ness of it all. And still keep their day jobs.

Chris! Get your ass over here and help Isaac.

a

Chris_Keaton
08-15-2010, 10:05 AM
What did I do wrong? :(

Just kidding I would be happy to help.

lawriejaffa
08-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi there - yep i think anything to speed up the process of these fests! I mean Isaac does an awesome job, but its pretty frustrating how long it takes to get new fests started. We could have a faster cycle than the normal fests, and this would help writers develop their skills (from peer responses) quicker too. So if the role of creating/managing these fests can be shared to allow for this - i think it would be well recommended!

RodThompson
08-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Warfest

Charli
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Want to make it interesting?

Same plot, same number of actors, same location - let's see who comes up with the most unique version, any genre.

Zak Forsman
08-17-2010, 03:32 PM
that could be fun. the fest supplies a logline and contestants write it. winner takes all!!!!!

Chris_Keaton
08-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Same logline, could be cool.

It could also be boring to read, but i'm going with cool.

lambert
08-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Same plot, location, number of actors and write it in 24 hours, start to finish. Now that would be interesting.

TimCollins
08-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Dark comedy fest would be a good one...

alex whitmer
08-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Just did something of the sort for the 48 Hour Film Project (screening tonight in Pittsburg).

The mods gave a theme, a line of dialogue, a prop and one character. The rest was up to each team.

Pittsburg had ...

Heist
'Take your time. I've got all day'.
Pillow
Gill or Gillian Walters - ex-military

Lot of fun. Best Of Awards for use of said requirements, as well as Best Of for the usual suspects: Film, director, editing and so on.

alex whitmer
08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi there - yep i think anything to speed up the process of these fests! I mean Isaac does an awesome job, but its pretty frustrating how long it takes to get new fests started. We could have a faster cycle than the normal fests, and this would help writers develop their skills (from peer responses) quicker too. So if the role of creating/managing these fests can be shared to allow for this - i think it would be well recommended!

Or maybe two extra mods here. Far as I can tell, there aren't any chick mods. So, to right this wrong, how about Isaac, Chris and Charli !!

Chris_Keaton
08-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Why not Alex?

Mobie540
08-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Just did something of the sort for the 48 Hour Film Project (screening tonight in Pittsburg).

The mods gave a theme, a line of dialogue, a prop and one character. The rest was up to each team.

Pittsburg had ...

Heist
'Take your time. I've got all day'.
Pillow
Gill or Gillian Walters - ex-military

Lot of fun. Best Of Awards for use of said requirements, as well as Best Of for the usual suspects: Film, director, editing and so on.

We just did our 48 last weekend, screened last night.

Comedy
Prop was cell phone
"All you need is one of these"
Sara/Sam Carpenter - Ticket Taker

I had to edit that fiasco and I'll leave it at that.

Anthony Todaro
08-20-2010, 01:12 PM
The line of dialogue should be from the Mel Gibson meltdown.

Captain Pierce
08-20-2010, 08:03 PM
No Mel Gibson line (real or fictional) can ever top:

"GIVE ME BACK MY SON!!!"