PDA

View Full Version : 7D Batteries, anyone ?

dusterdoo
07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Any good connections for 7D cheapo (but good) replacement batteries ? My current replacement batteries are not recognized by my stock charger...THanks in advance..

Cassius
07-30-2010, 06:23 PM
If you have generic batteries you need a generic charger. Actual Canon batteries are never cheap, and the right charger will be a lot less than the difference between battery prices.

Jason Adams
07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I bought 3 canons. I did not want to spend that money on batts but after a long search I could not find a quality low cost replacement. It is such a low cost cam that I decided that I would not compromise on the batteries. No regrets.

I also found that I need fewer batts than my HPX. It takes about 45 min to charge a canon batt and I average about 40-50 minutes off a batt while I shoot. With only 2 I can shoot all day long. One in the cam, one on the charger.

super_plus
08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
If you have generic batteries you need a generic charger. Actual Canon batteries are never cheap, and the right charger will be a lot less than the difference between battery prices.

I have five generic batteries from two different companies and they all work in my canon charger.

While you can run into some junk generics I've found that most deliver pretty close to the performance of the OEM. They may not take as many charges but you can get alot of them for under $10 a piece. I'll take 5-6 generics to one OEM anyday :)

Cassius
08-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Good to know some of them work. Mine never showed up in the mail, so I'm just going by the description.

twotonepunkkid
08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Check out bestbatt.com I got a battery from them for about $40. It works in the OEM charger, shows up on the LCD and lasts just as long as my OEM batteries.