PDA

View Full Version : Isolation/water chamber or any kind of human chamber

Lythari311
08-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Anyone know if a prop house or something would have these type of things for rent or have any idea on how I could go about making one? Links or suggestions would be great!
Want to shoot a futuristic film so I need these kind of chambers in order to make my story work. They don't have to be water based either.

Noiz2
08-14-2010, 06:00 PM
If you end up building one remember that water is VERY heavy and that weight pushes in all directions but up. Figure around 63 lbs per cubic foot.

kgimedia
08-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Find a local Art Institute/College that has an Industrial Design program. Some straight Fine Art student work in this area but ID have all played with small scale versions. You give a group of talented students $1000 and they can make magic.

If school is in session they often check with Professors for the engineering side and function. I assume you asked the question because you can not afford a professional, but it might not hurt to have an actual Engineer or Fabricator as a consultant. Either way make sure insurance is payed and everything is covered.

Sad Max
08-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Where are you located? If you are in Los Angeles you have a number of prop houses that are good bets for that sort of thing.